EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

[ROUMOR] Specs of the engines for 2005 C-Class

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

I'm not sure whether this is true but these numbers look very realistic and very sweet aswell.

The new C-Class will start with the C180 which will ofcourse have a 1.8 liter engine, twinspark, variable valve timing, variable camshaft timing and direct gasoline injection. Besides from a intercooler like looking cooled air intake up front it's totaly NA.

Here are the numbers:

1793 ccm displacement

145 kw (197 hp) @ 5200 rpm

220 Nm @ 2500 to 4200 rpm

0 - 100 in 8.2 seconds

Top Speed 232 km/h

Fuel consumption 7.2 litres NEDC combined

EU-4 emission compliance

:o

If these numbers are true then this is officaly the worlds fastest, envoiremental friendliest and economic 1.8 liter 4 cylinder. This is really going to give eveybodt a run for their money.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

A 1.8L 4-cylinder making 197hp is impressive but being at 3,166lbs (roughly my estimate) that's a bit hefty. That's incredibly slow since the Eclipse GT is 3,142lbs, 200hp and does the 0-60 in 7 flat.

So i'm guessing this does a 1/4 mile in 16.2-5 seconds???

I don't find that unduely impressive, especially considering the weight in excess of 3,000 lbs. The handsomly chisled ( in my opinion ) Toyota Celica, also with a 1.8L four of 180 hp. Although a very small coupe, could deliver mileage in the 36 mpg range. That car weighed around 2,500 - 2,600 lbs.

For real environmental friendlines, as far as gas engines go, I think small displacement, combined with low weight is the key. Mercedes could learn something from the old saying " keep it simple stupid. "

I don't find that unduely impressive, especially considering the weight in excess of 3,000 lbs. The handsomly chisled ( in my opinion ) Toyota Celica, also with a 1.8L four of 180 hp. Although a very small coupe, could deliver mileage in the 36 mpg range. That car weighed around 2,500 - 2,600 lbs.

For real environmental friendlines, as far as gas engines go, I think small displacement, combined with low weight is the key. Mercedes could learn something from the old saying " keep it simple stupid. "

As always is Latenight critisising Mercedes for whatever they do.

Toyota Celica is a cool car I'd never buy. Can't understand how you compare that one just because of the engine. Try comparing a BMW Z4 3.0i to a BMW 530i.

You are thinking bit double nature here, you have critisised Mercedes engines because of the opposite before. Why not tell BMW too to keep it simple stupid"? Why use advanced valvetronic, why use double vanos, why use variable intakemanifold etc... double nature.

As always is Latenight critisising Mercedes for whatever they do.

You haven't met Kevin321 before have you? :lol:

Why use advanced valvetronic, why use double vanos, why use variable intakemanifold etc...

Why indeed?

You are thinking bit double nature here, you have crtisised Mercedes engines because of the opposite before. Why not tell BMW too to keep it simple stupid"?

Simple is not bad. The only thing I have critisised Mercedes for in the past, regarding their engines is their penchant for excessively large displacement and forced induction. A green machine should be kept simple to keep costs down, in turn encouraging the public to give them a shot .

Why would displacement not keep cost down, uh?

Mercedes have been simple and have engines with 3 valves instead, no variable valvetiming and so on. That was a bad thing according to you wasn't it? A little more material doesn't cost much. It's just that when the displacement is exclusive for a model, then it's expensive becaue of the topmodel.

And they've been critisized for just that, simplicity.

Now we are seeing something new coming, already critisizied, it's simply a bad tone from you and Kevin because of the star. It should be something else there, like Subaru, then you are happy.

i still think mercedes is behind the 8 ball as far as four cylinders go. with all of that technology they should be pushing a lot more.

i also agree that it should be lighter, that would just improve numbers all around...except for the survival rate when colliding with an suv.

from what ive read about it, im impressed with the .26 cd. thats pretty nice. the optional hands free windsheild wiper with rain dector is cool too.

i could very easily be wrong and my opion of the car is based on this: how much is 7.2 litres NEDC converted to mpg? is it around 36?

i also dont understand why there is all that technology that should be used across an rpm band that tops out at 4200. i mean reason for the variable everything is widening the powerband right?

We're talking about a different class of vehicle here, not spare no expense luxury cars. A car meant to be eco friendly has no use for a large displacement engine. They must be low cost, at least for now so the public will be more willing to try them, and they must use a minimum of fuel, and expell the least amount of emissions possible, for obvious reasons. A larger displacement gas engine is going to require more fuel, thus making the operating expense higher, thats' natural.

