EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
imported_Corey

2004 GT3

Empfohlene Beiträge

imported_Corey
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

For the money, I would buy this car in a heartbeat over the Carrera GT. Numbers that are only slightly lower than the V-10 beast... But a pricetag that would allow you to buy three versus one Carrera GT! Of course, when I am done with the Speedster, I will still be 30+K under the tag of a GT3 and hope to come close in the performance department... :wink:

ATLANTA, APRIL 16, 2003 --- Porsche Cars North America will bring the ultra high performance version of its 911® Carrera Coupe sports car to the 2003 New York International Auto Show for the car’s North American debut. The new model, named the 911 GT3, represents the most powerful non-turbocharged Porsche ever offered for street use in the United States and Canada.

Based on the previous 911 GT3 that was not available in North America, the 2004 Porsche® 911 GT3 features a 3.6-liter, flat- six cylinder engine producing 380 horsepower (SAE) and 285 pound-feet of torque. With a power output of an impressive 105 horsepower per liter, the engine propels the 911 GT3 from 0 to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds, from 0 to 100 mph in 9.4 seconds, and to a top track speed of 190 mph. To handle this increased performance, the 911 GT3’s transmission is fitted with transmission oil cooling and injection oil lubrication and has undergone some additional reinforcements.

The most striking visual feature of the new 911 GT3 is its unique rear wing that is largely responsible for excellent directional stability at high speeds and increased downforce for fast cornering. Combining a redesigned front apron, the GT3 achieves an outstanding drag coefficient (Cd=0.30) for a car in its class.

The GT3’s handling is further enhanced by a sports suspension, wider and lighter wheels, and wider tires. Front wheels are 8.5 inches wide fitted with 235/40 ZR 18 tires, and rear wheels are 11 inches wide with 295/30 ZR 18 tires.

Brakes on the GT3 have been improved as well. Front brakes now feature six-piston, rather than the previous four-piston monobloc brake calipers and larger discs fitted with Porsche-patented cooling ducts. The ABS brake system was also modified. The new system (ABS 5.7) has a faster and more sensitive control response. It is also lightweight and provides greater stability for ABS braking. Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB®) discs, standard on the 911 GT2, can be fitted on request.

Priced at $99,900 in the United States and $139,900 in Canada, the 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 will be in North American Porsche dealerships in May 2003.

04Porsche911GT3_lrg.jpg

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

What kind of mods are you doing to your 964?

imported_Corey
Geschrieben

Next month, I am sending her in for a turbo upgrade, suspension, brakes, transmission and body work. When finished she will look similar to the Gemballa Extremo, with a slightly different nose job and without the 600 HP monster motor. I decided to have all of the work done by a local shop, because it was difficult to find one of the big name companies that would take the challenge. They tend to specialize in doing major mods. to 996's but do very little with most other models. I am confident that they will be able to accomplish what I have pictured.

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

Sounds great man, would love to see pics when the project is done. I know very well what you mean about shops only wanting to work on the 996 or 993's if that.

imported_Corey
Geschrieben

I was thinking of adding my profile to the garage area soon. A couple of my rides now... And updating when finished with the mods. When I get some time I will take a couple of pictures and create the garage.

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

keep us updated!

izzyloveslizzy
Geschrieben

My Q: GT1 had 600HP, GT2 had 460, and GT3 has ~380. Will the GT7 have 100HP? Why is the power going down while everyone rates them higher and higher?

djfux69
Geschrieben

i was wondering the same thing.

GIR
Geschrieben
My Q: GT1 had 600HP, GT2 had 460, and GT3 has ~380. Will the GT7 have 100HP? Why is the power going down while everyone rates them higher and higher?

Because these cars were originaly designed to compete in the GT-Class Le Mans endurance races and rallies. The Porsche GT's are still coming in at first place so I guess they're doing what they were designed for. Btw in the GT it doesn't matter how much HP you got, it's all about endurance and speed.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

amen.

handling, high end, and endurance are what makes a porsche, you can feel it in there. GT3 is amazing. I'd love one.

imported_felix
Geschrieben

looks smart, but not as good as the carrera gt

imported_Corey
Geschrieben

Understandable that the GT3 looks like a slightly modified showrom car... But it wouldn't be worth an extra 200K in my opinion for a different look and only slightly better numbers. I am still a big fan of the Carrera, but this car gives more bang for the buck than 'perhaps' any other car made!

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

the GT3 is coming to america at a price of $99,950 base.

This is equal to a 911 turbo. The 911 turbo is AWD, as opposed to RWD in GT3, GT3 runs 0-60 in 4.3, Turbo in 3.9. Hanlding is better on GT3, Turbo is more luxurious.

I'd have the GT3.

imported_Corey
Geschrieben

Numbers on the Turbo are a bit misleading. Porsche.com lists it at 0-62 in 4.2 compared to the 0-60 in 4.3 in the GT3. Turbo has a 40 HP advantage. The top end numbers are identical at 190. I agree with you on the handling and comfort though. The one number that is really misleading is the price. There is a Turbo at our local dealer with a 119K pricetag.

So all things being equal? I agree with your last statement... I'll take the GT3 :)