EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

best looking ferrari...

rodaux

Which is the best looking?  

2 Stimmen

1. 1. Which is the best looking?

Empfohlene Beiträge

The F-355 seems to be most everyone's favorite, it is not too conservative ( 456GT? ) and not too much ( F-50 ). It is stylish enough to carry you to the classiest places, posesses all the major ques of the eighties cars, and has a purity of form that says, " Ferrari sportscar " all over. This design is free of any masculine strakes and wings, so it's not out of place for a woman to drive it.

The F-355 is a very attractive design that is " feminine ", without being " girly ". It's essence is that it's a down to earth, attainable exotic car that is easy for many people to admire and see themselves in - even Grandma. :)

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 100
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort
The F-355 seems to be most everyone's favorite, it is not too conservative ( 456GT? ) and not too much ( F-50 ). It is stylish enough to carry you to the classiest places, posesses all the major ques of the eighties cars, and has a purity of form that says, " Ferrari sportscar " all over. This design is free of any masculine strakes and wings, so it's not out of place for a woman to drive it.

The F-355 is a very attractive design that is " feminine ", without being " girly ". It's essence is that it's a down to earth, attainable exotic car that is easy for many people to admire and see themselves in - even Grandma. :)

The 456GT conservative??? It's a beautiful, sleek design! The F355 is the one that is conservative. It's a bad case of evolution... cars like the Testarossa were stylish and had nice cues all over (like the slats in the door and over the rear lights), whereas the F355 is just a nasty, plain shape. Not only that, it has a disgusting, whining engine which I can't stand. My vote is going on the Dino 246GT. :P The key to a beautiful car is in its detail; the small things that are overlooked by the normal person, but are appreciated by real car fanatics. 8)

The 456GT is an elegant car, but it is visually " conservative " in comparison to another front engine V-12 car like say the 550 / 575M. To say something is conservative is not the same as saying it's crap.

I agree very much that beauty is very often in the details, but I would hardly say the 355 is nasty and plain. It is still a very clean design. And if you can't stand the sound of the engine, there is a little thing called aftermarket exhaust! :roll:

The 456GT is an elegant car, but it is visually " conservative " in comparison to another front engine V-12 car like say the 550 / 575M. To say something is conservative is not the same as saying it's crap.

I agree very much that beauty is very often in the details, but I would hardly say the 355 is nasty and plain. It is still a very clean design. And if you can't stand the sound of the engine, there is a little thing called aftermarket exhaust! :roll:

I think its purpose is to be elegant and refined; next to the 550/575 it may look tame, but I still think it looks better than either.

To me the F355 is a backwards step from the earlier designs. It doesn't appeal to me, it's just too ordinary. I believe that to alter something on a car such as a Ferrari from how it was originally intended is sacrilege. Besides, changing the exhaust will not change how the engine sounds.

As far as modern Ferraris go, none of them appeal to me. They just don't seem like Ferraris any longer. The only one I like is the 456GT, but that is hardly 'new'. I'm a bigger fan of Lamborghini, but even they seem to have lost their way. My money will go on a Diablo if I can ever afford one, as it's the last of the great Italian supercars. :lol:

I'm not even a " Ferrari person ", so I was merely stating why I think the F-355 is a favorite. I hear what you're saying completely about not altering a car from how it was originally, but something as minor as an exhaust system can always be removed, and a good system can make a tame engine sound hot. Every Ferrari engine has the potential to sound good I think. You're perfectly entitled to prefer certain models over others, thats' what this whole thing is about.

My money would go on a Diablo too. A 6.0 SE in Marrone Eklipsis ( Sunset Brown ). :)

I'm not even a " Ferrari person ", so I was merely stating why I think the F-355 is a favorite. I hear what you're saying completely about not altering a car from how it was originally, but something as minor as an exhaust system can always be removed, and a good system can make a tame engine sound hot. Every Ferrari engine has the potential to sound good I think. You're perfectly entitled to prefer certain models over others, thats' what this whole thing is about.

My money would go on a Diablo too. A 6.0 SE in Marrone Eklipsis ( Sunset Brown ). :)

I've never understood why the F355 was liked. I know the exhaust system is a minor change, but to me it'd still feel wrong on something like a Ferrari. I much preferred the growling sound of say the 246GT to the wail of the newer engines. I guess it's a Lamborghini trait, though. Their V12 has always sounded incredible. First time I saw and heard a Diablo... I'll never forget that. I've seen plenty of F355s, but they do nothing for me. Do they remind anyone else of a Lotus Esprit (only not as good-looking), or is that just me?!

not as good looking as a lotus esprit? There is an angry italian mob out after you, and they want blood.

