SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Bugatti Veyron SUCKS

8-ball

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 94
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

I have lots of respect for the Veyron. Its a show car, designed to break records and make rich men feel like their crotch is larger than it really is. I respect the Bugatti Corporation for making a car. This corporation has designed this car to make them stand out from every other automotive production company. That being said they are also willing to sell off a few of these overly embroided, magnificently aerodynamic gum drops at a loss; all in the phantasmagorical hope of using said automobiles as advertisements.

I have no respect for anyone who says that this car is "magnificent, the absolute best car in the world... It makes your 1000hp corvette look slow! You will never own one so keep dreaming. etc." When in all reality because of all the luxury and bull, your 3000hp engine that only puts 987hp to the ground is toasted by a cheaply built 350 Chevrolet motor with slight modifications to the transmission and suspension.

That being said, anyone who feels that they have the right to say that is either exhibit A. a troll, B. Not worth my time.

Mr. Tubad, you have wasted my time and every forum members time by forcing us to read the slanderous turmoil, that you call your life. Have a nice day sir, and return to your wrecked Porsche.

I Don't ever post on this site since this is my friends site but when I saw this subject I had to reply to it.

The Geyron is the most overhyped POS that has been produced today.

Thank you

Kris

overhyped? :???:

yeah.... how about no.

balls out fast. if you were to race a mclaren f1 and a veyron, you could let the f1 accelerate to 120mph before even hitting the gas with the veyron, and you would STILL beat it to 200mph.

heh.... turd....

i dont know if this has been discussed yet but did you know that the veyron costs bugatti 5mill to produce? they lose money on each one, but it was done just to be the fastest.

well thats what top gear said anyway.....

And that's what you call rubbish. :)

It could be true if you split the costs of its years long development (1 billion euros) among the cars expected to be produced. (cca. 300)

But the manufacturing/assembly itself isn't that expensive and they are making profits on every car that leaves the factory.

If you do the math, it sucks down 45,000 liters of air per minute, and 80 gallons of gas per hour at maximum power, that is ridiculous by any standard. I do however, respect what it is, a technological advance in cars, it is not meant to be bought, but it shows what is possible, and what could be next. This is truly an amazing car if you look at what is can do, no other car stands a chance against it in a race, acceleration, and unfortunately cost. I think people may view it as a car someone would buy and drive. I think it is more of a symbol for what could be.

If you do the math, it sucks down 45,000 liters of air per minute, and 80 gallons of gas per hour at maximum power, that is ridiculous by any standard. I do however, respect what it is, a technological advance in cars, it is not meant to be bought, but it shows what is possible, and what could be next. This is truly an amazing car if you look at what is can do, no other car stands a chance against it in a race, acceleration, and unfortunately cost. I think people may view it as a car someone would buy and drive. I think it is more of a symbol for what could be.

so you would like it to go 250mph, and get 30 mpg? lol

show me an exotic that gets better than 12mpg highway and ill show you an exotic that has a 4 cylinder swapped into it.

crap... my car gets 30mph highway, but as soon as i step on it you can literally watch the gas needle go down.

high performance and economical dont go hand in hand.

I don't recall saying anything about getting good gas mileage while going fast, there is a direct relationship between gas consumption, horsepower, and speed. So I am sure you would no it is impossible to go 250mph at 30mpg. What I was talking about is how it will improve other sports cars in the future, even though the car is about as light as possible, a mere 4,000 lbs. A W-16 weighs a lot, but that is what you need to create 1000hp. If you want an efficient sports car get a lotus which is just over 1000lbs, it doesn't have the top speed, but it can accelerate and handle very well at an affordable price, and good gas mileage, considering it is a 195hp 4cyl. engine.

