M5 5.5L V10 Twin Turbo?

scottiedavies

Empfohlene Beiträge

• 3 Wochen später...
Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 115
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Guess what will happen when the new M5 hits the street? Mercedes will make a facelift on the E-class including a small bumber modification... and ofcourse more boost making it some kw stronger than M5 :D Like it or not!

Guess what will happen when the new M5 hits the street? Mercedes will make a facelift on the E-class including a small bumber modification... and ofcourse more boost making it some kw stronger than M5 :D Like it or not!

Well, Mercedes might do that, but they still will not make it a better sportscar then the BMW M5. Mercedes is a car for old men who are showing off.

BMW M5 has always been the Über saloon in Germany and Europe and always will be.

When Mercedes improve the E-class, BMW might try and give the M5 more kw then Mercedes and vice versa. May the fight begin..

It isn't even about engine output anymore, topping each other in the power department is old hat. There are no lackluster cars at this level. What decides the best performer these days is which package delivers the goods in the most well rounded fashion.

Handling, Civility, Comfort, even Economy. I agree, Mercedes AMG is largely about old men showing off. :D

right now i am all about a car that will make love to me every minute i drive it.

when i get old and impotent, i'll have to settle for my big comfy AMG cruiser, the thrill of beating dumb kids out of stop light.

You talk as if you plan on becoming old and impotent.

Me, I plan on living forever, in one form or another as I always have. I might even ride an M car all the way to eternity.

But more likely, a 1955 Cadillac.

You realize the day will come when BMW will nolonger be cool. Just like Cadillac used to be the king of cool, and Benz used to be the undisputed leader in every catagory . Your kids will want their own brand idols, and you'll be the old fart who drives that old bimmer and "so don't get it". :D

Personally, I don't give a damn about what is considered cool, but I do know what I like. My preference for BMW never had anything to do with what others thought of their cars. I saw, I drove, I really liked. The same goes for 50's Cadillacs. In later years, let young people drive their goofy xtreme sport machines, because I will know who really " gets' it ". Me. :D

Next year Benz is coming out with very light weight 7-Speed tiptronics for their cars .... the new SL 6.5 AMG Twin-Turbo V-12 with this transmission will smoke the new V-10 M5 ... preliminary number with just the current old 5-Speed auto in the car are zero to 60 in high 3's ... top speed over 220 MPH with no limiter and special tires. With the New 7-Speed Magnesium auto, all acceleration times will drop several tenths of a second in all ranges of speed. Not to mention the next generation of MB engines that Benz is working on will go back to 4-Valve per cylinder, lighter weight construction, much more high tech variable valve timing, and with the new transmissions that are much stronger and lighter and faster, AMG will then be free to let loose with much higher Horsepower and Torque numbers than they even have now .... don't be surprised to see next generation Twin-Turbo V-12 engines with atleast 700 horsepower (over 800 will be easy) and well over 800 lb/ft of torque !!!!! If they can lighten the overrall cars' weights too by having more composites, aluminums, and manesium parts ... these Benz's will outgun any stock Porsche turbo, BMW M's, Vipers, Corvettes, Ferrari's, whatever ... and be extremely comfortable and high-tech, safe, reliable, luxury cars at the same time with rock solid resale values ... (much better resale value than any Bimmer)

the new SL 6.5 AMG Twin-Turbo V-12 with this transmission will smoke the new V-10 M5 ... preliminary number with just the current old 5-Speed auto in the car are zero to 60 in high 3's ... top speed over 220 MPH with no limiter and special tires. these Benz's will outgun any stock Porsche turbo, BMW M's, Vipers, Corvettes, Ferrari's, whatever .

You know what that is? It's called HYPE. About a 700-800 hp stock Benz? Yes, be suprised. Where do you get that information from anyway?

The new 7G-Tronic transmission will have a 2nd. reverse gear with a higher ratio to enhance safety on slick roads by backing the car more gently, and will provide even smoother shifting, and the capability of skipping gears. It will be introduced on all '04 V8 model Benzs', and another version of it is planned for lesser powered cars when they are facelifted. With all of this, the 7-speed is still primarily a gimmick. They also say that because of " optimised design " maintainance costs will be lower, which has got to be total crap. Anything with more complex internals will always keep maintainance expensive.

One good thing for Chrysler though, is that they will get the hand-me-down 5-speed.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo scottiedavies,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Benz is already at over 612 horsepower with their current CL & SL 65 AMG engines .... and they could have gone much higher except they don't want to put too much stress on the transmission. How do I get my Info, you ask? I am in frequent contact with people in the Benz corporate world who have direct contact with the people at MB who have important info on their products. So every now and then, I get good info that I like to share sometimes. The SL 65 coming here to the U.S. next year will be devestatingly fast indeed, but AMG engineers agree that if they could have had this new stronger and faster 7-Speed transmission earlier so that they could have put it into these V-12's, the SL 65 would have been even much quicker than it already is going to be !!! They could have made the 65 for next year have easiliy 700 horsepower and easily over 800 lb/ft of torque. If the Bimmer fans don't believe it then check the current torque for the CL 65 AMG coming here next year, ... it's absolutely huge. This competition between Benz and Bimmer is good for everyone, it keeps the car makers on their toes making better and better cars, and keeps the consumer having the best possible cars to buy. Oh by the way, which car do all the Bimmer fans like better, the upcoming new M6 or M5? The new M6 looks like it's gonna be much better looking than the M5 maybe?

