EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Bugatti Veyron SUCKS

8-ball

Empfohlene Beiträge

Once upon a time, VW had a wild idea ...

" Lets' create a car thats' faster, more luxurious, more powerful, and more expensive than any other! We'll call it a Bugatti! "

Then, reality set in ...

" Oh, what are we going to do? This has'nt been as easy as we had planned... Oh dear. "

But they had dug themeselves a really deep hole, too deep to get out of. They promised the world they would build the grandest car ever. There is no turning back now ...

" Okay, heres' what we'll do, we'll act like nothing is wrong. We're having delays because we're perfecting it. Yeah, thats' right, we're perfecting it. Take another Valium, Oh bumsen! "

And here is the final result. When it does come out, I think the Veyron will be quite an underwhelming car. But at least the interior will be nice.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 94
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

And then this company called Mercedes had this quiet and somewhat lucid idea for a car of somewhat rediculous proportions. They knew from the outset they were making a big car, so they went with it and made the interior roomy and very very luxurious, with every possible luxury there was to have or desire, clearly everything anyone at VW could ever think of, they wanted it to be fast, very fast and powerful. Reach for 16 cylenders they did not, instead they took a shelf V12, added some fire under the hood, took the turbochargers and cranked them up a notch or three, tighened the suspension to allow this large car to have cat-like reflexes on it's feet, and asked a bizzarre price for it, a price of an insane $170k

So far as I can figure, aside from intense straightline acceleration at very high speeds, the veyron has functionally little on a CL65 AMG

• 2 Monate später...

I think if the Bugatti is actually being perfected, they could add a switch which remaps the ecu so that the turbo would run less boost and the engine would have a less aggressive map, kind of like a reversed version of what Mopar used in the Stage 2 w/Toys upgrade to the SRT-4.

BTW, I think that the Sultan of Brunie is getting at least 4 Veyrons. :)

The last I heard about the Veyron was that the transmissions were being shreaded by the power(big surprise). They just want to set a new benchmark like the McLaren F1 did in the 90's but its kind of overkill.

but the same in the 90's was being said about the mclaren the veyron will set a bench mark in performance its all a part of the supercar race to 250mph and whoever reaches that will have an instant advantage when it comes to selling the car itself but i firmly believethat only time will tell and we will just have to wait until the veyron arrives in showrooms and see if it really is as good as its manufactureres say it is going to be :)

but the same in the 90's was being said about the mclaren the veyron will set a bench mark in performance its all a part of the supercar race to 250mph and whoever reaches that will have an instant advantage when it comes to selling the car itself but i firmly believethat only time will tell and we will just have to wait until the veyron arrives in showrooms and see if it really is as good as its manufactureres say it is going to be :)

But there's a big difference between the F1 and the Veyron. The F1 is a very thought through and precisely engineerd piece of perfection while the Veyron is nothing btu a VW Passat with 4 turbos.

And on that note, the McLaren was developed to be the most highly focused, and highest performing car it could be. While the Veyron is merely a representation of massive excess on all levels. That alone should tell you that VW has their mind and priorites in the wrong place.

Veyron will be an exotic oddity, but never a champion. That much you can be sure of.

• 5 Monate später...
the bugatti veryon is not crap as "edonis" says it is.his point has no arguement.first of all its looks its very sleek and sexy.second the 16 cylinder engine with 4 ...yes 4 turbos!!!.its does 252 mph(supposedly) and has a 0-60 time of 2.9 and has 1001 horse power.its not a car its a beautiful sleek italian stallion.so if u dont like that buy a daewoo!!! :evil:

ok sooo...

~1001hp in a veyron gets you- 252mph and 0-60 in 2.9

~640hp or so in a mclaren f1 gets you- 241mph and 0-60 in 3.1 or 3.0 seconds

361+ more hp and 4 turbos only gives you 10 more mph and .1-.2 sec faster....? no thanks i stick to a mclaren, just....just a badass car, veyron cant touch that

:-))!

i cant friggen stand all of these new age supercars. granted im only 16 and all the crazy supercars were made when i was a baby (xj220) but i would take a ferrari f40 or xj220 or mclaren f1 over a veyron or an enzo anyday. call me crazy, i dont care. the f40 was made to be driven, and driven FAST! theres no unnecessary weight in somethin like an f40 or f1. just raw carbon fiber and no computer chips to restrict you from what yer cars supposed to be able to do. shit like the veyron dont need all these luxaries, if u want luxuary and u are able to afford a veyron, BUY A MAYBACH! supercars shouldnt be made out of steel...or lead...or whatever a veyrons made out of.

all in all.

supercars = simple, balls to the wall fast with no unnecessary shit. if u want luxuary...then buy a benz

• 5 Monate später...

Gooday!

