EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Dodge Viper questions

viperclub

Empfohlene Beiträge

Just registered on the Web site and wanted to lend any help I could to those interested in the Dodge Viper.

I'm the editor of VIPER Magazine and would be happy to try to answer any questions you might have about the car.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Mark Giannotta

Editor in Chief

VIPER Magazine

• 2 Wochen später...
Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I am wondering about the reliability & maintenance of Hennessey Motorsports Viper modifications... Specifically the SRT10 Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Upgrade. Do you know of any unwarranted complaints? Cautions, suggestions, or advice? Thanks.

• 3 Wochen später...

i can tell you that hennessy ices the motor after ever run. either motor trend or car and driver poked fun at him for it last super-tuner car even they had. cars like that are more sensitive and finecky by their very nature. expect them to be higher maintanance.

hey, i didn't come up with this method, Hennessy does it. I figure he knows more about 1000hp vipers than i do, and if he puts ice on the manifold, i'm going to hope it does something besides help his obsessive compulsive issues.

• 2 Wochen später...

Viper Club...if he is truly the editor of Viper magazine is going to avoid that question like the plague because Hennessey and the VCA don't get a long at all...to the point where John is banned from the VCA....

Anthony

• 2 Monate später...
I'm wondering if plopping a bag of ice atop the manifold really helps cool the motor any substantial degree.

A bag of ice on the intake manifold cools it between runs. Colder air equals more dense air and more oxygen for a given volume of air. That all ads up to more power.

Hennessey has been sued by a few customers for things like keeping cars for waaaaay too long, and not delivering the power that he quoted for a certian price.

putting ice on the manifold works, but a lot of tracks wont allow it cus they want to keep the track dry.... so use dry ice. ooooorrr just have composite intake manifolds... or at least gaskets and dont worry about heat soak at all

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo viperclub,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
putting ice on the manifold works, but a lot of tracks wont allow it cus they want to keep the track dry.... so use dry ice. ooooorrr just have composite intake manifolds... or at least gaskets and dont worry about heat soak at all

DING!

i have 10mm phenolic spacers insulating my IM from the heads. no heat soak what so ever now, until you park. then obviously everything heatsoaks.

before the intake mani would get so hot you couldnt touch it after driving. now it stays ice cold.

• 2 Monate später...

My 318i's M42 has a thermal isolator from the factory. It also doesn't make 1000hp, so I'm not sure how effective their factory solution is. The viper is limited by it's fairly old fashion archetecture engine. 4 valves just open a lot of doors i terms of performance.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...