EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

BMW M3 modifications

sschouest

Empfohlene Beiträge

Im new, Can someone give me information on the M3's capabilities. I have a M3 and i'm thinking vortech supercharge but..im a new to bmws ...any info towards performance and modifications will greatly help.... suggestions towards exhaust...tell me what to get..i'll get it

thanks, sschouest

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I wouldn't use force induction on an E46 M3 simply because it's hardly improbable to do it and have your engine running safely. The M3's engine is already at 11.5:1 in compression which is way too high for any type of forced induction ex. nitrous, turbo or super.

It all basically depends on how much money you're willing to dump in this car really. If you have an ass load of money ready to dump into this car then PM Gladiator and ask him about his setup. He has an E46 M3 CSL that's supercharged and he says it's done very safely. Just PM him with what you want to do with your M3 and he'll tell you what to get/do.

Just be ready to shell out some major ass cash when doing this. Doing this will make the words "expensive upgrades" a complete understatement.

Gladiator, running on fumes :lol: .

I assume you want to keep it civil right SS? E46 M3 is not as fun as E36 to to modify, because it's very highly tuned from the start. Modding under the hood to any great degree could be dangerous to your engine like Skyline mentioned. An aftermarkt exhaust though would be a good thing to look into, and could improve the sound of the car as well. I've heard good things about Remus and their setup for the E46. - www.remus-racing.com

No need to spend " major ass cash ", but if you really wanted to make the car faster, I would suggest shedding some of it's weight first of all. As in stripping out anything that is not needed to make it go. Interior fittings, sound insulation etc. But you would have a pretty rough ride, and there is really only so much that can be done here, because at over 3,400 lbs. the E46 M3 is really just a mechanically heavy car period.

HMM.

What would you do if I said that you could make you're E46 M3 just a shade over 3,000lbs? It would be ghetto as shit, sure, but fast.

A simple fact stands that the E46 never sounds that good with any exhaust, but it isn't a bad idea.

Dinan can get hp up to about 380, which is a lot, especially if you gut like crazy and get the weight down.

I like to think of the Alpina cars as what would happen if AMG ever tuned Bimmers. They do some cool and stylish stuff, it just lacks a certain edge that people like hamann, dinan, schnitzer, and in house ///M have.

Now amg is a strange company. They put on a compressor, add a styling kit, possibly change the suspension, slap on a amg badge and leave the weight at ten tons. Then they call it a sports car.

Alpina is a little different in their approaches, they actually drill out the engine change engine managment systems, replace stock components and make sure it drives uncompromised. I think of Alpina as a split between amg and brabus. Ofcourse it is nowhere near to kleemann.

Ac-Schnitzel is kind of a brabus clone for bmw. They replace the engines with much larger volumes compromising the weight distribution in a much larger quantity than lets say alpina. But if you notice they dont mess an awful lot with M's.

All in all I wouldnt change anything in a m3(except if it came with smg, i would replace it with manual). If I was looking for more kapoow I would save up for the csl. M machines are as good as they get and they should be respected as the ultimate.

If it is wanted, then my suggestion would be m power division, which is going against my original post but I didnt think about it. Sorry if you already shipped it to them. Just tell them to forward it to Munich.

AMG has gotten tired of their superchargers (which worked really well) and now find happiness in sticking engines that are way too big in cars way not too big.

A tiny ass SLk with a 5.4L AMG V8. Just doesn't make sense. The AMG cars are luxury performance, one thing I DO fault them for is tires. Their rims and tires are too small. Simple as that.

And as far as weight goes, I don't remember the last time M-Power started with a stock BMW and made it lighter. M3 is the heaviest 3, M5 the heaviest 5, and so on.

As for AMG and alpina, Alpina cars don't have the edge M cars do, they are more finessed and less steel balls, kinda like AMG, laid back tuning.

The way AMG goes about their business, you would never know they are an in-house tuner with an all access pass to the family toy box. They still act like a tuner, rather than a fully integrated performance engineering wing like BMW M.

M cars are completely reworked, whereas AMG is simply happy to bolt on. As for the SLK55, I can't believe that actually made production, how looney.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo sschouest,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Yeah, no kidding. A car with a wheelbase well under 100 inches with a 5.4L V8 engine up front. That sounds like something only like, Ford, or some hillbilly in his garage would actually try to pull off. Notice that the SLK55 is not any faster than an SLK32, a lot of good it did, what you got is a heavier car with worse weight distrobution, worse handling, and it isn't any faster, Great Job AMG on taking a fairly amazing car and making it kinda sad.

AMG is getting closer and closer, remember it was only a few years ago that Mercedes actually bought out AMG, for a long time the opperated independently, so they have been slowly integrating for a while, wheras M started in house in the 70s and has been there ever since, fully inside.

sschouest,

Check out RMS of Southern California. Pretty sure thier kit for the e 46 is out. I think it's rated at 460hp. I've had thier stage II kit on my e 36 M3 for about 3 years and runs great. Meets smog in California, no problem. The products and programs are very well thought out.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...