Bugatti Veyron is awesome. Crazy, but awesome. What about the weight of about 1900 kg (4190 lbs), yet stopping power from 100 (62 mph) in just above 31m (100 ft)! From 0-62 in 2.5 sec. No other car comes near this performance, and yeah I agree perhaps it's no track-racer but it's fast enough in corners . Most roads are pretty damn straight to only look at cornering capabilities. And the Veyron is perhaps impressive enough there too...

Launch control gives 25m (82ft) long black traces from all four wheels. When the car hit 402 km/h (near 250 mph) the centrifugal forces from the axle-knots is hitting the rubber dust protection so hard that they look like balloons (a special system prevents axles from degrading). Another problem when developing this car was that the gearbox fluid pressure went so high that it leaks past all gaskets, an extension container(?) prevents that from happening. The rear wing does also act as an airbrake in highspeeds. Alone in 380 km/h it brakes the car with 0.6g. The car have a secondary key that enables top-speed mode; it flattens the wing, close the airintake at the side, the suspension is 55mm in front and 65 rear constantly If I remember it correctly. I could go on, but no. These powerful cars are so inefficient, it would be cool if roads would look like salt lakes. But roads for this car don't exist. Nardo test track would work, but why not arrange a test in a F-18 instead? Or if you want to stay on the ground, arrange a test with the Maglev 500km/h train in Japan.

Bugatti Veyron is a show. On autobahn it would be great to test the Veyron, if you have the reaction to brake in notime when some innocent victim thinking they have a fast car comes in your lane.

ok sooo...

~1001hp in a veyron gets you- 252mph and 0-60 in 2.9

~640hp or so in a mclaren f1 gets you- 241mph and 0-60 in 3.1 or 3.0 seconds

361+ more hp and 4 turbos only gives you 10 more mph and .1-.2 sec faster....? no thanks i stick to a mclaren, just....just a badass car, veyron cant touch that

:-))!

LOL. First, the veyron does 60mph in probably slightly less than 2.5s.(as it does 62 in 2.5 - but I admit it hasn't gone through that many tests, so we'll see) Second, the best time achieved by Macca was 3.2 (but there were even 3.9,3.7...)

But anyway, in terms of supercars, 0-60 times are absolutely meaningless, what really matters if we're talking about straight line acceleration is 0-150,0-200 etc. and veyron really blows away Macca in that territory. Don't get me wrong, as I think the Macca is the best supercar ever built, but in terms of speed in straight line, the Veyron is untouchable.

What's more, the top speed of a regular F1 is not that high. It was specially tuned and more powerful for the 240 mph run,as was for the best acceleration runs, by the way.

About the top speed; Road & Track, as you may well know, got to "only" 231 mph in the F1 they tested, driven by Mario Andretti. Keep in mind, that it wasn't a production McLaren F1 that got to 240.1 -- it was the XP5, or Experimental Prototype 5. They may have had different engine, chassis, or tuning on that particular car.

supercars shouldnt be made out of steel...or lead...or whatever a veyrons made out of.

:D ROFL. Do you think the Veyron is made of lead? I'll probably call you crazy. It's made of carbon fibre and aluminium.

What's more, the top speed of a regular F1 is not that high. It was specially tuned and more powerful for the 240 mph run,as was for the best acceleration runs, by the way.

Whether or not this car was tuned differently than the standard car, it was still an F1 that made the 240+ run. So it's fair game.

As for the XP5 possibly having a different engine ( meaning block and major parts ) and chassis from ussual, this is highly unlikely. A different state of tune, yes.

Whether or not this car was tuned differently than the standard car, it was still an F1 that made the 240+ run. So it's fair game.

As for the XP5 possibly having a different engine ( meaning block and major parts ) and chassis from ussual, this is highly unlikely. A different state of tune, yes.

My point is that if you had a regular F1 you wouldn't be able to get it to 240mph as many people seem to think.

Fair game ? Not for me.

Well, no F1 could really be called "regular", but even though the gearing and engine tuning may be different, the car is basically the same in every itteration is was made in.

The XP5 which made the top speed run was intended for such runs, but it was said to be essentially a standard F1 from 1993.

• 3 Wochen später...

The reson the veryon isn't on the production lines is because with its monster motor the cab over heats and in the years to come Bugatti himself will make a sadan with the same motor and will vent the motor compartment so it wont over heat. all and all it is the second best street leagle car in the world next to the lotec prototype that has 1200 hp

I disagree. Lotec is a prototype. And if it isn't how many of them were built?

Yes Bugatti is nice, but neither compare to the McLaren F1. It was created in 1993, and up until just February it was still the fastest production car in the world, in my mind the LM had the best engine, until now (Ferrari FXX). Koenigsegg beat that, and now Bugatti. But McLaren held that throne for 12 years. That by far was and still is the greatest road car ever.

Jason

The Veyron might suck handling wise, but it definitely does not suck in the straight line.

Quote from Autocar.

