EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M5 5.5L V10 Twin Turbo?

scottiedavies

Empfohlene Beiträge

it's here at carpassion.com ..

i believe in the Benz post section ...

article on official future plans for MB transmission and AMG engines...

AMG will offer a 700 horsepower V-12 with the 7-Speed transmission just like I said before ....

and it talks about how the new transmission will be have magnesium in it ... just like I said before ....

and MB will also offer a normally-aspirated 6.3 liter V-8 good for atleast 600 horsepower ....

this horsepower war is really insane. But as far as torque, MB's torque figures are even way ahead of Ferrari and Lambo, and ofcourse Bimmer. Check the torque figures for the AMG twin-turbo V-12's ... just crazy indeed. How much faster will these cars get in the coming years? It's anyones guess ...

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 115
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

How fast? About 155 mph I think would be a safe guess :D, hey it's the truth isn't it?

Also, plans are not always the same thing as what is to come, a lot of things are " planned " that never come about because whoever planned what soon finds that it wouldn't work afterall. But it's always great to dream.

Automotive developments often happen in spurts, with one maker on a development spurt at one time, and another at another time. It's rediculous to say that one premium maker is way ahead of another in the engineering department, because it's not true. It's all about whos' focusing on what, at what time.

these are all great brands, and they all can and do in one way or another keep pace with each other. they just have different philosophies of doing it.

i personally prefer BMW's way of doing. both bmws and mercs are gratifying to drive.

the merc is solid, it gives you confidence and gusto, it feels calm and powerful, and ego boost by osmosis.

and the bmw totally integrates with you, it is orgasmic, the road, the engine, the suspension all are felt, not painfully, but in a smooth mellow embrace.

So you say I don't know that much JUST because I mentioned the current 55 engines that have two superchargers on them? The fact is they do have that on them, so what are you talking about?

I know more about Benz than you and most people out there I guarantee it ......

Also, you say I'm raving about MB superiority? Well, most people all over the world recognize Benz as the absolute Gold Standard For The World. And MB is definitely superior, period.

Recently I drove my friends brand new S600 Sedan and absolutely slaughtered his buddies' bimmer 760 Li AND smoked a new M3 !! Enough Said right there ......

Besides, Benz is far classier and chic that bimmer anyways.

I can keep responding endlessly if need be ....

have a nice day :-)

The Mercedes S-600 could only smoke a BMWM3 from 0-60mph, but from 60 and upwards, the BMW will smoke the mercedes and I have tested it!! The mercedes S-600 is too heavy to smoke a BMW. Even the new 860 could kick that mercedes' butt! The mercedes is fast from 0-60, but not when it drives faster then 60.

By the way, the M5 isn't supposed to be faster then the Mercedes SL, the bimmer is supposed to be faster then the E-class. The SL doesn't have any competition in Germany, but it has competition in Itlay; Ferrari 360 Modena.

In your face..........

Benz was the very first car in the world, and since then they have always been known for their superior engineering. Bimmer being more advanced? LOL ...... hardly. An SL 55 is far more advanced than anything Bimmer has period.

Besides .... no matter how hard bimmer tries, there will still always be that deep down irritation and frustration knowing that it's still not a Benz.

Being a Benz is something of a higher order, a higher plane.

Bimmer being far ahead .... not quite. And those turbos and superchargers are not just simple "bolt ons". They are specially designed and engineered from the beginning to be as solid as a rock and are way beyond normal turbos/superchargers.

And let's not even start going into looks. Bimmers have gotten so ugly recently that they're not even worth looking at anymore. Benz gets far more admiring looks from people, including beautiful and classy women. And ofcourse jealous and frustrated stares from bimmer owners LOLOLOL

BMW is already far ahead of Mercedes, look what BMW did with the BMW M3 CSL on the Nordschleife against the Porsche 911GT3. The BMW M3CSL did it in 7:50 and the Porsche in 7:54! The M3CSL can pul more G's while cornering than the 911GT3 the brakes are aslo better even better than the brakes of the Ferrari Enzo! From 100kph-0 33.0m for the Enzo and 32.4m for the M3 CSL! GT3 was only faster while accelerating in a straight line.

BMW M cars are real sports cars, Merc's are also fast but they use automatic gearboxes because they are afraid that the manual gearboxes can't hold the power! BMW uses the great SMG gearbox or good manual one's I also tell you Mercedes has limited the torque of the SL/CL65AMG at 1000Nm so that the gearbox ect, ect wouldn't brake down. Now i'm telling you that's sad...

The new M models will be really fast cars (even like the'old' ones) without any help of turbos/superchargers, now that's what i call a real good piece of technoligy.

now those are some hard core BMW fans.

BMWs are sportier, mercedes doesn't doubt that. they are made for different reasons.

and by the way.