I don't recall saying anything about getting good gas mileage while going fast, there is a direct relationship between gas consumption, horsepower, and speed. So I am sure you would no it is impossible to go 250mph at 30mpg. What I was talking about is how it will improve other sports cars in the future, even though the car is about as light as possible, a mere 4,000 lbs. A W-16 weighs a lot, but that is what you need to create 1000hp. If you want an efficient sports car get a lotus which is just over 1000lbs, it doesn't have the top speed, but it can accelerate and handle very well at an affordable price, and good gas mileage, considering it is a 195hp 4cyl. engine.

"A mere 4,000 lbs," if that isn't an paradox, then I don't know what one is. I think the Veyron is ridiculous. It has a damn W16. How did they come up with that? Everyone knows that is just for show. No one would ever put a W16 in a race car, I assure you. One definitely doesn't need a W16 to make 1000 hp.

"A mere 4,000 lbs," if that isn't an paradox, then I don't know what one is. I think the Veyron is ridiculous. It has a damn W16. How did they come up with that? Everyone knows that is just for show. No one would ever put a W16 in a race car, I assure you. One definitely doesn't need a W16 to make 1000 hp.

in some sense "there is no replacement for displacement" is true. sure you dont need 16 cylinders to make 1000 hp, but if you recall they built the veyron to be reliable and long lasting.

there are plenty of mustangs and big block v8's that do 1000+ hp, for a few passes ......

You don't really need 16 cylinders, or even four turbos to make 1,000 horsepower, even reliably. So I would agree that it's mostly for show, a throwback to when 16 cylinders was needed to make big power - like say 1930.

That Bugatti motor would be a nightmare to work on under race conditions.

in some sense "there is no replacement for displacement" is true. sure you dont need 16 cylinders to make 1000 hp, but if you recall they built the veyron to be reliable and long lasting.

there are plenty of mustangs and big block v8's that do 1000+ hp, for a few passes ......

When I hear "reliable and long lasting" I certainly don't think of an W-type engine. Only God knows why Audi builds them. It's all so you can say "you've got a V12? Yeah, those are okay; I've got a W12."

Hello people.

I love Bugatti the most and it might look funny to you all experienced people but i love it and i will have it one day(very soon).

I do like this thread though it is against Veyron.but i love sharing knowledge.

regards,

Bugatti lover:-))!

• 1 Jahr später...
The main reasons the Veyron is veritable crap in my view are these ...

1. It is a product of Volkswagen, not Etore Bugatti. A rehashed " Bentley " concept at that.

2. It attempts to be the most of everything, at all costs with no regards to true class whatsoever. In the end it's just a tacky representation of Western style excess.

and 3. Who got it in their heads that a modern day Bugatti must have not one, not two, not even three, but four turbos?? What the hell?

The $1,000,000 car market has been tested before, by a car far superior in overall ability and balance, the McLaren F1. And even that car sold modestly, aside from being built in modest numbers. Does VW really think the Veyron is going to sell like hotcakes? Please.

They are trying to build up tension in the market, like sexual tension, so when they release the Veyron, people will come running with their tongues out. Not gonna happen.

Veyron is veritable Crap?!

The veyron was not put on the market to build tension, VW designed the veyron for the sole purpose to claim the world's fastest production car. VW knew they were going to not profit off of this vehicle and this is why only 500 of these vehicles are produced each year. VW got themselves into debt intentionally.

As for your precious Mcloser F1....

The Bugatti Veyron can beat the Mclaren F1 from 0-160....IN REVERSE.:D

Whoh, we have a live one on the boards!

There are thousands of people in the U.S. alone who could afford a Veyron, but they arent' buying. The "McLoser"? The McLaren is a race proven champion that won LeMans outright in 1995 against some faster specially built cars, among other distinctions. Those early racing GTR models were heavier than the LM road cars by the way.

The Veyron has done nothing except go fast in a straight line and cost too much. Come back in 15 years and we'll see which car is still the legend.

I agree - the only thing the Bugatti Volkswagen can do is cost a lot of money and going very fast on a straight line. The Mc laren F1 is the more clever car, it would beat the Volkswagen Veyron on nearly every racetrack in the world.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...