EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Did u see the 997? EWWW, WTF

V12sNuthinElse

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

The nose kinda reminds me ot a beetle.... The overall look doesn't really radiate sportscar. It's official Porsche has given into the corporate crap all the other manufacturers gave into aswell! It's judgementday I tell you!

Thats' what you get when you sleep with VW. I thought they made a return of the center reflector, now it's gone again?

I really think they are just hard pressed for ideas. Being in the car business requires one to stay fresh and new to keep the public's interest, while at the same time, the essential 911 design needs no changing. When they mess with it for the sake of change, the result is bound to be crumby. The 911 design reached it's peak within the last ten years. After this, there is really nowhere sensible to go.

Hah! I see more than a hint of Audi ( as filtered through VW ) in those design modifications, the wheels too. I swear, they are so shameless. And this is just a 996 styling touch up, just wait till the complete redesign is in order. :roll: Don't you just love shifters that feel like your grabbing someone's weewee? lol! :wink:

haha... i dont mind the looks. sure its not as classy but still sporty. i just dont know if i would like the feeling of driving... "stick". haha. whats goin on with the phone? i thought things like that were done away with.

Someone tell me how this 997 design tinkering is an improvement over the classic 911. :-? :roll: The nose seems too long, like Firebird Trans Am long. There is no way it looks cooler than a 993 or 996. The front in particular is far too busy for a 911. The thing they get wrong is that they smooth out a design to the point that where the classic original form is diluted.

3.JPG

3.JPG

7.JPG

1.JPG

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo V12sNuthinElse,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Porsche 996 / 997 (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

It looks like a long pointy dick with a set of fat inflamed balls behind it.

It's pretty ugly for a Porsche but wat can i say i've always hated the stylings of Porsche.

So no surprise there 4 me.

Also if i wanted 2 shift gears on a "knob" i'd goto the bathroom with lotion and not a car. ;)

• 3 Wochen später...
  • 2 Monate später...

i'd say it is the best done, sexiest, most true and crisp looking and engineered, best all around porsche in a while. It takes the best of 993 and 996, combines them and then does one better. I'm proud of them for how well they did 997, i had fears that do something stupid, but they really suprised me in a good way. I love it.

I don't think it does one better than the 993 and 996, but at least they didn't ruin it. I think the main reason it looks good is because Porsche didn't depart very much from what the 911 has always looked like. It's better if they don't, a car like the 911 should not be messed with, because the basic design itself is timeless. Anything else might be a Porsche, but it simply would not be a 911.

It has the hard lines of a 993, more dramatic curves, the straight lines of the hood, the round headlights. It has the soft rear end of the 996, the more sophisticated powerplant and interior, but a sound that is hard and mechanical, the way the 993's air cooled unit sounded. It is a beautiful car. It is getting back closer to the 911 theme than the 996 was. It's a good step forward.

• 2 Wochen später...

Now lets get things straight. Porsche is an independent car maker, the only one left. They did not sleep with vw, they simply let vw blow them. Its a shared platform to keep costs down on the cayenne. Once the platform was made they stripped it and created a true vehicle out of a modern wind block. Porsche has never lost their commitment to building a true sportscar. They will not and shall not slack. Ferdinand would arrise from the resting and clobber them with the side mirror of a 914 before that happened.

The new 911 (997) is the last ever 911 to be built. So what do you do with 40 years of perfection. Thats right you take the best bits and parts and assemble them into one. Thus the new 997. Look at it from the rear and trail your eyes over the arches up long the body and around the headlamps. You'll start slobbering and not even be aware of it. It is non other than breath taking. If I ever love a woman as much as the 911 I'll marry her. The 997 is evolution in its best. They have proven their point and if you cant see this, we feel sorry for you.

• 2 Wochen später...

After 997, where else is there to go? The worlds best cars have reached a plateau of sorts, so when it's done it's done. Unless they all go nuclear power, there isn't much more that can be done, other than subtle refinements.

Porsche let VW blow them? As in let us blow you and then wear our underwear ( platform )? I guess Porsche doesn't care what skank they pick up.

I don't think a 911 could ever really be a 911 without a flat-six. But even still, after the novelty of a V8 998 wore off, what next?

Some things just can't be done any better than they already have been. I think the 911 has been made as perfect as it's ever likely to get. In a way, the Boxster is the " new 911 ". The company flagship the way the 911 used to be.

The Boxster is like the 911 once was in that it's more affordable, more simple, still not the way the 911 once was, but more in that direction. I'd love to see them develop further on it, but only time will really tell.

The 911 shouldnt have a v8 engine, it would be too big and heavy. But since they are in the door at vw they might try and develope a w8. However that would just create a tremendous amount of understeer lining it through a corner.

They are most likely to develope a mid engined car next with a v8 or w8. I doubt very much they would ever place it in a 911. No reason to spoil the astethics they have created.

Walter from Porsche once said that if they developed a Boxter turbo it would be faster than the 911. So first they will have to develope that, test it and then start developing the replacement 911. Which I am sure they are busy doing at the moment alongside the facelift for the Cayenne.

None the less it will be 4 years before a prototype gets seen and 6-7 before we actually get anything, so lots of time to save up.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...