EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Power and Beauty - The Gallery ...

LateNightCable

Empfohlene Beiträge

the donkervoort doesn't count. That is hack engineering and a car with as many fundamental design flaws as a viper. It is the european Plymouth Prowler.

Hey, as long as it looks good. Looks kinda like a Caterham Super 7. French cars may have a history of looking funny, but they are cool. The Citroen hydraulic suspension and removable body panels were revolutionary. Then you have Venturi and their 300 Atlantique and 400 GT, both great cars, and now a new one, the :o Fetish :o !

I'm smiling now :) because the Arnage is going strong and in no danger of being discontinued anytime soon, besides, wheather they contnue to make it or not has nothing to do with its' validity as a premium automobile.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 55
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

in no danger as in VW is plotting it going away? Okay, if you say so.

VW wants to have the bentley on a VW platform using VW parts bin parts.

Instead of Azure coupe, we get the Continental GT. What about the conti GT is not VW?

Yeah, the Continental GT is VW alright, and they may eventually replace the Arnage with crap, but for right now, and the forseeable future, one of the last real Bentleys' is safe. VW might also want to make a baby Bentley upon a Beetle platform and charge $200,000 but that doesn't mean it makes good business sense. They should know that with Bentley, the parts sharing can only go so far.

Thanks Wingedgoat for the Auburn Speedster, I'd like to see some more vintage cars in here. The Auburn Cord Duesenburg museum in Auburn Indiana is not far from me, you should check it out if you never have before.

Polar mentioned the Alfa Romeo Brera and that gave me an idea to post these pics. Here are some things I have learned about it.

* engine - 4.2 Liter V-8 producing 402 hp.

* Transmission will be the Selespeed sequential gearbox.

* The entire front clip will be removable for easy access.

* The door windows are fixed. Huh?

* The Brera will feature a PICASOUND system, created by Pierre Piccaluga, who ever he is, that claims to have 60% higher fidelity than any existing car audio system.

brera_10.jpg

*Can I ride? :P

brera_03.jpg

brera_06.jpg

brera_05.jpg

the brera runs on a tweaked ferrari-built 4.2, the same engine used in maserati, it does not have moving windows on the scissor doors, it does although have an active ventallation system (nearly as good). It get's the cambiocorsa style tranny too!

It is essentially alfa's take on the maserati.

Active Ventilation, phuh! The principal of the matter is who wants to drive around, in a sportscar no less, with the windows up all the time? I'd take the glass right out if I had to. If you'll notice the photos, there seem to be two different versions, a straight hard top, and a glass roof model. Thats' pretty cool.

yeah, i have noticed. I'm sure they'l figure some sort of solution to the windows (like how to put movable ones in). That is almost as bad as dodge (who elected not to put windows in).

My corvette buddies refer to the viper RT/10 as Roasted and Toasted in less than ten minutes.

Let's hope alfa isn't going there.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo LateNightCable,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Verschiedenes über Autos (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I am a fan of busses, this is a very specialized wing of motor enthusiasm that doesn't get a whole lot of attention, probably because most people don't think a bus is sexy, or fun. Ah but they can be! Case in point is the GM PD-4501 Scenicruiser. Introduced in 1954, sleek and powerful, a true road classic. I would love to have one of these someday. ALL ABOARD! :P

* 1954 GM PD-4501 Scenicruiser

pac4501.jpg

* Goodbye everyone, don't forget to write! :P

turn4501.jpg

you know latenight, you can be kinda wierd from time to time.

on one hand, you are a BMW enthusiast who drives em' like they should be and knows his shit.

on the other hand, he is into touchy feely and busses.

there is something magical and nostalgic about the scenicruiser, i can't see sexy, but it was a fixture of the time period, all the old movies i see from that use that bus, so go figure.

I'd never want to drive one though.

The Scenicruiser is sexy in an untraditional way, like a sportscar it's sleek and can take you anywhere you want to go with a spirit of adventure - thats' sexy.

I embrace both my feminine and masculine sides, and not to be trendy either, it's just me. I think I am a very well rounded enthusiast. There was a time when I aspired to be a professional pilot, but that never would have worked out. I am an artistic, Feely soul who just loves machinery.

i once aspired to be a proffesional pilot. I was then told my style of flying was a little too "seat of the pants" and "well son, a bit frightening", and that I wouldn't enjoy it. Now I do it as a hobby. Oh well. I would have been bored as a pilot, too little thinking involved. Studying finance is much more fun :roll:

I just live life as it goes. I don't embrace sides, I just do what reason dictates. I have admiration for people who get all touchey feely and artistic, god knows I'm not that brave, and I skydive! :D

The DeTomaso Pantera has to be amoung the most beautiful sportscars of all time. The clean, sharkish lines are timeless ...

* 1972 DeTomaso Pantera ... Your'e sexy, and you know it! :P

pantera1.jpg

Oh, I'm so jealous Polar, :wink: great pictures.

I finally found a DeTomaso photo that worked, not one of the ones I was going to use, but oh well. Check it out above.

This is one of the better authentic reproduction sportscars I have seen. :P In my opinion, the GT40 ranks with the Pantera among the most beautiful mid-engine sportscars. Shelby Cobra is way too popular.

* CAV GT ...

cavDSCN8056.jpg

cavDSCN8051.jpg

* Ford GT40 Mk II ... Kickin' it at LeMans! - Cocktails at my place after the race. :P

three.jpg

* Gulf Colors! ...

cav143003.jpg

I have so many great pictures for you all today! :P

Who can deny the shear artistry of vintage car advertising? Not only are the featured cars beautiful to many people, including myself, but many were also very powerful. These are pure American cars, with no other influence.

Not all of the following pictures are photos, but all are great to look at. Enjoy! :)

cad57ss.jpg

* With such discriminating good taste, this man is sure to shoot to the top of the corporate ladder! ...

cad59rex.jpg

cad60fw.jpg

cad56red.jpg

cad56aud.jpg

des56cvt.jpg

cad48intro.jpg

cad57lady.jpg

ply60yel.jpg

ed58whtt.jpg

pon60vote.jpg

* Nothing says " REBEL " like suburban folks drag racing up a hill in a Nash ... :P

nas50two.jpg

old53int.jpg

des42red01.jpg

old48fut.jpg

* What a beautiful sight! ... :P

Cool. I think I'll join in the madness. But first, LateNightCable, where ddi you get a picture of a Citroen Dian from? I liked that one. It was a funny little car. It's engine pumped a whopping 23HP! At it's very disgusting maximum, it could do 88KPH on a highway. And it's 0-62, as you can guess, was N/A!!!! It never reached 0-62! Heh.

But anyways, here are a few pictures:

0307_harley_03.jpg

51_buick_lesabre_concept_philly_03_dv_079eight.jpgedonis.jpg

51_buick_lesabre_concept_philly_03_dv_0711eight.jpg

edonis2.jpg

edonis3.jpg

edonis4.jpg

edonis5.jpg

edonis6.jpg

edonis7.jpg

edonis8.jpg

edonis9.jpg

edonis10.jpg

edonis11.jpg

edonis12.jpg

id90.jpg

hs21gts.jpg

hs21gts2.jpg

hs21gts3.jpg

hs21gts4.jpg

hs21gts5.jpg

hs21gts6.jpg

The first few pictures are of the beast, the 1951 Buick LeSabre. That was way back then, before they neutered it.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...