EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

m5 vs. corvette

Arty25

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

M5 vs. Corvette - It depends on what you're looking for, but I think most everyone here would agree that the M5 can do most if not everything that a Vette can do, and in better fashion. While providing a full sized trunk and elegant seating for five.

a while back they did a comparo, M5 V. CLK55, C5 Vette, and a Jaguar XKR, in the end, the M5 was the fastest (a hair quicker than the vette, and reasonably faster than the CLK and XKR), the sharpest handling, and what it lacked in steering refineement, it made up for in seating and trunk space. Overall, it showed the rest of the crowd how it was done.

The best part is that the M5 isn't the ostentatious show that vette is, plus the engineering is impressive on M5 and depressive on vette.

M5 has 8 throttle bodies, dohc, and every power enhancing trick in the book without forced induction, and it's 4.9L V8 pushes a full size 5 seat sedan that is 800lbs heavier to 60 and down the quarter quicker than the 5.7L V8 powered 2 seat vette. The 2 seat vette has a leaf spring suspension (just like jed's 1/2 ton), a good 'ol pushrod 2 valve a cylender V8 (like jed's pickup again), and while it is amongst the best pushrod powerplants around, a world class sports car needs a powerplant that is atleast a little up to date. Corvette works well, it just should work a hell of a lot better.

My vote, M5 takes the vette to school.

M5 vs. Corvette - It depends on what you're looking for, but I think most everyone here would agree that the M5 can do most if not everything that a Vette can do, and in better fashion. While providing a full sized trunk and elegant seating for five.

word. jump3.gif

my guess is that it will. I'd be suprised if GM got that much horsepower out of their pushrod V8 with less than 7.0L of displacement. Corvette should be faster than it is if you look at horsepower to weight, but we'll just have to see.

If it's sheer horsepower that's gonna ake a difference in this comparison, then the M5 still has the upperhand. the new M5 has 500 to 550HP, and that shouldn't be a problem in helping it maintain it's competitive edge. And obviously the rest only improves. I also wouldn't be surprised if the new adaptive steering feature helps the M5 beat the crap out of the 'Vette.

Yeah. There's also another 60 or so features that even help keep the normal Beemer 5 in it, let alone the M5. It would be interesting to see what weight-loss programme BMW will put the M5 through. The 5 already has a carbon-fibre front-end, and the rest of the body uses Aluminum excessively (and steel other places).

• 3 Wochen später...

I'm thinking the Corvette does not have a leaf spring suspension. That's what my old Jeep has, and is not advanced in engeneering in any sense. The covette, defintely does not have a leaf srping suspension, I would know my Grandpa has a 98.

Calling it a mere " leaf spring " suspension is quite inaccurate. There is more to it than that, or the Vette might as well be an ElCamino. The Corvette has a fully independent suspension, with shocks and coil springs, including ABS, yaw-rate sensor, latteral accelerometer, Active Handling system, available Magnetic Selective ride control, - just about every techy thing you could want. It just happens to ride on a laterally mounted fiberglass rear " mono leaf " spring for stability.

And the new 5-Series has a carbon fiber front end? Get in a wreck, be prepared to shell out the $$$$$!

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...