EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New Corvette

Hula-Hula

Empfohlene Beiträge

I cant wait to see the face of a zo6 drier when someone smokes passed him in the new M5 sedan with 3 of is freinds in the car.

I assume you are talking about the next generation M5, right? In that case it should be compared to the C6 z06 -- the M5 will not "smoke past the C6 Z06.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 147
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

The C6 ZO6 will not be a car to mess with. The standard car will have 6.0 liters and 400 hp. in it's own right. The car will maintain close to the current weight, but will be smaller overall with larger rubber. Numbers count, so does feel, the touch of the steering, and the response. And the Corvette has become a fine car in all of these respects, due in no small part I'm sure to the C5 racing program, which was Corvette's most aggressive racing campaign in decades.

As for the Corvette having an unfair advantage in gas mileage tothe M5 since the M5 is a sedan, well it's already been pointed out that the Vette returns better mileage than even the M3 which is not a big sedan. Even in 6.0 liter C6 form it maintains better fuel efficiency than most other high-performance cars including the M3, and the engine is nearly twice the size.

So, it is true that M cars do more with less than a Corvette does, ( except perhaps in fuel ) but that does not mean a Vette cannot run the distance with the best in the world, and very often win.

right on sergio that is what i was getting at with the *WHAT IF* then wit C6 z06 we can take the new V-8 M3 which will garanteed be more power less weight plus all the luxuries and the room to sit 3 more buddys, which will really then put the hammer down on the Z06. Whoever said put a twin turbo on the vette, then u can do that to the M as well , someone will come out with gaskets to lower compression ratio and then the twin turbo in both cars , with so much power the M will still have the weight distribution better then the z06 which would be a much better advantage to the handling with that much power and AGAIN bring a buddy to see the look on the vettes owner after you wave good-bye to him :)

BMWs 6.1l makes 627hp.Yea chevy is great at making engines arent they.

That race bred V12 engine would have cost more than your house Sergio so don't even bring that up.

And Marko, don't think that V8 M3 will be $50,000 because it won't be. The ZO6 is a superior performance deal to anything in it's price range. Notice I didn't say it was a practical car like the M3, it is a sportscar afterall, and no one critisizes a Ferrari because it only seats two people, and has limited cargo space, and it too costs as much as a house.

You need to understand that it's all about money and budgets. Corvette is designed to fit into a particular price catagory. With the M cars, this apparently is flying out the window. And yes, a good twin-turbo Vette would no doubt hand you your ass for less money. The ZO6 currently has a weight distribution of 53/47 which isn't bad, a V8 M3 could not be much better. I have nothing against BMW's or M cars obviously, in fact I champion them. But you two are just prejudiced. Think before you speak.

right on sergio that is what i was getting at with the *WHAT IF* then wit C6 z06 we can take the new V-8 M3 which will garanteed be more power less weight plus all the luxuries and the room to sit 3 more buddys, which will really then put the hammer down on the Z06. Whoever said put a twin turbo on the vette, then u can do that to the M as well , someone will come out with gaskets to lower compression ratio and then the twin turbo in both cars , with so much power the M will still have the weight distribution better then the z06 which would be a much better advantage to the handling with that much power and AGAIN bring a buddy to see the look on the vettes owner after you wave good-bye to him :)

I get wat Jterp/LNC is saying when they talk bout twin-turbo the C6 ZO6 for

$15k-$20k to equal the amount u pay 4 the new M5.

They r talkin bout with the amount u pay for a new M5, u can buy a

C6 ZO6 AND twin-turbo it and still have money left over.

I love the M-series alot and i'm startin to like the C6 but i hate the previous versions.

So you can't sit there and say, "well throw in a twin-turbo in the M-series and it'll smoke the vette," well if u put in $15k-$20k into the M-series for the twin-turbo then u'll hafta add $30k-$40k into the vette to EQUAL out the money difference.

That's wat they're gettin at. Thought i'd jus point that out to ya'll.

And yes ya'll are bein a bit one-sided on ur statements.

Not being very debative at all jus bein overly opinionated.

I already said i'd chose an M over a vette neday so u can't sit there and tell me, "well ur a vette lover."

Read previous posts and u'll see that i'm nowhere near a vette lover but i give credit where its due. :D

The C6 ZO6 will not be a car to mess with. The standard car will have 6.0 liters and 400 hp

LNC -

One correction to point out here -- the standard C6 corvette will have 400 hp (up from the C5's 350). The C6 Z06 is slated to have 500 hp.

Whoever said put a twin turbo on the vette, then u can do that to the M as well , someone will come out with gaskets to lower compression ratio and then the twin turbo in both cars
The only reason the m3 has so much power in the first place is that the compression ratio is so high.. So let me get this straight, you're going to drastically reduce your stock motor's power by lowering the compression, then add a turbo to get it back to where it was originally (plus a turbo lag)? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but hey, its your car.

