EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New BMW 2004 Models

Dresol

Empfohlene Beiträge

This is an overview over the new 2004 BMW models.

First the World Debut of the BMW 645Ci - the Dream Convertible joining the Dream Coupe.

There is superior comfort for both the driver and passengers in the new 2 + 2 seater convertible, with many cool features, that only BMW could provide:

Firstly, the rear window being electric, to provide draft free extraction from the vehicle:

6cab1.jpg

A loadspace capacity of 350 litres with the roof up and only 50litres less, 300 litres with the roof down. It also uses the through loading system which many bigger bmws accommodate, which enables the facility to carry larger items of luggage, ski-bags for instance ("the driver and his passengers can also take along two pairs of skis or a snowboard, without impairing seat space in any way", quoted by BMW themselves).

With the through-loading system and ski-bag, the driver and his passengers can also take along two pairs of skis or a snowboard, without impairing seat space in any way.

The new 6 series chassis and suspension is made of light alloy, along with the Intelligent Dynamic Stability (DSC) and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) the new running-gear provides the ultimate driving machine, in that the car responds accurately like a race car, but still provides the safety and stability that you would expect from all other BMWs. At the heart of the 645Ci, is teh 4.4 litre V8, with a maximum output of 333bhp (325 in the US) and a maximum torque of 450Nm, which garuntees effortless performance and power in all circumstances. Both the Convertible and the Coupe have a top speed limited electronically to 250 km/h (155 mph).The fixed-roof 645Ci equipped with BMW's manual six-speed gearbox accelerates to 100 km/h (62 mph) in a mere 5.6 seconds and the Convertible in just 6.1 seconds.

normal_6cab2.jpg

The all new X3 is marginally bigger that the 3 Series Sport Wagon, and is almost 30 centimetres smaller than the new 5 Series Sedan, and therefore is a lost smaller than the X5. Performance is garunteed from the 6 cylinder power units and the 6 speed gearbox coupled with BMW's new electronically controlled xDrive all-wheel-drive system. The US will see both a 3.0i X3 with 225bhp (231 for all except the US) and a 2.5i X3 with 184bhp (192 elsewhere).

normal_x3_100.jpg

The BMW X5 4.8is holds it's head high as the new top of the range X5, with a high performance V8 engine. The 4.8 litre unit produces and amazing 360bhp propelling the vehicle to 100km/h (62mph) in about 6 seconds. The starting point in this development process was BMW's new V8 power unit featuring VALVETRONIC valve control, dual-VANOS, as well as the fully variable intake system also featured in the new BMW 645Ci.

normal_x5_100.jpg

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Dresol,

kennst du schon New BMW 2004 Models (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW Zubehör (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

i wonder why the M5 isn't included :)

according to last info about its engine : 5.5l,v10,550hp,650NM,9000rpm(tested up to and even over 10 000rpm) redline...right?

the m6 may acquire an improved version - approx. 600hp,700NM

I was wondering, don't you find the car from the first picture in the thread a little bit bulky ? Looks like a polished box to me, not at all a sports car...and when I think that the 6-series is the best looking from the new BMW batch of models... :cry:

i'm sure it could wind higher, but they will limit it to 9k i'm sure. I bet Dinan would be (for the right price) willing to make you an ECU flash to let it wind up above 10k if you wanted it.

Price will be under 90k last i heard.

i dont know if i like the idea that it will rev so high. i mean for a daily driver its a bit much for a motor that size. it means it will have really lightweight parts= very fragile. thats ok for a ferrari, or a motorcycle ( where you dont drive every day) but for a 4 door..... im not convinced.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Dresol,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

all the car mags have it right around 80, i'm skeptical so i'll say under 90. Think of it like this, all it is the technology of the M3 engine fitted to a 10 cylender block (this has a few new things on it, but that is to be expected). The M3 has a very flat broad torque band, and is easily driven every day without difficulty, the only difference is, when you want it, it can go the extra distance.

M engines have always been able to rev high, it's the art of making a well balanced camshaft and M is the van Gogh of camshafts. But to spare the engines they always limit the revs, 8k to 9k seems normal.

M engines have always been able to rev high, it's the art of making a well balanced camshaft and M is the van Gogh of camshafts. But to spare the engines they always limit the revs, 8k to 9k seems normal.

for a daily driven V10?

Someone posted some spy pics of the M5 a while back, including a shot of the gauge cluster with tach, and I don't think the redline was any higher than 8,500 or so, if that. Either way, it will be a super motor, and it should make 550 hp. with that kind of engine speed. If it makes less, then it's simply detuned. Say good bye to your gas money though. :wink:

Fast four-doors rule! But the price of M cars are getting a little out of hand I think.

• 1 Monat später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...