EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Caballo Oscuro Viper Bi-Turbo ...

LateNightCable

Empfohlene Beiträge

Caballo Oscuro Viper Bi-Turbo ...

008.jpg

I had to dig around for information on this car, but I'd heard of it's existance -

The newest Viper tuner in the game is from Spain of all places. Caballo Oscuro - which mean "Dark Horse" in Spanish - has released some performance figures from an independant test by respected Spanish auto magazine Mierda Del Coche. The tuned Viper which Caballo Oscuro founder Carlos Portanz claims is " faster in every way than a Ferrari Enzo " is set to make Spain the leader in Viper tuning, even ahead of Hennessy of the United States, whom Mr. Portanz claimed was a " total dickhead ". During a small press conference near the tuner's headquarters in Alicante, Mr. Potanz who made most of his money exporting wheat germ and apple sauce, said that from the very beginning the Viper held him in thrall. " When the Viper was introduced, I was fascinated, utterly consumed by the thought of this wild car. When I finally own one, I ( fell in love ). "

In 1998, he set about fullfilling his dream of creating the ultimate Viper, by putting together a team of some of the most skilled people he knew in the auto industry, many of them friends, including well known race manager Roberto Estivasio. Also teaming with Startech to supply carbon fiber bodywork and wheels. " I had this dream, and thankfully, they shared it with me, and we made it a reality. " Carlos said. Caballo Oscuro said that they plan to make their Viper available to the U.S. market by March 2005 at a price of $170,000 U.S. dollars. It will also include a 5 year/ 35,000 mile warranty on all parts and labor. The Caballo Oscuro Viper modifications include carbon fiber body work, and interior parts, strengthened internal componants to allow redline increase to 6,200 rpm., twin turbos and intercoolers, racing cams, titanium alloy pistons, recalibrated ECU, and revised fuel mapping among other things to put out a claimed 1,438hp. @ 6,100 and 813 lb.ft. @ 4,400.

This seems to be an understatement, since Mierda Del Coche revealed in their dyno test, a maximum of 1,396 hp. making it to the rear wheels. To cope with the power, the Viper has been revised with stronger, lighter weight control arms, massive Brembo brakes, a reprogrammed Mercedes-Benz 7-Gtronic transmission and wider tires. All the while promising to maintain "civil" road qualities. Here are a list of stats from the Mierda Del Coche test. Caballo Oscuro said their next venture will be a 2,000 hp. Mercedes CL65 with a target top speed of 220 mph and a 5,000 watt stereo system. Can't wait to see that one.

Caballo Oscuro Viper Bi-Turbo

Engine ............. 8.3 liter 20v twin turbocharged and intercooled V10

Power ............. 1,348 hp. - 813lb.ft. ( highly underated )

Curb Weight ..... 2,970 lbs.

0 - 60 .............. 2.8 seconds

1/4 mi.............. 10.7 @ 158 mph.

0 - 100 ............. 6 seconds.

Skidpad ........... 1.06g

Top Speed ........ 217 mph. ( redline limited )

Price ( including car ) ... $170,000 U.S.

Disclaimer - The Cabalo Oscuro Viper is a joke, and does not exist. Any similarity to any real car, living, dead, or undead is purely coincidental.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Damn. 1,438 horsepower and 813 ft. lbs. of torque, thats insane, I'm surprised it can only go 217, it should be able to at least go 230, with that pcuh power and torque. And a CL65 AMG with 2000 horse, thats just unbelieveable. But it is for luxury and performance, am I correct?

The CL65 will maintain the luxury, correct.

The Viper had test gearing. The actual tuning package will come with gears enableing the Caballo Oscuro to reach 230+. In a convertible!

V

V

V

V

V

I should probably fess up now, before this becomes too much of a rumor. I completely fabricated this story and everything in it as a joke ( except for Hennessy being a "total dick head" - that could be true ) . :lol: I was curious to see if anyone would catch on to the joke. Let this be a reminder to alway check your sources. If this were real, I would always mention the source.

Here are some clues to it's jokey nature that I wrote into the article ...

* The " respected Spanish car magazine " Mierda Del Coche is made up, and the name translates to Excrement of the Car, or basically, " Car Shit ".

* Carlos Portanz, the founder of Caballo Oscuro, made most of his fortune exporting wheat germ and apple sauce. Anything is possible, but is that silly or what?

* Racing cam(s) on a pushrod V10.

* 220 mph. Mercedes with 2,000 hp. and a 5,000 watt stereo system. 10 points to whomever can guess this was inspired by. O:-)

The car in the picture is a Startech Viper, with considerably less then 1,438hp I would imagine. :)

hmm. :-?

As there are 2000 hp dragbikes this came as no suprise! Could well be true. But I never found it on the google! :D But 7G was odd!

Ah, it was pushrod engine, it was that I meant some messages ago!

5000 watt! That was overkill! As you mention sound watts, I got myself tinnitus 5 years ago with 2x100 watts and only playing on half volume and took over half a year to get fully used to it!!! I take it as a wonder that I now feel better than never before... :-))!

But what about dragboats doing a quarter mile in under 5 seconds? True or false? :)

But what about dragboats doing a quarter mile in under 5 seconds? True or false? :)

Hmmm, I was thinking maybe false, especially in a boat. But I cheated and looked up drag boats, something I'd never heard of, and found a 1/4mi. time of 7.86 @ 144 mph. so maybe 5 seconds could be true?

By the way, would you consider me an exceptionally good liar? O:-)

well i read a lot of what you said with a puzzled look on my face. then i read the disclaimer, the puzzled look went away but still had no idea why you even posted it. i read the other peoples posts and it all made sense.

i was wondering about the "shit of the car" that was really odd to me when i first read it.

i would say you are a good liar. not exceptional though. that word is reserved for those that are gullable. exceptionally gullable.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo LateNightCable,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
the URL says Startech Viper :lol:

I said the wheels and bodywork were from Startech to throw people off. Just in case they looked at the URL.

Believe me, I could make up a more believable story. Didn't want to make it too hard to figure out, in case there are some exceptionally gullable people here. :lol:

Hmmm, I was thinking maybe false, especially in a boat. But I cheated and looked up drag boats, something I'd never heard of, and found a 1/4mi. time of 7.86 @ 144 mph. so maybe 5 seconds could be true?

It was a lie! 5.16 seconds, very close but not under 5!! Exceptional good liar? ... naah!

You kidding? I'm an exceptionally creative liar. I could sell a cooty catcher to eskimos in the middle of winter and make them think it was a time machine O:-) . But I wouldn't. Creative or not, that's funny.

eskimo_fairies.jpg

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...