EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Best Performance Tuner

Speedster25

Empfohlene Beiträge

Which car tuner, do you all think is the best, any one. I think that the best tuner would have to be Hennessey or Lingfelter. Then Koenig comes in behind them. There are many others but those three I think are the best.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

if you meant car tuners like AMG and ///M, ///M would be my choice. whereas if you meant ones like brabus and alpine, i would pick brabus, but if you meant tuners in general i would say probably for rims....fox racing, seats....recaro etc.

which did you mean?

Impossible to lump them all together, so I'll catigorize.

My choices for best tuners ...

North American - Lingenfelter

BMW - Alpina

Mercedes - Brabus

Factory - BMW M

Not too familiar with tuners of other makes, so I'll reserve judgment.

I'd say Mine's on TODAY'S Skylines like the BNR34 are awesome tuners.

For North America probably Hennessey, no matter his popularity.

For Europe I'd say, Hamann.

For factory i'd say, ///M.

For Other DEFINITELY Mine's.

I could careless how he treats others, as long as he treats me fine I wouldn't have a problem with him.

Hence, why you saw my post says REGARDLESS OF HIS POPULARITY!

I'm not a media based consumer, I could careless how he treats other people. If he treated me with respect, did a great job on my car AND made it incredibly fast he's alright with me. :-))!

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Speedster25,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Verschiedenes über Autos (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I think that AMG is just as good factory tuner than BMW, but better with their engines. They're geniuses, and have shown me that their are quite good. I'd sue him if I found out, then I wouldn't need to tune my Viper :-))!

Skyline, if it were your car Hennessy was tuning, which it would be if you were having it $$ tuned $$, then you would deffinately care. Anyone would care, and should.

The reason I think Lingenfelter is the best North American tuner is because their business practices are spotless from what I know, and they can take any GM vehicle and transform it into a bullet proof muscle machine. The fact that Decatur Indiana is not far from me is secondary actually. They're just really good tuners.

Speedster, I would have to disgree strongly that AMG are "better" with engines than ///M, or BMW for that matter. They know a thing or two about forced induction, but there is no way they are able to derive the same level of output to displacement that ///M can. They just don't employ the technology that they could be. And that's just talking about the engines', not the rest of the car. But ///M and AMG operate by quite different philosophies, including how they generate power, so I won't get into this too much.

Mercedes' 5.4L V8 with a supercharger, a fairly simple engine is effective, but yet even with forced induction, the artfully race-inspired high tech 5.0L V10 from ///M makes more power. AMG makes good motors, i'll agree, M makes better cars, better handling, more dynamic, driver's cars. They are the ultimate DRIVING machines. AMG makes fast cars with very impressive engines, M makes very impressive cars all around. Nothing on AMG, but M's cars are more well rounded. My picks

North American cars: Saleen (tuner of Ford cars) - the man works magic, all around he makes ford cars that start out simple and inexpensive the equals of world class supercars. Lingenfelter and Hennessy might make faster cars, none are better rounded than Steve Saleen's ponies.

European Cars: Dinan (tuner of BMW cars), Dinan may not have the prestige of Alpina, AC Schnitzer, or Hamann, but cars like his S2-M5 show exactly how great a tuner he is, he both brings performance to the limits and at the same time makes them more drivable. For context, Dinan's naturally aspirated E39 S2-M5 outperforms the new E60 M5 in nearly every measurable way.

Factory: ///M (BMW), the first and the best, their cars set the standard and are mark by which others are judged. Theirs are not always the fastest, but always the most well rounded and pleasing driver's cars.

Saleen should be out of competition for the horrid, putrid, stinking pile of crap they call the "N20 Focus," which doesn't even come with nitrous. It comes "nitrous-ready." What great tuning eh guys?

Lingenfelter is great, how about putting Road Race Motorsports up, thats in my area. Great on Porsches.

hold on for the quote

“During development we played with turbocharging and supercharging,” Saleen continued, “but our real-world research out on the ‘streets’ led us to a concept we call ‘nitrous ready’ to keep the Focus at an affordable price level. And, naturally, the N2O Focus model will incorporate the neck-turning styling, suspension tuning, race-proven aero package and performance-focused interior, that is the DNA of every Saleen automobile.”

And for $24,399 you get this automobile, which is pretty much a Focus with a body kit. That's right, no turbo, no nitrous, "nitrous-ready." What rot.

This is race proven aero?

focus6.jpg

Oh man, you're not kidding, that is a turd. And I don't use that term loosely. I think Saleen can be pretty amaturish sometimes, kind of cheesy Americana. The Focus N20 Ready is all styling - "race proven", yeah right. :lol:

Don't you love the way the wheels are sucked ino the wells like a Grumman mail truck?

Saleen is very good, they do a great job on the mustangs, but I do have to agree that the focus isn't a good car at all, first of all the thing is ugly. Second, it doesn't prove what Saleen can really do. I also agree that MB does make larger engines but most of their cars have more power and torque than BMW unless you are talking about the //M5.

the N20 is about handling.

In terms of the average MB being more powerful, not true. The best selling BMW models outperform nearly all of their best selling merc counterparts. The few exceptions are like the S600, which sells very few units.

Yeah, V12 cars are a very, very small segment of the car market. A flash in the pan.

N20 ready, hah, my '95 Honda Passport is N20 ready, but I didn't pay 25k for it. But seriously, it just seems like a miss. If Saleen isn't out to produce the ultimate Focus, why bother? And the Focus has only limited potential for handling greatness. Sometimes I wonder if these make specific tuners dream of getting their hands on someone else's car. Saleen is limited to Fords, aside for the Mustang, not a lot to work with there. A budget tuner car seems a little iffy too.

They mean it comes with everything needed except a bottle of 75 shot (Naaaaawwwwwwzzzzz) and some necessary wiring. It's still bs. They claime they thought of turbo and supercharging, thats just plain bs as well. Chevy Cobalt, Saturn Ion Redline, Dodge Neon SRT-4, and Mazdaspeed Protege all have forced induction. Why doesn't Ford want to keep up with the pack? They must be trying to compete with the Civic Si, which is also a joke. But seriously, Steve Saleen must be spending his time with the S7 or Mustang, because the Focus is a joke.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...