EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
diesel2029

Unique Situation

Empfohlene Beiträge

diesel2029
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

Hi all, I have a couple of questions about buying a car. I'm currently a student in Missouri, but I'm originally from New York. I would like to buy a new car when I visit NY in November. My question is if I buy a new car in NY and give the dealer my Missouri address, how would the registration and insurance details work out ??? Will I get NY plates and insurance and I just change them when I take the car to Missouri or will I get one of those 30 day non resident stickers ???

I thought about buying the car here in Missouri, but the dealer is more than 150 miles away.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
bleh
Geschrieben

registration and insurance are based off of the mailing adress. pardon my noseyness but what car?

diesel2029
Geschrieben

Most likely it's going to be the Lexus SC430.

izzyloveslizzy
Geschrieben

Nice. Although I think the car is too unaerodynamic. It would be cool if it was a bit more like the good old SC400.

bleh
Geschrieben

i agree. i liked the styling of the sc400 much more, but to each his own.

izzyloveslizzy
Geschrieben

Ya ya. By the way I saw a pretty sweet loking SC430 today, but it still wasn't as god looking as the original SC400. But then again I guess ugliness is almost a Lexus trademark nowadays.

kleinefisch
Geschrieben

I agree, except for the IS, Lexus has hardly any style. I would take a TSX or LX from Acura before any Lexus.

izzyloveslizzy
Geschrieben

Yeah, I guess the IS is fairly OK. And another one of their models is OK as well (I think it's the GS or the LS). The SC's not THAT BAD either. But Lexus still needs to take some sort of independent design direction. I think the best looking Japanese cars are coming from Mazda, Nissan, Infiniti, and Acura. The rest need to take a good look at Hyundai and Kia if they want to figure out what's wrong with their image.