EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New M5 to be presented at Geneva in March ? / 500? 550?? hp.

cstavaru

Since the power output of the next M5 has been so hotly debated, and we will soon find out what it i  

1. 1. Since the power output of the next M5 has been so hotly debated, and we will soon find out what it i

• 5.5L V-10 - 500 horsepower ...
    • 5.5L V-10 - 550 horsepower ...
    • 5.5L V-10 - Somewhere in between ...
    • 5.5L V-10 - 550+ ...

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

around 500bhp(and 500nm) is mentioned in those official announcements of the concept...but i bet they are just teasing us and the final specification will be higher...bentley continental GT was that case for instance.

We could only wish that.

Sad to think, i think its gonna be in the same range as the Viper's V-10.

All the 550hp is gettin played out and old and i imagine reality is gonna bite us in the ass and make it 500.

But if its under 500 i'll personally send a letter that won't be very pretty. :lol:

But i'm pretty sure i won't be the only one either.

I voted for 550hp but i havva gut feelin its jus gonna be 500hp.

Usually i'm right when i havva gut feelin bout things but i pray i'm wrong this time.

Also, bout the engine's of bmw's i don't like at sum points is the drainage of torque.

Them things r heavy as hell so the torque should be up near or higher than the HP and have it in the rpm ranges from 3k-7k.

I jus wish they would focus on torque along with it besides jus higher HP.

I'd be satisfied if they could make it 500hp and 550lb/ft of torque rather than 570hp and 397lb/ft of torque.

U can always add hp but torque is very hard to get without SDS'ing.

Seems like now days they can't extract huge torque without SDS'ing them like Benz.

You wouldn't necessarily hafta go with higher L's, higher compression and etc.

Their engines r undoubtably the best in the world so they should take a lil more time on it.

Extract almost as much as they can from it.

I'd also like the new one's be able 2 be SDS or turbo'd like the E36's were capable of.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo cstavaru,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Also, bout the engine's of bmw's i don't like at sum points is the drainage of torque.

Them things r heavy as hell so the torque should be up near or higher than the HP and have it in the rpm ranges from 3k-7k.

I jus wish they would focus on torque along with it besides jus higher HP.

I'd be satisfied if they could make it 500hp and 550lb/ft of torque rather than 570hp and 397lb/ft of torque.

Their engines r undoubtably the best in the world so they should take a lil more time on it.

Extract almost as much as they can from it.

I'd also like the new one's be able 2 be SDS or turbo'd like the E36's were capable of.

Bmw have always tried to produce flat torque curves and i think they have been pretty successful.

I think that the characteristics of the engines torque has been one of the key issues looked at by BMW for the V-10.

The thing about about high revs is that it allows more agressive gearing to some extent and hence more torque at wheels.

The M5 will be about 1650-1700kgs which is light compared to other cars in the same class.

500 or 550hp it will be the quickest in its class not to mention the best dynamically, for a short time atleast.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...