The Esprit was hardly the beautiful clean and flowing car the F355 was. It was the final modern culmination to a line of great ferrari styling, and a modern classic. That car emits a beautiful sound, maybe not at low revs, but once you get it going. let me guess, you want to tell me it sounds like a civic?

There is a reason F355 is considerred amgonst the most beautful ferraris and lotus eprit is ceasing production - because they aren't selling any.

dino is a good ferrari. It's hard not to like, and it's styling was nice.

My personal favorite is still F40.

not as good looking as a lotus esprit? There is an angry italian mob out after you, and they want blood.

The Esprit was hardly the beautiful clean and flowing car the F355 was. It was the final modern culmination to a line of great ferrari styling, and a modern classic. That car emits a beautiful sound, maybe not at low revs, but once you get it going. let me guess, you want to tell me it sounds like a civic?

There is a reason F355 is considerred amgonst the most beautful ferraris and lotus eprit is ceasing production - because they aren't selling any.

dino is a good ferrari. It's hard not to like, and it's styling was nice.

My personal favorite is still F40.

Oh no! Please! Not the conformist Ferrari mob!!! :o :roll: The Esprit was an Italian design! I do think it looks better than the F355, and I'm not fussed if that makes the conformists angry - all the pace at half the price. As for the engine sound; to each his own. That rasp has never been a good sound to me, though. Of course it doesn't sound like a Civic, to say that is just stupid. The Esprit is ceasing production, but it's been around a hell of a lot longer than any Ferrari has, and unlike Ferraris, it's evolved into a better car over and over. There is another reason why production is being stopped - the gearbox they fit to it is also not being produced any longer, or for not much longer. Hail to the Esprit, it's always been the car the F355 should have been. :lol:

the esprit? The original one had turbo lag like you can't imagine (my freind has a 1992), they handle incredibly, i'll give you that. Their quality of construction is dispicable. I mean amazingly horrific. Kick it, see how many parts you can make fall off. The styling of Esprit was italdesign, Ferrari is pinifariina, i think that F355 is the kind of car Epsrit should have been.

Even the twin turbo rover V8 was kinda sad.

I don't know what Esprit you've been hanging around ( 1992? ) but I have seen no such dispicable cheapness that you mention, it's plasticy in places, but not horribly so. The Esprit V8 is not powered by Rover, that V-8 engine was created in house by Lotus themselves, and it's very responsive. Though it doesn't sound really great, the optional sport exhaust will fix that.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo rodaux,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Ferrari (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
the esprit? The original one had turbo lag like you can't imagine (my freind has a 1992), they handle incredibly, i'll give you that. Their quality of construction is dispicable. I mean amazingly horrific. Kick it, see how many parts you can make fall off. The styling of Esprit was italdesign, Ferrari is pinifariina, i think that F355 is the kind of car Epsrit should have been.

Even the twin turbo rover V8 was kinda sad.

Maybe your friend doesn't look after his car properly. Granted, they are not perfect, but they don't put their cars together in the same way as Toyota. The Ferrari design is too plain by far, the Esprit is just a beautiful shape. Of course they handle amazingly; that's the whole idea of Colin Chapman - keep the weight down to improve the handling. Just look at the Elise, it's one of the best handling cars in the world.

colin chapman would have died if you told him that lotus would make a twin turbo V8 car the size of esprit.

I'll agree to disagree, our tastes are different. Barring lotus' build quality issues and ferrari's exorbent price, they are both competent supercars.

colin chapman would have died if you told him that lotus would make a twin turbo V8 car the size of esprit.

I'll agree to disagree, our tastes are different. Barring lotus' build quality issues and ferrari's exorbent price, they are both competent supercars.

:lol: I seem to recall he was alive when the Esprit was created. It was his decision to park one outside Pinewood Studios that got his masterpiece into a Bond film. It adheres to the principles he laid down - lightweight, and crushing performance. I know Lotus aren't perfect when it comes to build quality, but you have to accept that they, and other small sports car companies, aren't really able to achieve the high quality output of much larger companies. Ferrari are by no means perfect either, remember...

actually, chapman died of heart attack in 1982, that was a few years before even the esprit concept. Ferrari isn't perfect either, but the build quality on Pagani Zonda, which is a very small company, seems to be beyond anyone's criticism, so a small car maker can. Remeber lotus has rover for parts.

actually, chapman died of heart attack in 1982, that was a few years before even the esprit concept. Ferrari isn't perfect either, but the build quality on Pagani Zonda, which is a very small company, seems to be beyond anyone's criticism, so a small car maker can. Remeber lotus has rover for parts.

The Esprit appeared in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977), and the Esprit was around then. The Esprit has been around for even longer than you imagine, then. Believe me, the Esprit is very much a concept Chapman would have been proud of.

