EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Information on the Viper please.

vertov

Empfohlene Beiträge

They could have a car to give GS430, 540i, and 300C a run for their money.

Feels good to see "300C" in that line-up.

The Eclipse was made into a softer car to boost it's mass appeal, this was probably the first sign that Mitsubishi was starting to keep a close eye on it's bank balance, but a withdrawal from the U.S. market, thats' pretty drastic. It could be a costly step just to come back.

They seem content to dump money into the Lancer projects, it's vital to their public image, and they have a contender in the latest Galant. This could bring back some business, but what I think Mitsu lacks, in the U.S. market, is something that is built over a very long time. A solid domestic presence, like Honda and Toyota. Nissan has been on the upswing for years. The reputation of one car, like the Evo can only take you so far, especially when rally is still very much a cult thing over over here.

Mitsubishi is an industrial giant in other parts of the world, I don't see pulling out of the U.S. as part of their revitilization plan. Although this would depend on just how important there business is here, so who knows. If a very large portion of their sales is U.S., I doubt it would happen. Pricing a hot model twice the cost of the standard model, as in the case of the Evo is mostly supply and demand. It's doesn't cost them twice as much to produce an Evo, no way.

This is a Viper thread, how did we get talking about this?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 109
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

we got here cause we're really talented.

If latenite ever gets his fashion review of the 300C up, you can see my analisys of its engineering. You can find out why I would put it in that lineup. I put the 300 there because it is new, I'd also put the lincoln LS there too, now that it is fairly svelte in terms of weight per it's size, luxurious, refined, and turns over a 6.5 seccond zero to sixty.

But, yeah, later I'll tell you why the 300c belongs there.

The EVO was no investment, they just numbed down a sports car they already have developed for the rest of the world and sent it here. it has like no interior room, is loud, unrefined, uncomfortable, but get's it's mission done. It is a car with a purpose, like an S2000 (which is too heavy) or a lotus elise (approaching perfect for whta it is meant to do).

The new v6 is more reliable, the lack of a turbocharger reduces their issues. It has an engine out of the rest of the lineup that doesn't fail. It's economical.

Don't worry, the " 300C fashion review " is coming, for all you fashionistas'.

I would think the 300 belongs in that line-up if only for the fact that it's underpinnings are basically E-Class. But other than that, it's sufficiently refined and has the power to compete with the other cars mentioned.

Evo is a slightly softened race car, but developing a road version is still more expensive than just pumping out base Lancers I would imagine.

The underpinings are the same 3-link front, 5-link rear suspension that MB uses on pretty much all of their cars. In terms of size, it is a lot closer to the S really. Having a mercedes designed suspension doesn't make it a contender, the fact it is an all around impressive performer and a great car with a very unique style means that it should. Did you know Daewoo had Lotus design the suspension of their Leganza sedan for north america, that thing was in no way a sports car, or even sporty.

Somehow, I figured as much. But who needs to publicise Lotus engineering, when you have D-Tec? O:-)

All-American Harley-Davidson makes use of Porsche's expertise, but I doubt they want to make too big a deal about that either.

No, no D-Tech, really nothing very high tech. They are building a line of cars being marketted in north america as suzuki's, their midsize sedan has a DOHC inline six designed by porsche, but they don't market that either.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo vertov,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...