I'd like to see the mercedes that takes down the E60 M5.

the 612hp/738ft/lb torque 5.5L AMG V12 is nice, but in a very large heavy car, it's still limited. It's a stretch to see an SL65 break to 3.8.

and with 80 fewer horsepower, the E39 M5, while beat to 60, starts closing the gap from 60 on. it is faster from 80-120, and by 140mph, the M5 has all but evened the race.

that impresses me.

While others rely on muscle, BMW has been doing it with muscle, and a good dose of brains for a long time. If anyone can make a car a dominator, often with less all out power than the competition - it's BMW.

They probably know more about engines than just about anyone, their original game was engines, the kind that can't afford to die. Airplanes.

In a German Car magazine was a test between the Ferrari 575M, Aston Martin Vanquish, Merc SL600 and the Lambo Murcielago.

The Merc was faster in accelaration than the Ferrari and the Aston!

Only the Lambo could stay in front of the Merc.

0 - 100 kph for the Merc was 4.1s and 0-200kph 13.5s

The Lambo did it in <4s and 11.4s

Ferrari did 0-200kph in 14.0s

Aston did 0-200kph in 17.3s

I don't think the SL65 will be much faster than the SL600 because Brabus already made the SL6.3 V12 with 640HP and 1029Nm!

0-100kph +/-4s

0-200kph 12.9s

It's of course a really fast car when you look at the new Porsche 911GT2, it does 0-200kph in 12.5s

It will be hard for BMW to get at those times, but i think that the M5/6 CSL will make a good possibility. But accelerating in a straight line isn't everything, brakes, grip and car handeling is also important.

I hope for a nice test on the Nordschleife!

............It will be hard for BMW to get at those times, but i think that the M5/6 CSL will make a good possibility. But accelerating in a straight line isn't everything, brakes, grip and car handeling is also important.

I hope for a nice test on the Nordschleife!

I sure hope that you don't mean that the Mercedes has the ability to break a record at the Nordschleife. The Mercedes' doesn't have anuy of those things you listed, except one thing, the brakes. If you see Top Gear where they test the Mercedes SL 55 AMG, he said that when he starts "racing" with it, that there is nothing that could hide it from having a wight of 2 tonn. It is heavy and it can't do the turns like a Ferrai or an Aston Martin. Yes, Mercedes' are fast, but they are made for one thing; cruising down the Autobahn. Not made to be raced with. Not made to be driven hard. It is a cruiser. Nothing else. It could beat cars in a straight line, but when the curves comes along, the Mercedes won't get the rivals.

Dresol wrote:

I sure hope that you don't mean that the Mercedes has the ability to break a record at the Nordschleife. The Mercedes' doesn't have anuy of those things you listed, except one thing, the brakes. If you see Top Gear where they test the Mercedes SL 55 AMG, he said that when he starts "racing" with it, that there is nothing that could hide it from having a wight of 2 tonn. It is heavy and it can't do the turns like a Ferrai or an Aston Martin. Yes, Mercedes' are fast, but they are made for one thing; cruising down the Autobahn. Not made to be raced with. Not made to be driven hard. It is a cruiser. Nothing else. It could beat cars in a straight line, but when the curves comes along, the Mercedes won't get the rivals.

PersianJ also thinks God builds Mercedes.

The SL is really not the sort of car that warrants the kind of power and speed that Mercedes tries to pump into it, for the simple fact that it is a cruiser. All it really makes for is a very heavy, and fundamentally imbalanced car. A nice cruiser, but still.

the acceleration on those is violent, it feels very powerful, but driving it, you can tell it's very very heavy. my uncle replaced his corvette with an SL55. Simply put, it drives nice, it handles pretty well, but if you try anything aggressive, you feel in a hurry exactly how big it is.

The Mercedes doesn't feel heavy until the turns comes along.

The Mercedes SL is a beatufully designed car and think it is going to be hard for other designers in other car factorys to beat that gorgeous design. The car is fast. No doubt and I can say that for sure because my father borrowed one this summer and I have to say that is a beautiful car indeed!

I'm always wary of designs that have no " edge ", and I dont' mean Ford edge styling. Just that the old SL was trim, and chisled in the right places. The new SL is a more soft and flowing shape, not aways a good thing on a rather large car, which tends to carry it's heft on forever. I aways thought the tail lights were kind of off, making the butt look a little saggy, not helped by the fact that the trunk lid is rounded off as well. It's an okay design, but I'm not sure it will have the great longevity of earlier SLs'.

it is sexy and sleek, but some of the details (the tail) are just questionable.

It always feels like a heavy and powerful car.

You can tell off the line, you can when it shifts, and if you try to do any hard handling, it is very clear you are driving das boot.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...