It's still hype. Thats' just the way engineers talk, especially Mercedes engineers, who think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Until those cars are proven in the real world, long term, those claims are simply " high hopes ".

Has anyone actually told you the 7G is even strong enough to handle that kind of power realistically? 612 hp, maybe. But 700 and 800, and who knows how much torque, foot to the floor, watch the gears fly.

This new line of V12 AMGs' comeing out are very special models, very high priced, and will be built in small numbers. But, what Mercedes is doing with the SL and CL65 is not really impressive, because they are no longer " normal " cars, but special exotics. If you're talking special exotics with power to the moon, and a price to match, any leading automaker can do that if they wanted to. Even the upcomeing M5 is not a " normal " attainable car anymore, which is what these cars are supposed to be about. Don't think the flaws on these " perfect little Benzs' "won't start popping out, because they will. Because when your talking about that kind of power, the parts are never strong enough - just ask a race team.

remember the 65 AMG cars will be heavy, and won't have the extremely short gearing of M5. they will be quic, likely not faster i'm assuming. they will be performance crusiers, not mid age family man's sports cars.

Mercedes has always been known for their unbelievable superior engineering, and always last far longer and hold their value far better than bimmers. Also, the performance quotas are not hype, they are fact. Furthermore, MB is known for their rock solid reliability, even more so than bimmer. My friends and I have over the years bought brand new bimmers and benzes, and definitely the Benzes have been far more reliable and have held their value far better than bimmers. Bimmers are great cars indeed, it's just than Benz is engineered more thoroughly and to a higher standard. And, AMG is owned by Benz and AMG cars are being produced in huge numbers by any "Super Car" standards, and so therefore they can easily be considered mass produced street legal cars that just happen to be amazingly fast, unbelievably luxurious, and far superior to almost anything on the road. Bimmer makes cars for a target niche of light and quick on it's feet, which is great ofcourse. Benz makes cars that are great in every way overrall, not just to one performance niche. Take the new S-600 sedan for instance. How many cars are out there for that kind of money, that are stock off the showroom floor with no modifications, have every known luxury and convenience and safety feature imaginable, and can go zero to 60 in 4.3 seconds (several U.S. magazines have gotten this exact figure) and can top out at almost 200 MPH with the limiter off? Not a single one besides the S-600. It is an absolute amazing piece of engineering. And, to answer your question on if the new 7-Speed transmission will be able to handle crazy amounts of power, yes it will. Info has filtered through the MB corporate world from the engineering testing that the new trans is actually much faster, quicker, and stronger for sure. It will be made with exotic, lightweight, super-strong alloys. This means that it is a far superior transmission than anything before it, which means that it will in fact be able to handle a much greater amount of horsepower and torque than before. Also, you said what Benz is doing is not impressive and that making "special exotics with power to the moon, and a price to match, any leading automaker can do that if they wanted to" ... well hold on there. We're not just talking cars that have awesome power and a high price. These are outstandingly engineered German cars. This means that every single nut and bolt and piece of everything on their cars have been designed to be flawless technically. And they are extremely comfortable to ride in for many hours. And they are generally reliable and extremely safe and very very user-friendly. There is no other super-powered cars out there that meet all of these parameters. You could take an S65 AMG sedan and put several hundred thousand miles on it, and be completely comfortable through every mile of it (and be able to put 5 or 6 people in it too !!!) Also, you mentioned that "the parts are never strong enough", but as every german car fan knows, Mercedes are over-engineered to be able to withstand the test of time (This has always been the case with Benz models with the exception of some stupid recent mishaps, like the ML) Furthermore, the new 7-Speed is definitely not a gimmick. Not just the new materials and techniques used, but the all-new software programs for it will make it much quicker at gear changes, holding gears, down-shifting, shift-logic, driver-induced logic, etc.. Take-Off will be much quicker, and also acceleration from any gear, from any RPM range, from any speed, will be much faster also. And MB usually gears their cars for high speeds, which is good for using on the autobahn. I wish they'd gear it better for U.S. road conditions, which means gear it for even better acceleration from say 0 to 100 MPH .. but oh well these cars are all too fast anyways.

