EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Porsche 996 and 993

BWhiteGT

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all. I am new to this message board, and I have a question for you. Can someone please tell me the difference between a 996 and 993. Also, I have heard that a 996 is the same thing as a 911 Turbo. I don't believe this to be true, but can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks for your time. :???:

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

These names are factory names for 911. 964 was the early 90s and 993 the middle and the late was the 996. The first turbo they called 930 wich was active during 70s and 80s. The 2nd that was on the 964 model some people call 965. But after that on the 993 and 996 the turbo model haven got a own number. The cars you see today C2/C4, Turbo, GT3 and GT2 all belong to the newest 996 model.

Who here considers the 996 to be 'less of a porsche' than the 993.......

I never really liked the front end of the 996, and it doesn't sound Porsche-like either. Its a great car- no doubt...but they lost some magic from 993 to 996.

The 993 's' models were the best looking in my opinion. Also, although I have never driven a 996 Turbo, apparently they are not as wild and crazy as the old ones...thats a shame....911 Turbos used to be scary..and I like that.

My fav of all time....probably 964 Turbo (limited edition Lightweight). Looks wild and scares the driver!

anyone agree......

On 2002-02-22 12:29, manu_sachdeva wrote:

Who here considers the 996 to be 'less of a porsche' than the 993.......

I never really liked the front end of the 996, and it doesn't sound Porsche-like either. Its a great car- no doubt...but they lost some magic from 993 to 996.

The 993 's' models were the best looking in my opinion. Also, although I have never driven a 996 Turbo, apparently they are not as wild and crazy as the old ones...thats a shame....911 Turbos used to be scary..and I like that.

My fav of all time....probably 964 Turbo (limited edition Lightweight). Looks wild and scares the driver!

anyone agree......

Im with you there manu 996 is totaly changed in body for the looks but its also changed for function much better CW value. A Porsche should be cold by air not water. Well even Walther Röhrl said that the 993 Turbo was more fun then the 996 Turbo. The Turbos before the 993 is realy hard to drive. You can for example see track times the 964 Turbo lost to 964 C2. Fastest Turbo model ever is the 964 S with flat front. Now im talking about speed not on track. I like RWD. Today 70% of Porsches Carreras are AWD thats a shame. The new GT2 is perfect. But i think maby if its a rainy day you will get problem without a antispin. I heard when those big German porsche tuners goes for the real power like 600hp they install a GT2/GT3 gearbox because the front diff on the Turbos cant stand that power. Then they disable the antispin so maby its not problem.

Strange Strange. Seen two 993 Turbos with GT3 seats. Those are the closest to real racing seats you can come. If he hated the seats i think he should buy a turbo. Can you get the GT3 with tiptronic?. Maby change it. He wont get any problem selling his 6speed GT3 gearbox.

No Seb, you misunderstood me.

The point is, he's just another successful young, urban professional (YUPPIE), with lots of money, who wants to pose and knows nothing about cars.

I am 99% sure that there is no 911 GT3 Tiptronic. I should have told him to buy a 1.9 Z3 Auto.....

Too many people buy Porsches for looking good..... Thats such a shame, they're great cars.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...