EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

How to screw yourself over three times!

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

In response to polarfox's comment, I would like to say that I don't think the whole marijuana thing is a big deal. Look at America, people drive drunk, high, whatever. Everyone says that something should be illegal (remember prohibition?) and we end up screwing ourselves over with value. There's some serious "self-censorship" in our country, no one will tell the truth about themselves, because they think they are the only one's with an ignominy. Abnegating one's rights is called "patriotic" (patriot act). John Locke would have a heart attack if he saw what has happened to this country. I could go further into this, but the main point is that driving in America is ridiculous. Do they have road rage like this in other places? My aunt was pointed at with a gun because she was "looking at my man" when she was just looking over as someone passed her. Another person threatened her when he drove the opposite way on a one way street. We seem to like handing our licenses to crazies, just look at the people trying to race. Everyday as I leave from school I see people trying to race their cars out, its supposed to be a damn school zone. The other day I saw some kid do a burnout in an srt-4 in the parking lot, while other people were trying to get to their cars. Do you know how dangerous that is? On the same day I saw another srt-4 that was in neutral, parked, but the person didn't have the parking brake on, he just held down the brake pedal. Who would give such an idiot a license, let alone a car like that.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 60
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

john locke was dead 70 years before america was founded. His philosophy was part of our country's founding principle, but really, it was the philosophy crystallized by jefferson, adams, sherman, and a number of other "founding fathers", which was a hybrid, that went into American philosophy. USA PATRIOT act is an acronym. I think it is a breach of civil liberties, and would like to see it removed, but it has nothing to do with marijuana. I think Michael Moore tried to make a commentary on our culture being violent and deviant in his "bowling for columbine". Seeing as the current state our culture is violent, is abusive of substances like alcohol, because we don't take drinking and driving seriously enough, why would we legalize marijuana? Prohibition failed because it was illegalizing something that had been legal for a long time. Marijuana has never been legal. It shouldn't be legal. It would just be abused. Why should it be legal? Our legal system considders marijuana a level 3 drug, the most serious. It won't get legalized here. Why do all but just a few countries have marijuana illegal? Not even jamaica has it legalized.

Not even Jamaica mon? Ay, me do find dat surprising since we do luv a good pawty dawn hea! Afta I finish dis bit of reefa, I'll have to tell all me friends, we neva knew dat.

Level 3 drug rating for pot seems a little strong though, I would think of something like cocaine as more dangerous ( and vastly more illegal ) than the old weed.

Waiiiiit. Marijuana has never been legal? You act like all this drug stuff has been going on for centuries. Marijuana is old, it has been used for a ridiculously long time, and up till pretty recently, no one treated it as if it were a big deal. Do you think someone should go to prison for a year or two because they were smoking cigars? Drinking wine? I see no difference.

Edit: On the whole violent and deviant thing. I think that the reason some people are violent and stuff is that they were raised differently. I am like a trained pony, my parents made me into a gentleman from the day I was born, I don't even hit my brother. The poor people in this country generally don't have anyone to tell them what to do their whole lives, so they become wild.

It's true, marijuana has only been illegal across the board in the U.S. since 1937. And was illegal in only some states ten years before.

Overall, pot is less harmful than tobacco, and really no more mind altering than alcohol. And yet tobacco and liquer are huge business, while weed is grown on the sly - unless the government prescribes it to you, and sends you joints by the box. I'm not a smoker at all, so I don't vote one way or the other, but I know the illegality of pot in America has become almost a joke, even among police. It's really not the biggest problem around, but the stigma ( and the smell ) of weed has never gone away.

it has 10X the tar of tobacco. I'd say that was harmful. Furthermore, most cigarettes tend to be of the filtered variety. Marijuana isn't filtered. Don't kid yourself about how bad it is. Do you have any idea how THC gives you a buzz? It involves killing brain cells.

Woah there. I didn't advocate the use, I just said the users shouldn't be treated like criminals of the highest level. Slackers, yes. Idiots, yes. But criminals? Sheesh.

By the way, people don't smoke tons and tons of pot. When people smoke cigarettes, its as if their mouths only serve one purpose. Chain smokers probably get tons more tar than potheads.

I know a good number of vastly succesful smokers, I know less than a handful of affluent who DON'T drink, I have never in my life met a succesful stoner. Barring rock stars, who all seem to die of some sort of overdose by 45. Why are they criminals? First off, that is the values of the united states, and most other first world nations (barring the uniquely thinking dutch). Smoking in no way alters the way you think. Drinking is regulated here, you can't be drunk in public, and most people have a drink as part of our custom with dinner, in front of the game, just talking, as part of relaxing. They don't intend to cause neurological side effects, they just enjoy a drink here and there. There is really only one reason you smoke pot, that is getting stoned. Also, because children are succeptable to smoking, drinking, and pot, smoking may addict you, drinking may get you drunk, but pot has been proven to be a "gateway" drug to worse things. Things that can kill you, destroy your life. Cigarettes and liquor are not gateways to hard drugs. Pot is. That is why it is illegal. It's degrading to our society.

Most smokers smoke more tobacco than most potheads smoke pot, that is an interesting thing to note. Let's look at it this way, neither tobacco, booze or pot is at all good for you when not used in moderation. Drink too much, and your liver will rot, smoke too many cigarettes, and your lungs will rot, smoke enough pot over time and your brain will rot. But the fact is, most people who smoke pot, do it for the same reasons that others drink alcohol - to relax.

Whether pot, or any other substance is a corrupting influence is an individual matter. There are people who smoke pot, and never go on to anything stronger, although weed is very often times something people grow out of. Wouldn't it be nice if cigarettes were that way?

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GIR,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Verschiedenes über Autos (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Well, I am friends with a very bright young lady who has smoked pot on a reletively regular basis, but she says she has indeed begun to grow out of it. She has done a good job of outgrowing cigarettes too. Like I said, pot use has a strong stigma, and kills brain cells which is not condusive to long term use. I think many people just take this more seriously as they get older, serious enough to stop. Something about long term effects to the brain just make people want to wake up and stop at some point. Although warnings of lung cancer in tobacco fails to generate the same fear.

Cigarettes on the other hand just mess up your lungs for the most part. I guess people just care about their brains more than their lungs. Also, unlike pot, tobacco is as available as Koolaid, which does nothing to discourage it's use.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...