EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

How to screw yourself over three times!

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

I was on my way to a friend of mine, sitting in my car when the car infront of me crashed into another car, the car infront of me didn't have the right of way.

So nothing biggy right? Wasn't it for the women who he crashed into suddenly panics, tries to push the car infront of me out of the way (pushing the car towards me, didn't hit me however) and finally put her car in reverse and hits the car behind her.

Finally she puts it into 1st gear goes onto the sidewalk, nearly crushing a few pedastrians driving over 1 guys foot and flooring it.

The car infront of me caused the crash and if she just got out her car and sorted the paper work she would've gotten the money from her insurance. But now she didn't only cause way more severe damage to the car infront of me but she also hit the car behind her and crushed the pedestrians foot.

I called the police (for all you dutch people, it's 0900-8844 DO NOT FORGET IT!), they came and immediatly called in for her arrest. Now she's arrested and has to apear in court.

How something simple like an accident (which could have been sorted easily) can turn into a catastrophy just because the women paniced...

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 60
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

lol, wow. European drivers. I've seen people do stuff I can't believe driving in france.

The other day I almost had a very interesting accident. I was pulling on to the onramp to the highway in my BMW, the onramp has a sharp curve on it and is heavily wooded, so you can't see around the corner. As I'm coming into the curve, a man in a ford explorer comes zooming backwards up the ramp towards me. I hit the brakes, setting the ABS off in more than one wheel, and almost sliding as i pulled towards the side. He just zoomed by in reverse as though he had never seen me.

This winter, again in the BMW (bad stuff only happens when I drive that), I was driving down my street, probably 7:30 in the morning. A man in a jaguar S type backs out in front of me and starts down the street. I just brush off the fact he pulled out right in front of me, but then he abruptly stops, barely giving me enough time to stop before hitting him, and quickly shifts into reverse and starts backwards towards me, I slammed over into reverse as quick as I could, burning rubber and leaving stripes in reverse up the street getting out of his way. At the sound of my tires squeeling and me honking my horn he finally looks back, sees me, and waves like "sorry". I thought about that point I should have just sat there, let him backwards ram me, and just have said I couldn't get out of the way in time, but yeah.

They arrested the poor woman? What crap.

As for me, I face the most danger when I'm bicycling. A while back, this older man came zooming down an alley in front of me, I slowed to let the freak pass, and then he stops short to keep from hitting another vehicle in the street, and I run into his rear fender and practically flip over! He actually asked if I was alright, and I was, but I later found that my rear derailuer was bent, still have to get that repaired.

You really have to be defensive,whether in a car or on a bike, because most people don't have a clue. This reminds me, I was on the highway once, and a young woman in a Cadillac beside me was steering, talking on her phone, and applying mascara in the vanity mirror all at the same time I kid you not. It was bumper to bumper too.

But the woman who panicked was the one who was run into, she was forced into a situation by the driver behind her that caused her to panic. It's like sneeking up behind someone and yelling "BOO!" and then asking them why they jumped.

Chances are, she did not decide to go on a psychotic rampage the exact moment she was run into. She wanted to get away from any danger, it was her first and primary instinct, and I don't blame her. It's unfortunate that she ran across someone's foot, but holding her like a criminal is extreme.

But from what GIR has said in the past, the Dutch police are, how shall we say, a little over board?

i disagree. The dutch constitution states to be illegal, something must be intentionally sociopathic or a threat to the health or well being of society and it's members. Totally freaking out and not being able to control yourself and injuring people and destroying lots of property makes you dangerous. I wouldn't let her drive again after that incident. If you can't stay calm under fire, you shouldn't drive. That easy.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GIR,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Verschiedenes über Autos (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

crime rates are far lower in holland than here. In fact, most all civilized countries (barring south africa) have better crime rates than here. I would say based on that, our law needs a bit more work than theirs.