I've never met anyone with a Zonda, so I couldn't really say. It can be done, obviously, but for hand-built (okay, half hand-built) cars, it must be a lot more difficult to reach the build standards that automated machines can reach. Credit to Pagani if they have built a solid car, though. Looks that don't fall to pieces; something of a rarity in the world of Italian sports cars.

A lot of what goes into a zonda is german. Italian soul, german fortitude.

If you'll look, most people at the top find the F355 the most attractive Ferrari.

and fine, so the esprit was around then, but it was the somewhat lame non-turbo esprit. Half of the esprit's personality is tied to the quirky turbo powerplant.

A lot of what goes into a zonda is german. Italian soul, german fortitude.

If you'll look, most people at the top find the F355 the most attractive Ferrari.

and fine, so the esprit was around then, but it was the somewhat lame non-turbo esprit. Half of the esprit's personality is tied to the quirky turbo powerplant.

So I see. There aren't many classic Ferraris to choose from - does this mean no one likes them, or is it just a state of mind that new Ferraris must always surpass the old ones? My vote is still with the 246GT - one sleek as 'owt car. :P

The Zonda is part-German, but it's something we'd better get used to. I think we'll end up seeing a lot more parts sharing in future (engines included) as accountants go to work. :(

accountants? Mercedes is not the only company selling engines. Pagani is not owned by mercedes, they chose the AMG 7.3L V12 because it was the best available engine for the job. There are few engines who can stack up to the high performance and low weight of that engine, much less it's first rate build quality and reliability. Furthermore, it can be serviced a lot more places. I see no downside to using the AMG engine.

accountants? Mercedes is not the only company selling engines. Pagani is not owned by mercedes, they chose the AMG 7.3L V12 because it was the best available engine for the job. There are few engines who can stack up to the high performance and low weight of that engine, much less it's first rate build quality and reliability. Furthermore, it can be serviced a lot more places. I see no downside to using the AMG engine.

It's German and detracts from the purity of the brand. I'm aware Pagani isn't owned by Mercedes, and I know they chose the engine, and didn't have it shoved upon them. I was just stating that it's likely there'll be more parts sharing in future, rather than companies developing their own engines or interior fittings etc.

it may take away from the italian purity, but then again, the engine in the gallardo is audi, detomaso was always big on ford engines, i just think that Pagani could not have developed an engine as good overall as the AMG 7.3L V12 on their own. The car is better for having that engine. It left them more money to perfect the details of the car, improve handling, and work on fit and finish. Car companies (atleast american ones) seem to be on a push to give cars more inividual interior fittings.

I know, it's a shame about the Gallardo. The thing is, for me, I wouldn't want to pay however much the Gallardo is for a car with an Audi engine in it (and interior, and whatever else is Audi that I can't remember). If I did own one, I'd always remember that was was sat behind me wasn't Italian. :(

You can say one good thing about Ferrari; at least they didn't sell out to Ford. Fiat had the good sense to leave the brand as a separate wing, and so keep the purity, at least on the mechanical/parts side of things.

No one is about to pay ferrari's premium price for fiat or ford engines. Mercedes AMG engine in zonda only works because it performs beyond reproach. They've done a good job tuning the 7.3L to fee almost italianate in gusto. Gallardo is a disgrace.

I still think they 'borrowed' the back end from the Toyota MR2. It looks way too squashed up. True that people wouldn't pay the Ferrari premium, but as Lambos tend to cost more than Ferraris, who will pay £100,000+ for a Gallardo? A lot of people, apparently. That's something I don't get - why not Ferrari, but why is it okay for others such as Lamborghini?

I've heard though that the 7.3 liter AMG V-12 in the Zonda just sounds like a trash compactor, not exactly a producer of fine music. I wish VW would learn a thing or two about leaving their brands as seperate wings.

The Gallardo rear end reminded me of a Celica when I first saw it. As for the best looking Ferrari debate, no one has yet mentioned the 308. I'm just throwing that out there because the 308 is a very fine looking Ferrari.

i love the look of 308, infact, it was the 328 (the faster newer 308) that was my first experience with fast cars. Since I heard that engine, felt the hard ride, I've been hooked.

The 7.3L engine doesn't sound like a trash compactor, it sounds lower and more mellow than say a ferrari motor, and it has that lumpy mercedes roar, you like it or you don't.

Gallardo does look like the "uber-MR2", I hate the tail, but VW has already crucified lambo anyway, so I'd already given up on them.

I hate how nowadays, all these great car makers have an astrisk after their name Lamborghini* by volkswagen, bentley* by volkswagen, porsche* volkswagen's bitch, bugatii* by volkswagen, Rolls Royce *engineered by BMW, Jaguar* by Ford, Land Rover* by ford, volvo* by ford, saab* by GM,

Sadness.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...