SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M5 5.5L V10 Twin Turbo?

scottiedavies

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 115
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Well, the auto show at Geneva (Geneve) is likely, it is as close to home turf as you will find for BMW in the auto show circuit. Paris is although a place to show radical and new concepts, which I think best describe the creations of the mad doctor bangle. I am suprised that no real good spy shots have come out, usually BMW leaks - even years in advance. I remember seeing X5 shots back in 1996 and 1997. Too bad the performance world outgrew the chainsaw inline six.

• 1 Monat später...

Well, if you are happy with the 850 (which was a sufficently amazing car) - then keep it. If you ever feel like you'd like to go faster, like you'd be able to put the fear of god into the vette driver next to you at the light, a car that handles better, and one with luxury like no other, then M5 is for you. Of course I expect the new M5 will ring in at about 100,000 dollars, the M6 for a few dollars more.

It is a lot, I won't give a definate answer till I see a production model. In person.

I am envious of your 850, which variant is it, 5.0 or 5.4, or 5.6, 6 speed or autobox?

The 5.4 V12 is a very nice engine. It had single and double overhead cam variants, both gave authoritative torque down low - and strong power up high to match. Power figures are as high as 361 on this engine.

It is an awsome power cruiser, I envy you.

The reason the 850 was never the success it should have been is because it never looked like a BMW. I hope the new 7 and 5 series don't have that problem. I love everything about the 850. I cannot wait for 6 series to debut.

I might just have to start playing powerball so I can get one.

• 2 Monate später...

i didn't know the canadian dollar was that strong against a US $. Wow, that is a pretty good deal for you. Yes, the M5 will only be approximately $90,000 US base. Even so, it will be more expensive than the slightly more tame RS6 and E55 (which are only available in 5spd. auto).

What are the advantages of the tires being larger, not wider, but like larger other than it looks good? As well, form spy pics ive seen and photoshops, it looks like its gonna have some tires slightly smaller than the 7 series, which is like 19 or 18 tires!

the M5 will have very very wide tires (the largest tire availible on the 7 is perhaps a 275, while M5 will have 345). The larger diameter means per inch there is less curvature and a larger patch in contact with the ground.

• 3 Monate später...

345?! I think big tires look great on sports cars and they also do much for handeling and grip but isn't that overdueing it a little?

BTW If you're going to put tires that big on your car you better make sure you have power steering or else you wont have any arms left at the end of the day.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...