I never said things like variable valve timeing and so on were a " bad " thing, just not nesessary. It certainly doesn't make the cost of the car any cheaper. But VVT used to be a big thing, now it's in lower priced cars. Cars in the luxury realm are expected to break new ground in some way, ( at least for the sake of efficiency ) the technology of which then trickles down to less expensive cars ( like VVT ). Engine-wise, Mercedes has never been a leader in this field, this is true. Again, I personally don't think this has to be bad, I love the Bentley Arnage, and thats' fairly low-tech, but thats' another world altogether.

So basically, what I mean by " keep it simple stupid " is that, as far as an eco car goes, Mercedes makes it more complicated than it has to be, driving costs up. But then when did MB ever care about rational priceing?

Also, I would say you're being a little " double natured ". You yourself Thunf stated in another thread that Mercedes can do nothing right. ??

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GIR,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Mercedes (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I was just trying to make a statement like it would have coming from you Latenight!

Your certainly free to buy a honda, they are getting more quiet inside and comfortable. But it isn't a luxury car yet. The C is a good car I'd rather have, you are free to critizise but I haven't seen anything you like about mercedes. When you critizised Mercedes for using plastic bumbers you should critizise the entire market for that. I like plastic bumbers, then its cheaper to buy new.. looks is what it really should be like.

"A car meant to be eco friendly has no use for a large displacement engine"

Let's give an example. I know from experience in 1995 that a Mondeo 1.6 takes more fuel than 1.8. That is natural as the bigger discplacement don't need to push as much. Those engines are exacly the same, bigger bore is the difference.

"So basically, what I mean by "' keep it simple stupid '" is that, as far as an eco car goes, Mercedes makes it more complicated than it has to be, driving costs up."

- Mercedes is a luxury car, buy anything else if you want it simple! your free to do that, but people buy mercedes because they may have tried it out.

I was just trying to make a statement like it would have coming from you Latenight!

If you don't think my statements towards Mercedes have been fair, then you obviously have not been around here long enough to know better.

I haven't seen anything you like about mercedes.

I like the high quality things about Mercedes, and they build their cars with a very solid structure, maybe not in the ageless way they used to, but they're still good. Mercedes are also traditionally very stable cruisers. I like those things.

When you critizised Mercedes for using plastic bumbers you should critizise the entire market for that.

I didn't criticise plastic bumpers, I criticised cheap plastic grills, and yes, I fault practically the entire market on that. Mercedes also uses cheap plastic door handles. I expect more of a premium automobile, wouldn't you?

Let's give an example. I know from experience in 1995 that a Mondeo 1.6 takes more fuel than 1.8. That is natural as the bigger discplacement don't need to push as much.

This is where the light weight comes in. Small displacement and light weight are very important. The said Mondeo is really too large to benefit much from such small powerplant as a 1.6. Not a great match.

Mercedes is a luxury car.

Then perhaps the low cost eco car market is not for them. Although you know how MB must have it's finger in every pie. But as you say, we are all free to buy whatever we want.

I'm not sure whether this is true but these numbers look very realistic and very sweet aswell.

Here are the numbers:

1793 ccm displacement

145 kw (197 hp) @ 5200 rpm

220 Nm @ 2500 to 4200 rpm

0 - 100 in 8.2 seconds

Top Speed 232 km/h

Fuel consumption 7.2 litres NEDC combined

EU-4 emission compliance

:o

It seems a bit optimistic especially since peak power is at only at 5200rpm. look at any car with 80kw/L, the peak power is usually 7000+rpm.

I like Mercedes allot but I never thrust rumours, especially not figures. No way the peak power is on that rpm. impossible if NA.

When I see that engine I believ it but i'd never discuss a rumour too much..

And Latenight! Yes we are free to buy whatever we want, don't then tell me what is right and wrong - you should always include "according to me" when claiming things...

I've tried a Mazda 6, I'd never buy that car because it feels as the engine is just as the 323 1.5 from 97. And I also think the same about honda. When I close the door it doesn't sound good. Also the sound inside is pretty loud in comparison to the C. The C is pretty lightweight, my C from 97 is bigger but more lightweight than my previous mondeo...

Thunf, I never stated anything about " right and wrong ", and anything in the forum that is not a spec, is likely to be someone's opinion. Thats' why we're here, to express opinions and stories. Don't put a lot of store in rumours, you have that right.

And a 1997 C-Class is not lighter than a Mondeo. Mercedes have never been low cost or light. And for as much as an MB costs, I should hope it's quiet inside.

"And a 1997 C-Class is not lighter than a Mondeo. Mercedes have never been low cost or light. And for as much as an MB costs, I should hope it's quiet inside."

