EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Porsche GT3

Arty25

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

possibly, a two seat naturally aspirated 911, as fast as the turbo, without the turbos, and for 25k less, light weight, hard edged, and all performance, and a motor that even BMW would have to be jealous of.

the fact of the matter is that BMW owns the ultra-flexible, ultra-high output naturally aspirated engine segment. The engine in GT3 is every bit as good as M-Power's best, maybe even better. The turbocharged engines are turbocharged, they should achieve that output. The stock 3.6 outputs 320hp, while that's nice, it's nothing noteworthy. M3 engines don't blow up. They've had a few fail, and have fixed the problem. Any car of that level of performance is proned to such issues, the difference is that enough M3s are sold that it sounds like an epidemic. M3's I6 got engine of the year 2002 for a reason, it's incredible.

M3 engines don't blow up

I talked to two other guys from other boards with blown engines, one at 8,000 miles and one at 7,200, both SMG cars. Do a little research and you can find out the exact problem.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Arty25,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Porsche 996 / 997 (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
2001, was this a first year flaw?

Could very well be. Thats' why cars are usually better after they have been through some real world experiance, and the manufacturer has had the opportunity to fix any weakness that has shown up.

i've heard of the problem, overall not that many cars were effected, the connecting rods would fail during botched shifts made by the SMG. Both the SMG software and connecting rods were redesigned to cure the problem, and the warrantee on that engine was extended to 100000 miles by BMW for free to calm worries of problems.

Don't tell me you've never heard of a porsche engine exploding? You make it sound like those M3s were blowing up like civics on NOS, in total, less than 1 in 1000 failed like that.

I've read that most of those S54 engine failures ( 70% ) occured in cars built between October and December 2001. Also that the problem, which was often due to a rod bearing, was in the hundreds. Which if it was a design flaw I imagine it would have been.

So even with an earlier car, the extended 100,000 mile warranty puts the mind at ease.

Don't tell me you've never heard of a porsche engine exploding?

Not really. On a personal basis, the only Porsche motor I heard about was a friends 964 C4 who blew his motor at a DE in a fifth to second shift mishap.

You make it sound like those M3s were blowing up like civics on NOS, in total, less than 1 in 1000 failed like that

lol. Don't read into that deep. All I said was, "I heard they are having problems with the M3's engine blowing."

I am sure we could all name high end cars that we have heard of or seen the engines blow. Maybe its just I heard about those two back to back which caused me to type my orig. response about the Ms

AMG engines do not detonate. They calculate worst case scenario how strong a part needs to be, and then build it to take twice that without stress. They may lack high tech on audi, bmw, or porsche, but their motors are rock hard. I am dissapointed that this issue happened with M3, but i can understand that with as much tech as goes into that engine, all possible problems can't be forseen, it's just that usually german cars have thought of all possible things and then some. Either way, the GT3 motor could even make MPower jealous.

AMG engines do not detonate. They calculate worst case scenario how strong a part needs to be, and then build it to take twice that without stress. They may lack high tech on audi, bmw, or porsche, but their motors are rock hard.

Thats true, the MBZ motors go forever, we have a low mileage (126,xxx) 300SD that everyone laughs at becuase they have two and three times that on their motors!

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...