EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M3 production stopped!

Gast RolandK

Empfohlene Beiträge

5 minutes ago I got a call from a friend of mine who told me that BMW stopped the production of the new M3.

They will modify the engine again. Afterwards it'll have 3hp less. And they will change the suspension as well.

That means more waiting time for current orders and less hp. :sad: :sad:

Roland

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

It is known that BMW was not satisfied with the current engine. From my point of view they found too many issues to fix.

Now they try to develop a new engine within a couple of "days".

Give me more time and I'll find out more informations.

Roland

• 2 Wochen später...

On 2001-09-14 19:38, RolandK wrote:

It is known that BMW was not satisfied with the current engine. From my point of view they found too many issues to fix.

Now they try to develop a new engine within a couple of "days".

Give me more time and I'll find out more informations.

Roland

Roland please inform us a little more. I need to know more. :smile:

I'm an employee of BMW of North America, LLC, and I was surprised and concerned when I read your post. I did some checking within BMW NA, and can't find anyone who's heard anything at all about this. The consensus is that this is just a rumor. If you ever need our assistance, you can reach us at 800-831-1117.

On 2001-09-26 21:05, BMW NA Customer Relations wrote:

I'm an employee of BMW of North America, LLC, and I was surprised and concerned when I read your post. I did some checking within BMW NA, and can't find anyone who's heard anything at all about this. The consensus is that this is just a rumor. If you ever need our assistance, you can reach us at 800-831-1117.

Please do not forget, you are in US and I'm only 4 miles away from the M headquarter. I know the M CEO (Mr. Prommesberger, as a BMW employee you should know this name) and the engineers doing the engine development.

Roland

For the last two weeks I've followed the progress of my own car as well as several others. They've all made it to completion and awaiting shipping. My own car is 150 as of this week.

Considering all the cars that have made it to completion during the last two weeks, there is no evidence of a halt in production. Any significant halt would have caused delays. There has not been a single delay since my car was ordered. In fact, it's a week ahead of schedule.

If any changes to the M3 engine were made, they could have been phased into immediate production without a halt, as were the M5 piston and vanos changes.

It's been almost 3 weeks but no additional information has been presented. The continuation of cars reaching 155 / 170 has not changed. Obviously their production was not stopped. I should see 155 next week. If it's not I'll let you know.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Gast RolandK,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Roland, I see that you have 5.1 s or something listed for the 0-60 (rather, the 0-62 time). Why is that, when I have seen American tests (with American M3s with 10 hp less) that have had between 4.5 and 4.8 s ? Granted, 62 is 2 more than 60, but can the difference be up 0.6 s? Thats quite significant. Thanks.

Remember that the north american E46 M3s are NOT 10hp less. They are 5hp less. The remaining 5 hp difference is due to a different standard of measure for HP.

There are many causes for different performance... temp, altitude, humitity, etc, but probably none as great as driver technique, which is probably the main reason for the difference you're seeing.

• 1 Monat später...

Hi all,

Last thursday I was at the BMW plant in Regensburg. This is where they build the M3 among others.

I wanted to see the process of an M3 from start to finish and it was great! Very interesting stuff!

The BMW folks there clearly stated that at no time was there a production stop with the M3 except in the very beginning when it was decided to do modifications to the engine because of overheating problems.

Right now 40 M3's are being produced daily. Most of the cars I saw where with SMG.

I also saw a purple M3 standing at "Individual". It also had purple inserts on the seats. An eye catcher for sure.

This means I'm quiet confident that I'll get mine on schedule :smile:

I'll have an "Impressions" of my visit to the BMW plant up on my site soon.

• 1 Monat später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...