EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

911 Turbo vs Corvette

8-ball

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

This is one of those questions that I think everyone knows the answer to. Personally, money no object, I would have the 911 Turbo.

If money were a concern, I would of course go for a Corvette, or perhaps even a ZO6. Great performance, and much better " value ". But then I would not be inclined get either if money were a concern.

• 1 Monat später...

If I had the money, i'd have the 911 GT3, so what if it is stripped down, like you have time to play with toys while driving a porsche, the engine is spectacular, not to say 911TT's isn't, but i like natural aspiration. If I didn't have the dime for that, I'd take the bottom of the line 911 carrera ahead of the vette, but that's just me.

i have to say the 911, it is just a better car, i have a corvette, my father has a 911, as much as faster the corvette is, the 911 is better, not to say the 911 turbo, that might be faster than the corvette, the 911 just feels better, the corvette is a grate car in the road and the city, but if you can aford a 911, a think it is your choise

• 1 Monat später...

you really cant compare a true peice of euro sex, to a corvette. the porsche embodies everything that means "sports car". its curves(inspired by a beautiful woman), its brakes, its wheels, its engine... it is truely a work of art. my uncle has had porsche, lambo, and ferrari all his life. even he sais that 9 times out of 10 he would take the porsche out, because it is just as fun, but much more comfortable. if a porsche can be compared to a ferrari, it CANNOT be compared to a corvette. i think by now you have understood my choice... just to make myself clear. porsche all the way. 8)

I'm not even going to begin to talk about one vs. the other -- that's a losing battle and I dont really have the time for it .. Comparing cars that cost $40k different is apples to oranges. If I had $50k to spend I would buy a Z06 -- If i had $90k to spend I most certainly WOULD NOT buy a 911T (I'm guessing at that price -- If it costs $80k I still wouldnt buy one) I think the 911 looks like a frog and that porsches in general are way overpriced. This is my OPINION (which I am entitled to) and I am in no way trying to convince any of you to agree with me. Porsches are NOT bad cars in any way-- I just think I could get more for that kind of money by buying somewhere else.

Jterp,

Speaking of overpriced, don't you think a car that costs $50K should have a better interior and better fit and finish? I mean it just has plastic all over the place.

As far as the Porsche, if it can compete with Ferraris ($125K and up) and Lambos, and still be useable everyday...I think it's a steal.

No doubt about it...Porsche all the way.

are you guys cutting and pasting from different sections of the board? I happen to like the vette interior. It seems commonplace to rag on the chevy interior but i have yet to see anyone post side by side pics of a corvette interior and one they feel is superior. Regardless -- the bang for the buck you get with the z06 is worth it to me -- i dont car if the interior is cardboard.

And not many ferraris are going to blink an eye when a porsche turbo comes up from behind..

I believe a 911 Turbo could give a 360 or 575M a run for their money, especially the 360. I think they should blink an eye.

On the Corvette, I love a fine interior myself, but judging the Corvette's worth soley on the quality of it's interior fittings is blowing things out of proportion. It's what people rag on about the Vette when they have run out of ammunition. " Oh yeah? Well my car has a better interior! "

As we have seen evidenced, the C6 is a great improvement in this respect, so quit dogging the Vette interior already! :D

are you guys cutting and pasting from different sections of the board? I happen to like the vette interior. It seems commonplace to rag on the chevy interior but i have yet to see anyone post side by side pics of a corvette interior and one they feel is superior. Regardless -- the bang for the buck you get with the z06 is worth it to me -- i dont car if the interior is cardboard.

And not many ferraris are going to blink an eye when a porsche turbo comes up from behind..

i like the zo6, i just like the 911 more. my buddy has a silver zo6 with slp loudmouth exhaust and lemans black paint on the rear. its an awesome car. but for the comparison, if money was no object, i take the 911.

Well,...it is surely a forced comparo, but still we're talking about 2 sportscar icons here the Vette having 51 years now.So a comparo between a base 911 Carrera and a Vette is really a great one.The Vette is a yankee-doodle icon with a front v8, long hood, short rear deck and great handling for an american symbolising it's stars&stripes heritage while no other german car can match that flat-6, i've got them all tradition.So, besides 0-60 and 1/4mile times these 2 have a lot to show and please us with.I like them both, not the 911 996 Turbo in particular for its AWD traction which does not screams SPORT at me.

• 3 Wochen später...

Comparing the best with the best makes sense, but the price difference still makes this comparison a bit unfair. The 911 Turbo and the Vette are both sportscars, but their markets are entirely different.

Corvette is built to fit under a reletively strict price cap, whereas the Turbo's could sky-rocket 10-15 thousand dollars for no reason and not many people would flinch, or question why. They would certainly do that if it were a Vette. That said, I don't think Porsche could give you as much content and performance for the money as the Vette. The price of a ZO6 would get you into a Boxster.

If the Corvette team were allowed an increased development budget of $50,000 per car, in effect doubling their resources, and with an intense focus, I'm positive they could build a Corvette that could compete with a 911 Turbo, and still underprice it. They just have to ask themselves, does anyone want a $100,000 Corvette?

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...