- Hey! I've owned them both and compared the papers! The Mondeo was exactly 1450 kg while the Merc is 1330 kg. Moreover, I have a diesel in the C. The C you are talking about might be the avantgarde with most equipments? I have no idea why people complains about heavyweight Mercedes. A comparable Audi turn the scale in the same range, the same with BMW in exception of M3 CSL.

And you said you hope it's quiet inside. Then you haven't tried a Mercedes at all, have you? Then I understand you got somewhat wrong picture.

I have no idea why people complains about heavyweight Mercedes. A comparable Audi turn the scale in the same range, the same with BMW in exception of M3 CSL.

It's not the weight of Mercedes so much, but other manufacturers can handle it better.

And you said you hope it's quiet inside. Then you haven't tried a Mercedes at all, have you? Then I understand you got somewhat wrong picture.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the intricasies of the English language. Saying I hope is not saying that I don't know.

What was your original beef all along, I forgot?

It's not the weight of Mercedes so much, but other manufacturers can handle it better.

How? You mean the chassie and suspension of Mercedes cars are bad?

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the intricasies of the English language. Saying I hope is not saying that I don't know.

What was your original beef all along, I forgot?

You have tried and you think Mercedes are loud inside? what Mercedes did you try?

You always complains on Mercedes, just because the brand.

You finally figured out how to make quotes, congratulations!

Thunf, I really think you are trying to pick an argument by putting words in my mouth. Other manufacturers often handle their weight better, that doesn't mean Mercedes chassis and suspensions are " bad ". They're just fine for MBs' purposes. And when have I ever said Mercedes were " loud " inside? Never.

I gave you a sampling of things I like about MB cars, what do you expect me to do, say they are the best cars in the world and nothing can touch them? Jeez. Say it yourself, but don't drag others through the mud if they don't agree.

Remember, we're here to exchange opinions and stories. We know where you stand, and you should know where I stand. So please drop the argument, it's taking up a lot of space.

You finally figured out how to make quotes, congratulations!

Thunf, I really think you are trying to pick an argument by putting words in my mouth. Other manufacturers often handle their weight better, that doesn't mean Mercedes chassis and suspensions are " bad ". They're just fine for MBs' purposes. And when have I ever said Mercedes were " loud " inside? Never.

I gave you a sampling of things I like about MB cars, what do you expect me to do, say they are the best cars in the world and nothing can touch them? Jeez. Say it yourself, but don't drag others through the mud if they don't agree.

Remember, we're here to exchange opinions and stories. We know where you stand, and you should know where I stand. So please drop the argument, it's taking up a lot of space.

Where I stand?!! Is this a joke? Kick me out then if you like. One less talking here. I don't meen you have to say they are the best cars, but I see a pattern where you critizise the cars for what also should be critisised of lots of other brands but you don't. Nah, what does this change. It went too far.

You're not getting kicked out, you're allowed to speak your peace. But I don't see where you get the idea that I hold some particular grudge against MB. How many of my posts have you actually read? If I critisize Mercedes for something and not others, it's probably because Mercedes is the topic being discussed at the moment, like it is now. I don't play favorites, even for BMW. If there is something I don't care for, I'll make it known.

Just don't think I have it out for anything with a three-pointed star on the hood because I don't. In fact I recently looked at a burgundy 380SL with intent to buy ( baby pimp :wink: ). It had matching AMG wheels, and was a nice car.

You're not getting kicked out, you're allowed to speak your peace. But I don't see where you get the idea that I hold some particular grudge against MB. How many of my posts have you actually read? If I critisize Mercedes for something and not others, it's probably because Mercedes is the topic being discussed at the moment, like it is now. I don't play favorites, even for BMW. If there is something I don't care for, I'll make it known.

Just don't think I have it out for anything with a three-pointed star on the hood because I don't. In fact I recently looked at a burgundy 380SL with intent to buy ( baby pimp :wink: ). It had matching AMG wheels, and was a nice car.

Nice you took it good! I haven't read all your posts, but some. Have a nice day!

• 1 Monat später...
i wonder how it works ... ?

Active Noise Cancelation? Real easy, by counter phasing the sinus :)

No okay okay. You probably know that sounds are waves that travel through air right? What this does is predict what waves the engine and the road makes and then through the speakers of the car emit a wave that is completely in the opposite direction.

Imagine a sound has the imagenary value of 1. Then the onboard computer picks this up and emits a sound of the imagenary value of -1 through the speakers.

1 + -1 = 0 which means you're left with no noise.

Hope it helps, if it's not clear then i'll try to make it clear through images and stuff.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...