EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Pre-Bangle/Post-Bangle - Your Favorite?? ...

LateNightCable

Which of the last 2 generations of the 3, 5, and 7-Series cars appeal to you most?  

1. 1. Which of the last 2 generations of the 3, 5, and 7-Series cars appeal to you most?

• E36 ...
    • E46 ...
    • E39 ...
    • E60 ...
    • E38 ...
    • E65 ...

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hey all, :wink2:///////////////

This has all been discussed before, but Carpassion is pretty slow lately, and I feel like creating a poll. This will be a definitive poll among CP members regarding which of the last two generations of BMW 3, 5, and 7-Series they prefer the style of. New School or Old School. Since you can only vote for one, just pick your favorite Series of all, and then explain which of the others you would choose.

- LateNightCable

First off, will be the - 3-Series

E36 ...

ltw_832.jpg

E46 ...

3492_832.jpg

Next up, the -5-Series

E39 ...

c09.jpg

E60 ...

13786_1024.jpg

And last, but certainly not least - 7-Series

E38 ...

2039_832.jpg

E65 ...

9905_1024.jpg

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

i love both of the 3 series. flingable, balanced, yea sooo good. but to choose between the e36 and e46 was tough. i chose the e36 just cus it was my first love. the e36 m3 was one cars that got me into the love of automobiles

The E46 by far looks the best but of course you are showing the M-series on both of the gen. 3-series.

Athough I'd buy an E36 well before I ever bought an E46, the E46 appeals to me more.

E46 3-series

E60 5-series

E65 7-series.

Interesting, Skyline chose all of the later models as favorites.

I agree with Bleh, I had to choose the E36 myself, since it was the E36 that opened my eyes to the fabulous world of BMW. The E46 is a good design, but seems " heavy " and kind of bulky in a way. I prefer the sharp classic lines of the E36.

As for the other two, there is no question in my mind.

1. - E36 3-Series

2. - E38 7-Series

3. - E39 5-Series

Interesting, Skyline chose all of the later models as favorites.

I agree with Bleh, I had to choose the E36 myself, since it was the E36 that opened my eyes to the fabulous world of BMW. The E46 is a good design, but seems " heavy " and kind of bulky in a way. I prefer the sharp classic lines of the E36.

As for the other two, there is no question in my mind.

1. - E36 3-Series

2. - E38 7-Series

3. - E39 5-Series

You remember me saying i'm not much of a fan of past looking vehicles because they lack the edge that I like? Well some of them. I wouldn't buy an E46 though, if it was over all appeal then i'd choose the E36.

Thanks for your input Cstavaru. I like getting diverse answers.

The reason for the wagon, is because I wanted to represent a litte wider cross section of the BMW's available, since not every one is an M-car. The M5 for example gets plenty of press elsewhere. ( And look at those breaks. )

You didn't mention which 3 and 7 car you prefer.

The old 7-series looks too outdated, altough it still looks good especially with some particular tunings, but I prefer the new 7 over the old one.

Of course the E46 3-series looks best from all 3-series cars :) ( and from what I saw I have a feeling that the upcoming 3-series will not surpass the E46 in this respect ).

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo LateNightCable,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
The old 7-series looks too outdated, although it still looks good especially with some particular tunings.

I understand, but I have to bring this up.

It's strange how people often confuse a design that is "old" with one that is no good. As though anything new, is always better, with hardly any exception, simply because it's new. I mean, it's not as though the E38 is Model T vintage or anything. It's a way of thinking that I think is common among those with indefinite tastes.

Just an observation.

the new 7 is ugly sure it may have presence but the fact is that the old 7 is timeless and in my view as a car to drive is a triumph and the new 7 its new so called radical looks have ruines the new 3 series , for the first time in my 28 year life this is the first time bmw have disapointed me :cry:

• 5 Wochen später...

BMW used to be purely sporty. The presence they carried was one of excitement, they were not the prestige vaults that mercedes was, they said "i'm more exciting and dynamic than that", now they've lost some of that, they've tried to be "i'm artsy" instead.

Not even artsy really, just ... Spaced out and techy. Like Cadillac, but not quite as bad. I think all the carmakers are in a mad dash to prove that they are the future. Because these days, being "contemporary" is looked at as being almost as outdated as being old fashioned. I wish people could learn to settle down.

cadillacs were ugly before they got all "art and science" though. Mercedes is not getting more modern, just less attractive. The SLK350 is a step backwards in my opinion style wise. Oh well. Audi is trading in their very likable bauhaus styling for wanna be dynamic and conetmporary super-grille looks. Jaguar gave up their low-slung, cat-like look for practicality. All of it is too bad

Cadillac has a spotty history of looking good, the mid-90's, Seville in particular were not too bad, and pre-1970 hell, now thats CADILLAC.

I think Ford gave up Jaguar's feline pedigree for practicality. It figures they would attempt to cash in at some point with mass appeal. Thats' the way a parent company always goes.

That is true, as the competition becomes more cushy and feature oriented, BMW must keep pace, and therefore cars become heavier and less hardcore, or less about pure driver involvment. There may come a time when the only BMW's for real drivers are the M models. I hope those don't go south.

I hope everyone posting here is putting in their vote for favorite generation. :-?

Well, ironically, my x-type, which has a ton of parts sourced from ford definately feels jaguar, it's seats are narrow, the roof is no, the back seat has no purpose, it's quirky, lol. oh well. too bad they up and made the bigger jaguars practical.

BMW's popularity came from their image, that they were trendy, sporty, young, and vital. They have to keep that in order to keep flourishing. It wouldn't hurt to make a harder edged car I don't think. Then again, I still drive an E30.

But they don't build E30's any longer. It wouldn't hurt to make a harder edged car again - That's where the 2002 came from, BMW felt a need for a smaller, lighter car. And this marked the birth of their small coupes, and later the 3-Series. It had a revolutionizing effect.

Nowadays, even the 3-Series is kinda big. There needs to be a return to something smaller and lighter, more sparse - it doesn't have to mean bare bones or base. Even M seems slightly off course at the moment.

For real. As an example, the weight difference between an E30 M3 and an E46 M3, is greater than that between an E46 M3 and a Cadillac Deville. :???:

E30 M3 ............... 2,724 lbs.

E46 M3 ............... 3,415 lbs.

Cadillac Deville ... 3,978 lbs.

The M cars should not have the most features of the entire line. the idea is elegant bare essentials, and performance being priorities one, two, and three, and everything else fitting in in what was left over.

I think they feel an obligation to load the M-Cars up with all the goodies to justify the price. It's what the average buyer would expect, when the true enthusiast knows that he's really paying for the performance engineering.

Like I've said before, they should just offer two or three feature packages, from stripped to deluxed.

but that would drive the price overall far more. The stripped down could cost what the one model now costs, and it would only go up from there. The more similar you can makes things, the cheaper they get. That's why an M5 can perform as well as smaller, more expensive cars, it parts shares with the 5, less development, fewer unique parts to manufacture

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...