EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

fastest

Mongrel

Empfohlene Beiträge

ok, take the E36 M3, which can be turbocharged, slap a supercharger on it, it still isn't faster than the E46, which for a number of reasons can't be supercharged, both BMW 3.2L I6s, superchargers are not always faster.

Not sure I follow you here, fox.. I've seen a number of turbo E36 M3's putting down 350+ to the rear wheels... and the supercharger numbers are better...

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

i've never seen a supercharged E36 was a better quarter time than the dinan tuned naturally aspirated M3. All I'm saying.

And the dauer either didn't meet specs as a production car, or never got officially certified.

ok, take the E36 M3, which can be turbocharged, slap a supercharger on it, it still isn't faster than the E46, which for a number of reasons can't be supercharged, both BMW 3.2L I6s, superchargers are not always faster.

Are we talking about a SDS E36 M3 vs a stock E46 or a mod'd one here?

Becuz if so put a ESS SDS on a E36 M3 and with correct tunin from the tuner and u'll have upto 357 rwhp.

I've seen E36 M3's SC'd beatin stock E46 M3's by several tenths of a second.

If ur comparin a SDS E36 M3 vs stock E46 M3, that is.

i've seen an E36 M3 with over 400 stable horsepower, it still wasn't faster than a dinan tuned naturally aspirated E46 M3.

I would say that the e46 m3 can better put the power to the ground than the e36 m3.

Does the e46 have substantially different gearing than the e36 it may be a reason for differences as well as the drivers skill level.

By the way what sort of gains do dinan get with the e46 m3 NA

I'd rather the dinan e46 even if it was slower anyway.

dinan was pushing past 380hp, mostly in high end torque, so it was all getting put down, as opposed to the bottom torquey E36. Gearing is more aggressive on E46.
so if the torque is mostly high end and hp is a linear function of torque, then the dinan tuning might cause a power spike in the horsepower? are there any graphs from the dyno? i mean real concern should be the area under the curve.

area under the curve? maybe, but only part of it, seeing as once you are to the the 2nd half of first gear on an E46 M3, you never see south of 5,000rpms again, the average torque from 5,000-8,400 multiplied through the very aggressive gearing is very high, as opposed to the supercharged 3.2L E36 which seemed to loose power as it went past 4,500. As has been established before, for acceleration purposes, you want your torque in the top of your rev band so as to take advantage of gearing.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...