SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo unveiled !

cstavaru

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 72
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

I never thought much of the S7, but this is a big jump up in my eyes - that's serious hardware, and what stats! Finally an American supercar that can possibly whip the best from Italy.

It still looks long as hell, but the interior now looks fitting for a car in it's price range.

Something tells me one of the biggest goals of the Konnigsegg, is a lost cause.

As far as I'm concerned nobody has yet (or IMO will ever) produce a better car than the Koenigsegg's.

There's still a margin of morals into a supercar. I guarantee the S7 will be outright horrible for gas mileage. Although, I've always liked the styling on the S7 because it's so edgy and almost borderline insanely racey.

It also sounds bad as hell too.

Isn't this car in a tv-advertisement for Gillette, Mach 3 Turbo?

I knew I saw this car somewhere. First I wasn't sure if the advertisement was Gillette or this car!

The Koeniggsegg is purely meant to be the fastest car, not much for downforce, but for minimum drag - but downforce is there but not as much as you need for trackdriving. Only to prevent it from flying!

thunf, you seem misinformed. The koenigsegg is in fact very balanced and one of the greatest track cars yet made. It can pull greater than 1.3g on the skidpad, and creates over 800lbs of downforce at speed. In fact, its drag coefficient is a fairly modest .28. It could be lower if top end was all they wanted. The Koenigsegg CC's body was developed with help from Saab Aerospace and their windtunnel. Also, at 560,000 USD, the twin turbo S7 costs nearly twice what a CC costs, and still well more than the more powerful CCR. I'm glad to see Saleen do it though. In terms of the body however, the turbo S7 isn't that much changed.

I think the car in the Gillette ads was just a red S7, not a twin-turbo.

As for the Egg, I think their greatest accomplishment is convincing many people into believing that they have the worlds best supercar. The Koenigsegg will be eclipsed soon, if it hasn't been already. I still think that car is 90% hype.

The S7 is wide out in the open for everyone to see, it's not hiding behind a curtain of "development".

Yeah, that S7 seems legit. Koenigsegg doesn't even go racing, how do they prove their product? The S7 did undergo aero changes, but you have to look close. There is a new rear diffuser and they changed the rear wing package. It seems like they messed with the front as well.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo cstavaru,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Koenigsegg isn't anymore closed up about development than anyone else, it's just that they aren't marketed in the US. They don't race because they are a start up. Lotec is secretive. Pagani doesn't race. The Saleen S7 is a great car. It's also very expensive, even for a supercar. In terms of theory, it's a different theory than mclaren took. McLaren wanted not only fast, but a dynamic car that had razor reflexes, and turbochargers just don't offer that. Mclaren used active aerodynamics, whereas the S7 has 64 vents. From my limited training in aerodynamics, the more convoluted path air takes, the more drag. The S7, if I remember right has a drag coefficient of .30. Pretty low, low enough to go fast. I'd like to see a torque curve of the new twin turbo motor. The old 7.0 427 had good top end, we'll have to see if this gives the extra power.

I think the car in the Gillette ads was just a red S7, not a twin-turbo.

As for the Egg, I think their greatest accomplishment is convincing many people into believing that they have the worlds best supercar. The Koenigsegg will be eclipsed soon, if it hasn't been already. I still think that car is 90% hype.

The S7 is wide out in the open for everyone to see, it's not hiding behind a curtain of "development".

The Eggy rapes any car in basically any situation. It's all hype because you don't want to believe it's the best, when it is.

Pagani doesn't race, but there has been a Zonda race car, developed by another firm - the Zonda GR GTS.

Pagani%20Zonda%20P4%202.jpg

Koenigsegg is a start up who hasn't raced anything yet. If they can afford to build that car, they should be able to dig up the funds for a racing program - or at least market a stripped race car. I think they're just a little timid to really prove that the CC is all they say it is. It's easy to claim domination when nobody has seen it lose - because they don't race.

It's not really hard to build the fastest top speed car, if that's what you really want. Anyone like Saleen could equip the S7 Twin-Turbo with the right gearing and the record would be in the bag.

Either way though, the F1 carries a mistique of "the ultimate" that no other car could ever take away from it.

By "the ultimate" ultimate meaning never can be surpassed. The F1 is a washed up has been and been that way for years now. There are FWD cars that have better slalom #'s and G-force #'s than it produces which is horrifically sad.

I believe the F1 is nothing but a relic and a stone age supercar. It belongs in a museum for the rest of it's life because it is nothing special at all anymore or hasn't been for the last half decade.

As I recall, you've never felt much for the F1. That car carries with it a mistique of the ultimate. Like an 80 year old man who was a world heavy weight boxing champ can carry a mistique of "the greatest" - even if the paper boy could kick his ass now.

As for being stone age, no way. We're still talking about it after all these years, so I think most cars still haven't caught up yet. There may be few FF cars that produce higher numbers in some catagories, but they aren't the McLaren F1.

There may be few FF cars that produce higher numbers in some catagories

Actually there are an extreme amount of FWD vehicles that handle better than the F1. Even when my Eclipse was stock it had a better slalom than the F1 :D

but they aren't the McLaren F1.

As far as I'm concerned that's a good thing :P Only way the F1 is so much better is because it's more expensive. Then you could sell it and buy hundred's of cars that are 100x better than it.

Can anyone believe he actually said that? :???:

Oh there's no doubt in my mind my Eclipse would murder the F1 on a track. He'll definitely have me in the straight-aways by at least a second ahead but when we get in the curves I guarantee he'd be toast. Only way it'd win is if the course had a bunch of straight shots.

So let me guess, you think just because a car is a supercar that no other modified car can beat it?? I can't believe you'd actually think that. You think just because my car is FWD I can't beat any other car??? That's pretty moronic thinking man.

Even the slower Designs GTS Race Car has beat 911 turbo's on the track and it was only stage one supercharged.

Don't think just because it's a supercar it can't be challenged or beat because there are tons of people here and in Atlanta that would prove you completely wrong.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...