EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

ENZO vs PORSCHE GT

jnunsen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • 2 Wochen später...

I'd choose the Porsche Carrera GT. And I'd modify it's performance to beat the Enzo.

By the way, this thread will be moved to the Porsche section. In the future please try to create topics in the "American Cars" section that actually have something to do with American cars. Otherwise, please create those topics in one of the corresponding sections available.

And here are the photos (from "fast-autos.net"):

2003 Porsche Carrera GT:

carrera.jpg

carrera2.jpg

carrera3.jpg

carrera4.jpg

carrera5.jpg

carrera6.jpg

carrera7.jpg

carrera8.jpg

carrera9.jpg

carrera10.jpg

carrera11.jpg

carreragt.jpg

carreragt2.jpg

carreragt3.jpg

carreragt4.jpg

carreragt5.jpg

carreragt6.jpg

carreragt7.jpg

carreragt8.jpg

carreragt9.jpg

carreragt10.jpg

carreragt11.jpg

carreragt12.jpg

carreragt13.jpg

carreragt14.jpg

carreragt15.jpg

carreragt16.jpg

carreragt17.jpg

carreragt18.jpg

carreragt19.jpg

carreragt20.jpg

2003 Ferrari Enzo:

enzo.jpg

enzo2.jpg

enzo3.jpg

enzo4.jpg

enzo5.jpg

enzo6.jpg

enzo7.jpg

enzo8.jpg

enzo9.jpg

enzo10.jpg

enzo11.jpg

enzo12.jpg

enzo13.jpg

enzo14.jpg

enzo15.jpg

enzo16.jpg

enzo17.jpg

enzo18.jpg

enzo19.jpg

enzo20.jpg

enzo21.jpg

enzo22.jpg

enzo23.jpg

enzo24.jpg

enzo25.jpg

enzo26.jpg

enzo27.jpg

enzo28.jpg

enzo29.jpg

enzo30.jpg

enzo31.jpg

enzo32.jpg

enzo33.jpg

enzo34.jpg

enzo35.jpg

enzo36.jpg

enzo37.jpg

enzo38.jpg

enzo39.jpg

enzo40.jpg

Who is that idiot who wrote that thing about "his" Carrera GT in the link Bowling4Soup35?!

To comment the real subject, I would prefer the Enzo.

After I saw two (a yellow and a red) Enzos parked in front of each other, when I was in Italy this summer, nothing can compare. Just a shame that they weren't driving by...

The Carrera GT is fantastic to, but when you see a Ferrari in "person", it beats everything else.

Does anyone know what that flip-up camera looking thing is between the headrests of the Carrera GT?

Hey Izzy, I have a question for you since you're into racing. Why is it that Indy and F1 style cars seem to be the only ones with inboard mounted brakes? Since removing unsprung weight from the wheels is important, I wonder why it's not a more popular arrangement on exotics like the CGT and Enzo, where no one cares about ease of maintenance.

Reason why you dont see the same brakes on open wheel race cars and exotics is, i think, because brake temperature issues. With open wheel cars you see air intakes which cool the brakes. An intake like that inside a wheel wheel would render it useless for anything asides taking up space. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, I don't think thats it. Regular performance cars have brake ducts that handle cooling alright. Brake cooling doesn't really take up space inside a wheel well. If any cars don't need inboard mounted brakes, it would be open wheel cars, because their wheels are of course out in the open air. But they seem to be the only ones that have them.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the suspensions of open wheel racecars are not supported in a conventional way, but that doesn't explain why closed wheel cars don't use that brake setup. Why other cars don't use it is a mystery - it's odd.

Actually, heating IS an issue. So much so that it becomes a fire-hazard. But it's one of the smaller issues. The main thing is that in-board mounted brakes are better at stopping cars that have a lot of momentum but need to protect the braking mechanism from damage or debris. Outboard-mounted brakes are also more easily damaged. So in racing it makes sense to have in-board, eventhough they're harder to access for cleaning and maintenance. Military vehicles mostly have inboard-mounted disc-brakes. F1 and Indy cars have inboard because their wheels stick out of the car, as you already must know. Unsprung weight can also be reduced if you mount the brakes inboard instead of outboard. I hope that answers your question.

No it doesn't seem odd at all if you take into consideration everything I said, about the disadvantages of outboard brakes when they are used in cars that don't have wheel wells for their wheels. Wheels that are out of the car are more prone to debris and easier to damage, so it makes sense to ave inboard-mounted brakes. LeMans racers have their wheels inside the wheel-well. Inboard-mounted brakes aren't needed when the car's wheels aren't out in the open.

Thats what I think is weird, closed wheel LeMans racers don't need the inboard brakes, but I would think the builders would still want to use them to save on unsprung weight. It must have something to do with racing regulations, and it may be just too inconvenient to service on a roadcar, even for the Italians.

• 2 Wochen später...
  • 4 Wochen später...
  • 2 Wochen später...

i would take the CGT over the enzo in a second.i wouldnt think twice about it.the CGT looks better.and is just about the same in performance as the enzo so no ? i would take the PORSCHE.hell ill take a porsche over anything.

i love the styling on both cars, but i would take the enzo. i love that car. i saw once they took a few enzos and raced against F1 cars, but i didnt see the outcome. obviously the F1 cars won, but does anyone know how close?

• 2 Wochen später...

CAR magazine in Britain recently tested both of these and although the Enzo had better performance numbers in staright line speed and what not, they said the CGT was a better car on a road course and handled better. Go figure. CGT all the wya for me. I would rather have an aborted lemans project than a formula 1 car with a roof. they are both beautiful.

i dont get that last comparison. you would rather have an aborted le mans project than an f1 car with a roof? c'mon now, F1 all the way. i dont think there would be very much competition between F1 and le mans. although in this particular comparison there is.... i dunno, maybe i like ferrari better because im italian and it feels like im cheating myself? but i do looove porsche.... oh well , im sticking to my decision, enzo

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...