You don't need criminal intent. In America, say a kid runs out in front of you, you have enough distance to stop, but pannick, don't react well, still hit the kid, the kid dies, that is potentially vehicular manslaughter. If you don't shovel your sidewalk, I come to visit you and fall, break my arm, you are liable for me. If, in the united states, you panick, drive up onto the sidewalk, injur a pedestrian, almost injure a number more, and do signifigant property damage, in most states, that's wreckless driving, and in most states, you'd be arrested, if not, you'd still be summoned to appear in court, and would likely still see signifigant fines, and community service.

Also, dutch prison is, i'm sure, much much much more civilized than what we've got going here.

Lower crime rates are not necessarily a testament to the effectiveness of law enforcement, statistics are effected by a multitude of things that are not under anyone's control. Our country happens to invite everyone else's wackos to be a part of the American dream, lots of crazy stuff here. The police in some other countries ( Holland probably included ) are very heavy handed. More than 3/4 of British police on the other hand don't even carry guns, they know it would change their relationship with the public, and not in a favorable way. Yet they still keep the peace.

What I'm saying about the woman is, that her situation should have been treated on it's own, instead of locking her up like some dangerous criminal as routine. If you ever run over someone's foot by accident Fox, just freeze, and put your hands up where we can see them.

if i freak out, start ramming cars in a frenzy, and in an utter lack of control of myself, nearly kill innocent pedestrians and injure one of them, i won't want to drive and would completely understand being placed in restricted custody until it was clear to myself and law enforcement that I could control myself like a reasonable individual.

The dutch police are heavy handed? I've got two words for you buddy:

Rodney King.

Also, yes - british police don't carry guns, but handguns aren't legal in britain either, so the police really don't need to be that armed. Here in the land of the legal AK-47, where the NRA is the 2nd largest political donor, and our largest state's governor is an avid collector of assault weapons, the police need to armed. In holland, i believe guns are legal as well.

And you call people who come to america whackos? You know, to get citizenship, or even permanent residency here - you have to be fairly on the ball. Most of the immigrents I know are more sane than your naturally born american. I really don't think the problem with crime in america comes from immigrents. Proportionally, germany and holland have more immigrents than we do. Their police are armed, and they have very minimal crime. It is our open armed policy that made america such a great country.

If you freak out, and continue to go crazy, even after you've stepped out of the car, then yes, perhaps you're real danger. Otherwise, what's the fuss?

The Rodney King thing was an isolated incident between an intoxicated black man, and a group of out of control L.A. cops - not common, or accepted practice, thats' why it made headlines, went to court, and caused such an uprising. ( that and so many people wanted free TVs' )

Handguns are not legal in England, but gun violence has become more of a problem in recent history, yet the police are still able to deal with it sufficiently. U.S. police in contrast, brandish their firepower like rednecks, and most I'm sure would never consider walking around without it. Not because there is constant danger, but because they would feel imasculated, thats' not the people's problem though. But no matter what American gun policy is, that still does not validate why a woman in Holland should be treated like a dangerous lunatic simply because she panicked when someone ran into her. Holland has a lower crime rate, so why the suspicion? No guns here.

I didn't call everyone who comes to the U.S. a whacko, and to get citizenship, you have to be on the ball, maybe, but it isn't ungodly hard to start a life here either if you really want it. The U.S. is gun mad, ( thanks for pointing it out even more ) but the reason crimes occur in the U.S. are not to be compared with Holland just for the simple fact that the U.S. is an enormous melting pot. You could put everyone on 24 hour lockdown, and more crap would still go on here than in Holland. What America offers is indeed a blessing, but it's open arms have become one of it's biggest burdens.

To get back to the original discussion, from the information GIR supplied us with, the woman in the car was not treated fairly. Plain and simple.

it isn't that insolated, but yeah. Firepower is neccesary in most cases for law enforcement. Remember the LA shootout a few years back where the cops are outgunned? When you can own an uzi, police at least need something more potent than a baton.

