EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

supercharger vs. turbocharger

bleh

Empfohlene Beiträge

as mentioned in another thread there were some differences in opinion as far as superchargers vs. turbochargers. this post is specifically about the d16z6, which coincidentally is the motor in the car i currently own.

ok time for some bare facts:

this dyno plot shows 262whp and 217wtq from a stock d16z6 with:

T3/T4 .63AR 60 trim

@ 12.5psi

Hondata for tuning

http://www.turbod16.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=1803

this dyno plot shows 251whp and 227wtq from a D16z6 with:

forged internals

Jackson Racing supercharger

@ 10psi

nitrous(nozle size not given)

Hondata for tuning

http://www.turbod16.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=623

yes there is a 2.5 psi difference, but im more than positive that the nitrous would make up for that and more, also given that the supercharged motor is forged and the turboed motor has a stock block.

for the doubters, all of this information is taken from turbod16.com under the 'turbo setups' section: http://turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?t=4140

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

the forgings wont make more power but rather stand more psi than the cast pistons. As stated before by myself and others your car stock makes insufficent torque to power that sucker, that 2.5psi does make a difference. But you would need a very small nitrous kit to get her moving. Maybe a 25-50lb shot to create enough torque to really use up that power. That charger could be creating more power than its listed at but you would need new heads.

nobody does less than a 50 shot with forged internals. hell nobody does less than a 50 shot with a stock block! my bet is that its around a 100shot.

im also pretty sure that when the motor was built, a rebuilt head was used and not stock.

stock the motor puts out mid 90s wtq. yea its nothing compared to the bigger motors but with the forged internals that spray accounts for a lot. i actually could not find a dyno worth mentioning for a supercharger aside from that one.

im curious to see some dynos of supercharger vs. turbo on other motors. hopefully non-honda cus its obvious that the conversation has ended in that arena.

maybe some v6, i6, f6(yea right), v12(another yea right), and your favorite, the classic v8

bwaaaahahahahahahahahahaha that is great :-))!:-))!:lol::lol::-))!:lol: i got to show my buddies that one. hahahahah i cant believe people do things like that, man that is soooo ghetto. thats got to be a joke, i dont know who would do that to make it functional.

thanks for giving the old link lnc, i didnt feel like digging throught the archives.

Well assuming your not being sarcastic the picture I posted above your post with the link to the explanation of turbos if you can see it.
easy with the run on sentence, im not too sure of what your saying, but if you posted a link i didnt see it.
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo bleh,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

A picture of a Civic? It doesn't show up on my screen.

I traced "crx of death" though and came up with a CRX with a big block sticking out of it, is that the one?

Well assuming your not being sarcastic, I posted a picture of a civic for bleh, it is above the post you made with the link (to Late Night Cable).
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh :wink:

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...