Some food for thought: Imagine if MB all the sudden decided to just say the hell with "super luxury" and drop the weight of their high-performance cars substantially, throw in a 6-Speed manual, and take the limiters off? Then the gloves would definitely be off indeed ... they would be utterly Unstoppable. Maybe like a CSL version of the SL 65, taking out all the extra luxury items and gear, make it a dedicated coupe with no heavy convertible option, put light-weight carbon fiber body panels, light weight interior, lighter weight chassis, materials, seats, wheels, brakes, 6-Speed manual, etc.. Then no production street-legal car under $250,000 would be able to get near it, it would smoke everything.

mercedes being known for there superior engineering? umm......wasnt that bmw.i think your just a disgruntled merc fan that is upset that they are way less technologicly advanced than bmw.bmws engeneering skills are far far ahead of mercs.simply bolting superchargers or turbos on an engine is not what i call supirior engineering.sorry buddy you are very wrong.

clearly that guy raving about merc superiority doesn't know that much. his statement about dual superchargers alone is proof.

I'm sorry to say this, but you are obviously a fan of a brand. Not Mercedes at least, and that colour your reasoning quite much.

2 More Points: That super-light version of the SL 65 that I talked about would not sell enough for it to be practical as a mass produced production car to sell in every location throughout the world by Benz, but ....

AMG has a special-order department that could make one like that for a customer that wanted one if need be.

Second point: Don't doubt it, just drive all of them and see for yourself the difference when these cars come out at the dealerships' showrooms.

Driving is believing after all :-)

So you say I don't know that much JUST because I mentioned the current 55 engines that have two superchargers on them? The fact is they do have that on them, so what are you talking about?

I know more about Benz than you and most people out there I guarantee it ......

Also, you say I'm raving about MB superiority? Well, most people all over the world recognize Benz as the absolute Gold Standard For The World. And MB is definitely superior, period.

Recently I drove my friends brand new S600 Sedan and absolutely slaughtered his buddies' bimmer 760 Li AND smoked a new M3 !! Enough Said right there ......

Besides, Benz is far classier and chic that bimmer anyways.

I can keep responding endlessly if need be ....

have a nice day :-)

Benz was the very first car in the world, and since then they have always been known for their superior engineering. Bimmer being more advanced? LOL ...... hardly. An SL 55 is far more advanced than anything Bimmer has period.

Besides .... no matter how hard bimmer tries, there will still always be that deep down irritation and frustration knowing that it's still not a Benz.

Being a Benz is something of a higher order, a higher plane.

Bimmer being far ahead .... not quite. And those turbos and superchargers are not just simple "bolt ons". They are specially designed and engineered from the beginning to be as solid as a rock and are way beyond normal turbos/superchargers.

And let's not even start going into looks. Bimmers have gotten so ugly recently that they're not even worth looking at anymore. Benz gets far more admiring looks from people, including beautiful and classy women. And ofcourse jealous and frustrated stares from bimmer owners LOLOLOL

Light weight interior, light weight body panels, lighter weight chassis, yes yes, before you know it, you're talking about a completely different car. The fact is, those AMG's will never be " light ". It's true that AMG cars are produced in great numbers overall, but any car with a price of well over $100,000, such as the SL and CL65, will never be " mass-produced ", like their stablemates.

I doubt very much the you could rack up a few hundred thousand hard miles on those cars without an expensive failure, thats just pie in the sky dreaming. If BMW's are so noticably inferior and ugly compared to a Benz, than why are you driving a 745 Li and not all Mercedes? You sound as though you are coming from an attitude of huge ego, the kind common among Mercedes drivers.

I can assure you, BMW is losing no sleep wishing they were Mercedes, they know exactly who they are, and have done a lot to spur Mercedes-Benz's stodgy ass in a sportier direction. And yes, there are many indications that BMW is just as advanced, if not more so than Benz.

Those turbos and superchargers may not be " bolt-ons ", but they are indeed, just turbos and superchargers. Your pompous statements lead on that God himself builds these cars. Knock it off, and come see reality.

amen.

furthermore, clear proof persian doesn't know what he's talking about.

the the 5.4L S/C AMG V8 has one, ONE, Lyscholm Screw-Type supercharger with helically cut gears, manufactured by IHI in japan. NOT, again NOT 2 superchargers.

2 Superchargers would be less efficient. if you knew anything about how they worked, you'd understand this.

I understand completely how superchargers work.

Also, as far as my 745 Li, I bought it brand new some months ago, it's a 2003 model ... and I don't like it. I'm selling it. The quality of construction is far inferior to my two other Mercedes. And the i-Drive is just ridiculous. I have pretty much every single special order option on it also .. fully loaded ..... I owned a 750 iL also a few years back ..... and I'll give them this: They have great take-off speed, great handling, but that's it. And I thought the looks of my new 745 Li would grow on me, but they haven't unfortunately. Nice car ....

P.S. -- Can't believe about the mistake I made over "Dual supercharged" .... it's one so you were right on that. But besides that one little misinformation .... I'm good on everything else .... :-)

And as for Benz giving it's owners some kind of ego boost ... I'd say that's definitely true ... it's so gratifying and satisfying to drive a Benz that I suppose it does have an effect on it's owners.

When you're driving an awesome product ... it feels very good

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...