And i think you are more dangerous being crazy in a car than not.

If a person goes nuts sure, they are a danger. But it should not be a "crime" at all if the act was obviously un-intentional. Perhaps you would be liable in some way, but not criminally so. Shit happens in this world, if every event like this were treated as a criminal act of violence, we'd all be locked up for something.

Well this all happend on the day I went on holiday, didn;t think you guyz would make such a big deal out of it. Anywayz the Police called me for a follow up and an offical statement (I am a witness). Turns out that the women was driving without a licence and also was under the influence of some synthetic drug, which turns this into a criminal offence.

No license, no biggy, I've driven without a license before. But synthetic drug, as in illegal narcotic? That changes the situation a little. She wasn't in her right mind. But she's seriously addicted, and needs it to calm her emotions about her recent divorce. She needs treatment your honor, not jail. Find the criminal who pushed those drugs onto the poor woman, and hold them accountable for this unfortunate incident!

Damn I could be a good defense attorney. O:-)

The officer told me what it was but I've totally forgotten, it was some chemical crap. The reason why they asked me to come in is because at the scene of the accident I said something like "Either she was really spooked or she was really really really high because I have never seen anybody make such an expressions". Her eyes were just about to pop out of her skull.

When the police went over to her home she wasn't there but voluntarely reported in the next day. A police officer interviewed her and thought there was something fishy about her story. They asked whether she would take a blood test volentarely but she wouldn't so they officialy charged her with hit and run and ordered a blood test.

They found traces of some synthetic crap in her blood but they can't prove that she was under the influence while driving yet. They were hoping to get some information of her.

She will probably get 3 months of community service and forced rehab or something, no jail time involved if she choses to cooperate.

Guess it's totaly up to her. Like I said they can't prove that she was under the influence behind the wheel. If she choses to cooperate with the police then she'll get some community service and forced rehab, if not then she'll get jailtime and forced rehab.

Driving under the influence is a big issue, if you ever get caught on the first offence you'll get 24 hours jailtime (to sober up) and get 3 months community service. Anything after that will get you banned from the roads for life and depending on how severe the circumstances are proably also jailtime.

Because she ran away and didn't come in untill the day after they have no concreet proof that she was under the influence behind the wheel. The officer who interviewed me was hoping that I could testify that she was indeed under the influence, but the only thing I saw were her eyes which were just about to pop out of her skull.

From this point on it's upto a judge to decide whether there's enough circumstancial evidence to also convict her of DUI.

Btw, our legal system works a little bit different then the US does. In the US you're charged with all the indivudual crimes and your punishment is the sum of all those crimes. Here in NL you're charged with all the individual crimes but you're punished for to the complete incident and under which circumstances they were under.

Driving under the influence is a big issue, if you ever get caught on the first offence you'll get 24 hours jailtime (to sober up) and get 3 months community service. Anything after that will get you banned from the roads for life and depending on how severe the circumstances are proably also jailtime.

GODDAMN!! I've been dying to goto Holland with my father simply because it's our homeland. We were planning on getting some of that good ole' dutch liquor and have a great ole time. Shit I'll make sure I hide the keys when i'm sober and get the keys later on when i'm undrunk and sober again. :-))!

Jesus here you get 3 offenses until your license is completely taken away for a year, do 6 months in jail and 4-months of community service. Then you get it back and are watched closely.

If on your 4th offense you get 6 months of community service, year time of jail and license taken away for 4 years.

I think we should have alot more strict laws on the streets about DUI's and DWI's. Main road-going accidents/deaths are caused by drunk drivers and the drunk drivers die 1 out of probably 15,000 wrecks.

Really I was expecting the punishment in the states would be higher... but when it comes to road safety the dutch gov can be a little anal and with good reason.

I mean taking away your licence for life isn't hard enough in my opinion. If you've proven that you can't respect the safety of other people then you have no right being on the public roads in the first place.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...