EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Just a silly thought.....

T88TurboStang

Empfohlene Beiträge

True, there has to be a limit somewhere. I am very happy with the performance of my cars, but they produce their power within a range I consider normal.

Wasn't BMW having some durability issues with the E46 engine? 8,000 rpm will do that.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 133
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

yeah, well, they did have some issues with connecting rods, but that's past now. The european M3s as far back as E36 were revving that high with no issues. Porsches redline in the mid 7ks, they never have had trouble.

If they are built well, reving isn't that bad.

actually, it has a cast iron block, not an aluminum block with cast iron liners, and that in no way limits tuneability. Iron engine blocks withstand strain better than aluminum ones, it may be heavier, but one less thing to worry about.

GT3? I'd like to see that thing get to 100,000 miles without a major failure. Or redlining it from NY to LA. Something would blow.

I think engines like that are designed for short periods of through the roof acceleration, but Porsche knows that performance like that won't be used at all times. The M3 is a full on production road car, a daily car. They would have to choose something more durable.

the GT3 has no reported issues with reliability. The M3 has it's issues worked out now. durability on any very high performance car is decreased naturally. My money still says an M3 outlasts a corvette.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo T88TurboStang,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Good, because I always had a thing for the old 350's. There are so many cars to choose from to get that 5.7 liter feeling. IROC-Z Camaros, Firebird Trans Ams', Caprices,' Impala SS.

And there cheap as dirt, you can build one up for not too much money.

uh, i'm 99% sure Iroc-Z was a 305, but anyway. The 350 was a beast of an engine, an iron duke if ever there was one. They had a great musclely feel. relatives of mine have a '99 tahoe with the 350 5.7L and a '03 suburban with the 5.3L, and the 5.3 is a smoother, revvier, more modern feeling engine, and i really like it, but the 5.7 is just a monster. You lay on that thing and it just yanks, and it has that awsome deep growl.

The LS1 is not a 350, it is a 346, and it's odd design and aluminum construction makes it very different, and much more fragile and the bulletproof GM V8s.

Well, I'm not an expert on whatever they dumped into Camaros. If it's not the IROC than it's the Z28. I never did like the sound of " 346 ", it sounds anti-climactic, kind of like " 345 hp ".

At some point, I'm getting a '96 Impala, It's a big, full frame V8 Chevy, but it handles like a BMW.

i've driven an impala SS, they don't feel like a BMW, they feel like a muscle car. They feel big and badass, they can handle pretty well, they just don't feel small in anyway. I was dissapointed by Mercury's marauder, if they gave it the cobra's 390hp engine, i might just own one.

My dream has always been to get a ford galaxy with the 502.

It deffinately feels big, but it has tight moves for a big chevy based on a Caprice, and the brakes are great. It's wonderful in sweepers.

The Marauder is too little, too late. Ford waited too long, and wanted to see if it could cash in on the image. The Impala was a much more natural creation.

By the way, how do you like my picture, I had something else on earlier, but it was WAY HUGE. I think maybe I'll switch off once in a while. Like a calender.

hmm, i do like the picture. I should shake up my pic and quote more often (that poor dealer whose site i grabbed the image from must wonder where in the hell all the hits on that image are coming from)

Impala SS is a much better car than marauder. it was nice. I personally thought they shouldn't have detuned the 350 from the corvette when they put it in SS, but that's just me.

my mom used to have one of the '96 impalas... It was a great car! You could gun it at stop sign and spin the tires as long as you left your foot in it... They didnt make any manual tranny's though.. and they had bigtime electrical bugs...

Like i said, that was my mom's car so it stayed pretty much stock.... My Uncle (same guy with the roadrunner) had a Buick park avenue from '96 that also had the LT1 !! (Yes, little known fact that the motor was available in a lot of vehicles across the GM line.) He put a set of gale banks headers and dual exhaust on it, put a set of 3.91 posi gears in it, and bought the computer that plugs into the dash that controls motor settings like spark and timing and tranny settings etc... Now this car is the epitome of sleepers, gold buick park avenue with a vinyl top, leather seats... just like grandma used to drive! The only indication of power was from the slight rumble from the exhaust... He used to take it to the dragstrip near us... The people there would laugh as he pulled into the lanes and make jokes about grandma... but I'll be damned if that thing didn't run 13.85's (and it's a HEAVY car)... Shut the ricers up pretty quick....

'96 Buick Park Avenue with an LT-1? I would have to say that your uncle dropped it in there on the sly. But the Park Ave. is front drive. The only Buick available with the LT-1 in 1996, and for a long time before, was the Roadmaster. The most you could get on a Park Avenue was a supercharged 3800 V6. That uncle of yours, I wouldn't put it past him, sly old coot. :D

On the '96 Impala, what kind of electronic bugs were there, and how did you deal with them?

I've read a long while ago that a peice on the back of the rear differential of those cars should be replaced because something rubbed and it would eventually do damage to the gears inside. If it were a big problem I think I'd hear about it more, do you know anything about it?

It was a roadmaster, sorry for some reason i get the buick names all mixed up... too many 'grand' names.. It was rear drive -- big 4 door car

I never heard anything about the gears. The car performed flawlessly except that the electrical system was real bad -- it would short and the car would just die -- dealer had no idea how to fix it. Thats why she ended up selling it... became unreliable.. fun car though

Electrical shorts huh? Well, you know what they say, never buy a car built on a Monday or a Friday, because the workers are either tired or hung over :D:P . I don't know if there is any truth to that, maybe it's just funny. But they were pumping those Impalas' out pretty hard during the whole production run.

I am convinced though, that the reason everything in the 70's was of such shoddy quality, is because everyone just wanted to go home, have sex and get high.

That has to explain it. :wink:

the 70s? you better tell the dutch because i'm pretty sure they still think it's that way.

the Buick roadmaster? that car was 5,000lbs. my buddy has a C5 with a performance intake and the best that car has run is 13.65. A chip, exhaust, gears, and headers would still have a hell of a time getting that big of a car that fast.

if it's true. DAMN!

the SS was a great car. It had issues, but so did most chevrolets sold that year.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...