EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Pre-Bangle/Post-Bangle - Your Favorite?? ...

LateNightCable

Which of the last 2 generations of the 3, 5, and 7-Series cars appeal to you most?  

1. 1. Which of the last 2 generations of the 3, 5, and 7-Series cars appeal to you most?

• E36 ...
    • E46 ...
    • E39 ...
    • E60 ...
    • E38 ...
    • E65 ...

Empfohlene Beiträge

That is all true about costs, but it's really just about leaving certain things out during production, as opposed to putting them in. And devising manual componants in place of power features and the like, and grouping them into option packages, which of course is common place. Packages are a part of keeping costs down. Plus, were talking M-cars here, not higher volume standard models. A factory stripped car in the end couldn't help but be cheaper.

With all the parts sharing, it's really no more expensive than making room on the 5-Series assembly line for a V10 and the M5's various differences.

• 4 Wochen später...
Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

E46 is the best for me, especially in 2-door version. Then I'd put e36 which was really great when just appeared and still is now. As for others... hard choice because none of the rest I really like. Strangely enough but I'd put e60 on 3 place, it had somehow grown on me, at least M5 e60... Then e38 - a little boring, but what a nice back! Then - e39. It's style is absolutely perfect and perfectly boring. To me, e39 marked the end of the genuine BMW style which was totally different from all others in 1970s. The e39 looked like Audi, Mercedes or anyone else, just with BMW kidneys. The last one - e65. Ugly thing! I could get used to it's bulky proportions, even to its funny duck tail, but it's face... seems like its been drawn by a 3-year old kid who took a pencil for the first time.

E39 is absolutely perfect, and perfectly boring. Interesting observation.

Personally, the E38 represents to me the last old style BMW, with it's more angular achitecture. The E39 was introduced a couple years after the E38 so it took on the softer lines of the cars we have now.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...