So picture this. A long, long stretch of dual carriageway, two cars simmering beside each other at one end of it; a McLaren F1 plus a weird, insect-like machine with four huge tyres, an absurd number of scoops and winglets along the flanks and across the roof, plus a distinctive white-and-red badge on the nose that reads ‘Bugatti.’

Out of nowhere the McLaren’s rear tyres suddenly light up and, after an eruption of V12 engine wail and wheelspin, it is gone, accelerating towards the far horizon. After 3.2sec it hits 60mph, after 6.3sec it reaches 100mph and after 10sec it passes 135mph. At which point the Bugatti sets off.

There is virtually no wheelspin whatsoever: the Veyron is four-wheel drive. What there is is noise – a peculiar kind of signature that sounds a bit like two TVR Griffiths on full reheat plus an industrial-strength air hose, all at once. And to accompany this cacophony there is mind-bending, heart-stopping acceleration the like of which has never been felt before in a road car.

After just 2.46sec the Veyron reaches 60mph, and barely a couple of seconds after that it bursts into three figures. But the thing you’ll really struggle to get your head round, the statistic you’ll be boring your mates with for some years to come, is this; despite setting off 10 seconds after the McLaren – when the F1 is already travelling at 130mph – the Bugatti reaches 200mph at exactly the same time as the F1. Think about that. I have. And I still can’t quite fathom how rapid the Veyron must be to pull it off.

• 1 Monat später...
alright after reading this article i have changed my feelings towards the veyron: it is very well written and interesting

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1890873_1,00.html

My favorite paragraph outta that, that directly applies to this topic.

You might point out at this juncture that the McLaren F1 could top 240mph, but at that speed it was pretty much out of control. And anyway it really isn’t in the same league as the Bugatti. In a drag race you could let the McLaren get to 120mph before setting off in the Veyron. And you’d still get to 200mph first. The Bugatti is way, way faster than anything else the roads have seen.

I happen to have been a Bugatti Veyron fan since its been a concept in late 2002 early 2003. I wasn’t to keen on the initial design, but I think they've fixed that problem. I would also like to bring an end to all these peoples obsession with the F1. It is without a shadow of a doubt the worlds most overrated supercar. People just look at its speed record, and fall in love with the idea of driving that fast. The fact is, there were many cars before the F1 was even being designed that went over 250mph. They, however never reaching production, would have whipped the floor with the F1. IE)1988 Chevrolet Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer. This car impresses me mostly because of its power and speed for being in the 80s. Lets compare a "normal" 1994 McLaren F1 with it shall we?

mclaren_f1_silver_95_03.jpg

1994 McLaren F1:

price - $900,000

engine - V12

Power - 627.0 BHP @ 7,400.0 RPM

Torque - 650.0 NM @ 5,600.0 RPM

0-60 mph - 3.2 seconds.

1/4 Mile - 11.1 S @ 138 MPH seconds.

Top Speed - 231 mph | 371.7 km/h

Weight - 1138 kg | 2509.3 lbs

Impressive, yes, but just wait.

callaway_sledge_03.jpg

1988 Chevrolet Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer:

Price - $400,000

engine - Twin-turbocharged V8

Power - 880.0 BHP @ 6,250.0 RPM

0-60 mph - 3.9 seconds.

1/4 Mile - 10.6 seconds.

Top Speed - 254 mph | 408.7 km/h

Weight - 3671 lbs | 1665.2 kg

Now dont you find it atleast alittle bit funny how much hype the McLaren has received? Not only does this corvette out preform the McLaren, it costs 1/2 the amount, has a smaller engine, and even weighs more! Come on now people.

McLarens are Shit

Hondas are Slow

Ill show you how fast

Cars can Go

artificial displacement totally tosses the "larger engine" logic.

and i bet the f1 handles a ton better, but i do see your point.

i think its most important to note that the veyron does go fast, but like you quoted, is still very much in control.

McLarens are Shit

Hondas are Slow

Ill show you how fast

Cars can Go

you cant be that ignorant can you? i mean seriously i wouldnt say the mclaren is that bad. i mean it is quicker than the precious tt vette although not as fast.

and where did hondas come from? did you just say that so you can rhyme? you must be a white boy. hahaha. im not worried about that though. im confident at any auto x, my honda would take out ANY galant.:o:D:wink:

and where did hondas come from? did you just say that so you can rhyme? you must be a white boy. hahaha. im not worried about that though. im confident at any auto x, my honda would take out ANY galant.:o:D:wink:

Cough... just no comment. Come on ricer boy! Us white boys are just fine wit da rhyme.. Jesus christ I hate living in Jamaica, NY.

And buddy, saying a fully suspensioned car can take a galant is pretty bad.. Otherwise, how have you guys been?

And buddy, saying a fully suspensioned car can take a galant is pretty bad.. Otherwise, how have you guys been?
i dont have fully worked suspension. all my control arms are stock and i dont even have coilovers. just springs, shocks, swaybars and braces. factory 11 year old bushings too.

other than that, ive been doing well:)

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...