And now all of a sudden you guys are gung-ho about v-8's in your m3? I thought you loved your straight sixes and "would take a straight 6 buzz over a v-8 rumble anyday?" Why is everyone so brain washed by BMW? I love the corvette, but if they dumped the 5.7L v8 for a comparably powered straight 6 I would denounce chevy in a heartbeat (no pun intended) :wink:

The only reason the m3 has so much power in the first place is that the compression ratio is so high.. So let me get this straight, you're going to drastically reduce your stock motor's power by lowering the compression, then add a turbo to get it back to where it was originally (plus a turbo lag)? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but hey, its your car.

im not sure you are familiar with adding FI to cars. in most cases you HAVE to lower compression in order to reduce the chances of detonation.

also when you lower compression you get low compression pistons ( forged) and some great rods which can handle much more power. a simple gasket is NOT the way to get a car ready for a turbo.

And now all of a sudden you guys are gung-ho about v-8's in your m3? I thought you loved your straight sixes and "would take a straight 6 buzz over a v-8 rumble anyday?" Why is everyone so brain washed by BMW? I love the corvette, but if they dumped the 5.7L v8 for a comparably powered straight 6 I would denounce chevy in a heartbeat (no pun intended) :wink:

i dont like the fact they are getting v8s, just like i dont klike how the new S4 has a V8. i love my biturbo V6. i wish they would have stayed with FI.

im not sure you are familiar with adding FI to cars. in most cases you HAVE to lower compression in order to reduce the chances of detonation.
I know, that is my point. I originally said that you cannot FI the M3 because the compression is to high. G-UNIT MARKO said that you could FI the M3 if you lowered the compression by changing the gaskets. (I know -- ridiculous but you have to pick your battles) My response was simply to point out that lowering the compression to add FI would be counterproductive -- it would lower the motors NA capabilities and then add turbo hp -- with an end result that would be expensive and not very productive.

but its not all true, yes you are lowering its NA capabilities but the FI capabilities far surpass the NA. by making the internals forged you add strength, and lower compression. in this case you can run higher boost without the risk of detonation. higher boost = more power. with high compression you cant run high boost because you will detonate very easily. so yes, in a sense you are correct in saying its counter-productive. but as i said the turbo power far surpasses the NA power.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Hula-Hula,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Corvette (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Thats' what I meant, the standard car ( non-ZO6 ) will have 6.0L and 400hp. 500hp. will launch the ZO6 into another performance stratosphere.

Since we're obviously on the subject of tuning now, I don't think any sane person would dispute that the Corvette holds far more tuning potential than the M3. M cars are so highly tuned straight from the factory thats' just the way it is. As for FI in the M3 or M5 or any BMW, some would consider that sacreligious, and the Corvette engine is a better platform for this anyway.

I agree that it's very childish that all the makers are resorting to V8 power for their performance cars that have traditionally been powered by sixes. If there were ever an age where huge power could be extracted from a six, this is it. Although I don't think we will ever see a Corvette powered by a modern day Blue Flame six. :D

On that note, I suggested the current poll being featured on the Rsportscars website asking people how they think the M3 should be powered. I think most people who visit that site are turbo freaks who are all about " more power! " thats' why most of them prefer a V8 M3. Anyway, check it out below and put in your vote.

http://www.rsportscars.com

isnt this about opinions and the two cars are for different people for the 50k price i would rather buy the HPA MOTORSPORT golf which does the 0-60 in 3.2s and has a top speed of 202mph plus does the 600ft slalom better then the EVO. I know that it has nothing to do with the vette and the M3 but for 50k then u can get a better 0-60 then the ferarri enzo and i think thats insane. im sure it is better quality then the vette as well. The M3 is a car to me that has everything better but just a lil notch less then the Z06 in performance.

alright then the Z06 is better performance wise but the M3 is still not far behind tho but practical and comfort and the rest are what the M3 is. But if you are just looking BEST OVERALL PERFORMANCE in the 50k then i am telling you get the hpa motorsport stage II golf because i dont know of any car under its price to have that 3.2s 0-60 and 202mph top speed with the EVO handling that is just the pure performance packege.

alright then the Z06 is better performance wise but the M3 is still not far behind tho but practical and comfort and the rest are what the M3 is.

Thats' all that really needs to be said.

G unit marko the link you provided just took me to motortrend.com and I couldnt find anything on the car. I know nothing about it but it sounds impressive. It wouldn't really apply to this debate, however because it sounds like it is a tuner car -- (not factory stock)

it is on motortrend website but you can go to the official www.hpamotorsport.com there u can find everything you can also download a video on motortrend for the 0-60 and the quarter mile. i know it has nothing to do with this i just wanted to point out that for 50k if you just want performance the golf is the way to go.

I don't know about the R32, and can't say I care, but man I'm tired. We stayed up all night making sure a stray pup gets' taken care of, bless him, hes' a good boy. I think I'll hit the hay.

Peace to all, and to all a Good Night.

• 3 Wochen später...

you can say that

this has nothing to do wit this topic but does anyone here have a bike because i got a ducati 999r and OMG i cant wait until the summer to go speeding with it :D my m3 will have a lil rest this summer

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...