EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Power curve Zonda a little disapointing

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

curva.jpg

I'm a little disappointed. i was expecting the torque curve to be a little flatter and the power curve to reach it's max a little sooner. None the less it's still impressive what this car/engine can do.

Also I'm a little confused, did the Zonda use chargers? The curve doesn't have the trademarks of a charger.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

understand that what was needed for a high performance italian sports car is a robust, high winding engine. Mercedes' V12 is a 3V/cyl SOHC layout, which is ideal for a flat torque curve and low power-peak. It is in no way ideal for a high winding engine, so when they pushed it, and retuned for high end, they got a good engine, but not one capable of pressing a holland-flat torque curve from 2-7k(like BMW and Audi's engines, with DOHC and 4 and 5V per cylender respectively can do).

Overall it works. I wish they would have embraced the engine's natural low-end grunt properties instead of pressing it to rev higher.

The 7.3 AMG MB doesn't use chargers (not to my knowledge anyway). It does however use a bit of intercooling as I read (I believe I read it in CAR mag.). This however doesn't do all that much; most of the "grunt" comes from the displacement, efficiency, and tuning and tweaking of the engine itself. And it's a strange combo, by the way: A Mercedes-Benz engine that was tuned by AMG and used in the Pagani Zonda (an Italian car!). Not a rare sight, but it's almost as weird as Iraq's scuds. Aerodynamicity is also a factor in this particular engine/body combo, as the car's good aerodynamic design creates much less drag and wind-resistance than your average Mercedes-Benz would, which means the engine gets better milage, and creates more tweaking room for the engineers and tweakers to squeeze some more muscle out of the already monstrous V12. As for the Torque-delivery: it may be bumpy but you gotta give it to MB and AMG for creating some insanely high-torque engines. On average MB engines (especially noticeable examples tuned by AMG) deliver more Torque per Horse-Power than their Germans rivals. And since they are pushed and tweaked to deliver the same amount of horsepower as at least BMW gets, their engines are overall more powerful than most other German engines. It will be interesting to see what 5-valves/Cyl. and DOHC will do to the current MB engines. I wonder if the torque delivery will stay the same after the make-over. I do think, however, that the curve will for certain change and become more "Holland-flat" than "Colorado-bumpy".

audi's 5v/cyl engines have no low end torque, but the bimmer 4V/cyl engines seem to have a perfect balance (that may just be because they are bmw).

the engine's biggest weapons are high lift valve-timing, high flow intake and exhaust, and a huge displacement.

it is not intercooled. an intercooler does NOTHING on a naturally aspirated engine. all an intercooler can do is bring air back to ambient, and a naturally aspirated engine already runs ambient on the intake.

A formula 1 style air intake pretty much does the same as an intercooler (like on the Spyker C8). btw what is it with you guyz and holland flat? I mean holland isn't even flat, it runs to 12 meter below sea level! Is that the kind of performace you guyz are expecting from an engine. ;)

fine. Iowa flat - 1,200 feet above sea level, and an average elevation change of .2 inches per mile (literally). How's that.

An F1 intake gets kinda dicy. Dinan makes a compromise between an F1 style and a pseudo normal that they implement in the S2 M5 kit. it is something else.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...