EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

The 1000hp version of the SSC emerges

mv

Empfohlene Beiträge

The car I mentioned in "Ultimate cars of the future" thread is here !

ultimateaero.jpg

The latest high performance variant of the SSC Aero made its debut at the 2005 Concorso Italiano in Monterey, CA. The car was specifically created to challenge the 250 mph barrier, and with recent top speed attempts by Koenigsegg and Bugatti, the car will have to achieve that number if it wants to hold the title of 'World's Fastest Production Car'. Following the creation of the 787 horsepower 'Standard' Aero, the Ultimate version features enhanced body work with improved downforce at higher speed, as well as a more powerful version of the supercharged V8 engine in the standard car. An increase in boost, a modified cam, and an upgraded fuel delivery system help the engine make over 1,000 hp, topping the

Bugatti Veyron. The car is also lighter by 200 pounds due to lightweight materials. The bodywork alone weighs under 150 lbs. The visual differences can mostly be seen in the rear of the car, which is sloped behind the cockpit and ends in a small spoiler. Using the testing in the windtunnel, the 250 mph should be achievable if a suitable track can be found. High speed test runs are planned for later this year.

http://www.fast-autos.net/ssc/sscultimateaero.html

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • 2 Wochen später...

I took a look at an SSC Aero at an exotic auto store a few months ago. wow, did it look gooood! They were selling it for only...."cha-ching" $287,000. :o I guess compared to the prices of the other supercars, that figure does appear to be pretty competitive. I went on the SSC Aero website and watched the video of them dyno testing it. The sound that engine makes is

Sweeeet!! :)

• 4 Wochen später...
  • 1 Monat später...

I would much rather a 2005 Dodge Hennessey SRT-10 Viper Venom 1000 Coupe. More bang for your buck. It's just too bad it's a limited-edition car. With specs like:

0-60 mph 2.9 seconds.

Top Speed 255 mph | 410.3 km/h (estimated)

Power 1,000.0 BHP @ 5,000.0 RPM

Torque 1,100.0 Ft-Lbs @ 3,800.0 RPM

who can complain, right? In my opinion, its one of the hottest look vipers to be produced. dodge_viper_venom1000_manu_01.jpg

dodge_viper_venom1000_manu_02.jpg

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z10370/default.aspx

• 2 Wochen später...

" Limited Edition " nothing. Fork over enough cash and I'm sure they would build you one just like it. They just may not call it a Venom 1000 coupe, but you'd get the goods.

Even if you had to take Hennessy to court to get your car back. :)

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...