EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

AMG lost in M POWER's dust!!!

sAmAn

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

How does one beat the amazing performance technology brought to bear by BMW. Mercedes simply does not have the technology in its parts bin to make an engine the calibre of the 6.0 in the McLaren without turbos or superchargers. That's too bad.

Did u watch BBC WORLD TOP GEER last night?

it was terrible... :o

they campared the remarkable Murcielago with Zonda...

and then they just say Murcielago is JUST FASTER THAN ZONDA IN THE CORNERS...

can u believe it?

what is ur idea about it? :-?

• 2 Wochen später...
  • 4 Monate später...

How is the Lamborghini (even the Gallardo) a turtle in front of the Zonda? :-? They pretty much have the same performance. I think that's just one of those biased point-of-view arguments where someone hates Lambo.s and loves Zondas, and someone else hates Zondas and loves Lambo.s; but in reality they're very similar. Besides, why would it matter if one is 0.1 second faster in acceleration, or can do 5MPH more than the other? Maybe to pure fans, but in truth I believe where one slightly fails the other shines. I thought opinions about the looks of these two were split, but not about the Performance. Certainly one doesn't "leave the other in the dust". And that's not just my opinion. The appearances may appeal differently to different people with different tastes, but the performance is not even a valid argument. Of course maybe I'm wrong and I shouldn't bother entering an argument where the differences of opinion, ever-so-slight as they may be, are important enough for people to battle it out....

at the level of performance those cars are at, the driver is the limiting factor, and it matters more which one is easier to drive, for that will allow the driver to take the car closer to its limits.

Here's the Top Gear episode which handles the Zonda vs. the Murchelago.

http://66.111.50.50/~admin2/rf_videos/road_tests/TopGear_Zonda_vs_LamboMurc.avi

And for the original author... Comparing a Mclaren F1 to a Zonda is just plain bs. The McLaren was made to be the fastest car in the world, no matter what the price. The Zonda was made to be a supercar. 2 very different design objectives.

First look at the pricetag of the two then look at the amount of time that went into developing both. You'll see that the McLaren costs almost twice the Zonda and also 3 times the development time went into the McLaren.

I've also heard rumors about the reason why McLaren oppted for a telemetric system which allows them to remotely track the car is because they tuned the car so much, it needs very frequent service intervals.

Maybe RolandK would like to comment on the service thingy.

AMG didn't immitate M. Okay BMW was there first with M Power but overtime it was obvious that Mercedes would also need a division like that for tuning engines. McLaren asked BMW to deliver engines to them and Pagani asked Mercedes to deliver engines to them. I don't think McLaren has anything todo with BMW and Mercedes has anything todo with Pagani. For Mercedes and BMW it's extra income so when asked they'll ofcourse deliver the engine.

Also you have to keep in mind that McLaren has years and years of racing experience. Pagani came out the blue and put down a car like that. Very impressive to say the least.

Instead of comparing Pagani to McLaren you should start worying about he Veyron scheduled to be released very soon.

The Zonda does approach the McLaren's performance, keep in mind the mclaren was designed 10 years ago. The MPower V12 in McLaren is incredible, while the AMG V12, which is 1.2L larger, yet less powerful, is good, but hardly the mclaren's powerplant. Maybe in the next version of Zonda they will pull even keel. I am sure maintainance is much easier on a zonda as well.

As to fastest in the world, I think Koenigsegg has that now, and his car costs half as much as McLaren, and he is getting faster every year.

The Veryon will be a very impressive car, but the engineering is in no way elegant, it is a car of extremes, everything is very very large, testimate is the fact it takes it 987 SAe hp to accelerate to 60 in 3.2. The chasis is based on that of the lambo murcielago, which is already a heavy car, add to that a triple differential awd system, vs the single torsen on the murci, also the engine is MUCH heavier on the Veryon. The addition luxury features, as well as the many neccesary chasis bolsters to handle the power also increase weight. So Veryon will be a very powerful and incredible car, but I think its nature (being large and heavy) will in the end limit it. At least in handling.

but I think its nature (being large and heavy) will in the end limit it. At least in handling.

I agree on that. I think it's going to be like a F16 fighter jet. Without some serious electronics and drivingaieds, it will be impossible to handle.

Everybody has to keep in mind that with an engine like the veyron you can't just use any type of body. Your body has to be strong in order to carry the engine and handle the forces. Dropping a big engine into a lightweight frame is the worste thing you can ever do btw, you have to give the engine some counterweight to push around. If it doesn't have enough counterweight, you could destroy the engine or your car could become unhandelable.

The Veyron will be more VW's attempt to make a name for Buggati, show everybody what they can do.

after looking over the newer veryon specs, it appears that the "wet" weight of that car will exceed 2 tons. The reason it has 3 electronic torsen differentials tied into the main chasis computer (the one that also control shocks, TCS, DSC, etc.). They are creating a drive-by-wire car, and by the way, the electronic aids can in no way be disabled. The reason a sequential manual is used is that the computer can synconize its actions with the rest of the car. Simply put, the only way to make a car like this work is to have everything go just right - which only a computer can ensure. This will not challenge a Koenigsegg, Saleen S7, Lambo Gallardo, or Enzo in at the limits handling, because quite honestly, it is one hell of a heavy car to throw around, and it just doesn't have physics on its side. It will be a rocket in a straight-line, but for 1,000,000 dollars, don't you deserve more? For 100,000, you can have a 911 turbo that does 85% of what a Veryon will do. Something to think about.

I don't have that much time for a lengthy response, but I think the Koenigsegg CC has been officialy schooled by the Lotec Sirius. The maximum speed of the Koenigsegg CC is 249MPH, where as the maximum speed of the Lotec Sirius has been rumoured to be up to 263MPH. Even if the "rumours" are an exaggeration, it's still quite a noticable improvement over the Koenigsegg CC's 249MPH. But then again the Koenigsegg probably beats the Lotec in raw acceleration.

Now, as for the argument of Murcielago vs Zonda: imagine if you all had the money to buy either one of the cars, and that you only had a choice between these two (don't bring others into the equation); which would you buy? Zonda C12S, or Murcielago?

P.S.: I'd go for a Murcielago for it's looks, as it looks slightly better than the Zonda. But for performance I'd go with the Zonda, because it performs slightly better than the Murcielago.

- izzy.

(Damn, I tried not to make this lengthy, and look how much I wrote!)

Koenigsegg is only pressing around 600hp, which leaves him plenty of room on the 4.6L V8 platform yet, and tons more room on the flat 12. Lotec is at 1300hp, so if it is 10mph faster, it doesn't handle or accelerate as well. Also, who has ever seen a Lotec on the road?

Koenigsegg is at 655HP and Lotec is at 1334HP, to be exact.

I don't think anyone's ever seen one on the road.

The Koenigsegg has tons of room for improvements indeed but that V8 engine platform won't be enough to compete with the Sirius. Also, to tell you the truth I think the Lotec has a bit more room too, and also it can serisouly handle another 5-10MPH. The only problem is it'll fly. Literally. At speeds of 263MPH+, aerodynamicity becomes a bigger issue, and though the Sirius is pretty aerodynamic, it still has quite a bit to struggle against. Also it will need to be lowered more.

Oh, and Lotec really needs to do something about the poor acceleration rate on the Sirius. A Mercedes-Benz V12 pushing 1334HP should do much better that 0-60 in ~3.5 or so. That's almost an embarassment that can be handled. Of course it makes up for that loss in max. speed, but it still needs a better accleration (a rocket-booster or something...anything!). This car can join the high ranks with a bt more effort. It deserves so much more....

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...