EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

What If You Called The Shots ...

LateNightCable

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello everyone.

Imagine for a moment that you are a head honcho at any given major automaker, your very favorite marque. Management has spotted your amazing talent, and plopped you into the head seat of your chosen department. I want to know what things you would focus on, and how you would use your considerable influence to steer the company in the right direction.

If you fancy yourself a Head Designer, like me, or a Marketing Department wiz, Chief Engineer, or even CEO, choose an automaker, and tell me what you would do. I'll start.

I've been thinking how if Head Designer Chris Bangle of BMW can produce dog poop styling, and not only keep his job, but remain highly regarded among his co-workers, imagine if BMW came to their senses, kicked him out, and hired me :) ?!

Ol' Chris would have what it takes to be a rennaisance man, and good for BMW's public image -a tall handsome fellow in his prime, The Thrilla from Vanilla, the American country boy doin' it his way in Munich ... But his designs stink, so check that.

As the new Head of Design for BMW, After settling into my fine residence in suburban Munich ( and taking my company car out for a spin, and some munchies 8) ), I would turn the BMW Design Center around for the better. I would bring a passion for car styling like no other in recent memory. After the Bangle cars were fased out, ( to world wide applause ) For the new generation of BMWs' I would instill an emphasis on " retro " styling, with a clean modern flare. BMW has a great styling past to work from. Taking styling cues and shapes of the past, and blending them skillfully with clean modern forms. Short over hangs, shark like features, ground hugging stance. I would also expand the richness and variety of the BMW color palet, introducing beautiful blues, chocolatey browns, deep greens - and a burgundy like wine :) .

BMWs' are handsome cars, they're all about Sport and Class. Like a fine cut suit on a well toned man :wink: . Real wire mesh would be incorporated into grills and such, the 3-Series would look like something from the early seventies, but launched into today, aboard a rocket from planet High Style. Center exhaust like used in the old days would be considered. ( and you thought that was new ) Interiors would rival Audi, they would be simplified, buttons, and screens would be covered, and rich textures would be used, with brushed aluminum in key areas. Good Music, like some sort of jazz, or hip-hop, or rock and roll would be played in the design studio, while my fellow designers and I brainstormed the new and glamourous future of BMW. We would also take field trips for inspiration, like GM stylists did in the 50's. As far as marketing, In the TV ads, I would encourage the use of good, edgy music, or sweeping rythms, and cinema grade photography. Make the public's collective jaw drop. Make em' want that beautiful new bimmer so much. After all, they're starving for it, it's been nothing but Bangle for so long.

As the commandant of styling, I would bring new meaning to the phrase " He got game! " ( he looks pretty good in that suit too 8) )

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
ok, when i become god, i'll make sure that happens for ya.

Thanks.

and by the way, their design centre' is in california.

Now it is, but I would live in Munich a while to get better aquainted with my new comrades, comrades, is that the right word :D ? Either way, California sounds good to me. And I want some real answers here, this is a good topic. What would you do?

Yay capitalismn, down with communismn... well don't tell anybody that I read all the books Karl Marx wrote and that I agree with some of his points, although the execution up untill now has been poor and the system is very sensetive for corruption because it lays all power into a select group. Like we all know, absolute power corrupts absolute. I think his books are outlawed in the US but if you can get a hold of a copy, you should read it :)

FYI, Darwin is 100% correct, or atleast I think so :) And I think the Christians know, they probably have me on some list because they keep bothering me while there is a Jehovas witness center just around the corner that leaves me alone.

I think the word LNC is looking for is "kumpel" which means buddy. But lets blacklist him anywayz, just to be on the safe side.

Anywayz to get back on topic. If I had anything to say... well if I has the time and money I would start adapting our Feedforward fueling system for gasoline engines. The current Feedback system is nice, but hardly efficient. That's just about the only thing I could think off.

Yay capitalismn, down with communismn... well don't tell anybody that I read all the books Karl Marx wrote and that I agree with some of his points, although the execution up untill now has been poor and the system is very sensetive for corruption because it lays all power into a select group. Like we all know, absolute power corrupts absolute. I think his books are outlawed in the US but if you can get a hold of a copy, you should read it :)

yay america!! and its rediculous obsession with cencorship. i guess they dont want us to think on our own :-? oh well i have read some of it as my dad brought it from italy. i think the system would work in a perfect world, but as you stated. it is too prone to corruption.

FYI, Darwin is 100% correct, or atleast I think so :) And I think the Christians know, they probably have me on some list because they keep bothering me while there is a Jehovas witness center just around the corner that leaves me alone.

i hope we dont have any hardcore christians on the board. i have a personal beleif that god does exist... but i think religion today has spun out of control. i dont think that there is someone up there shaking his finger at us every time we sin. i have ideas on the world starting, and i think it started with god then some sort off evolution occured. i read somewhere that proves a type of evolution... where was that? do you guys get what i mean? everyone thinks that their religion is right, and if you dont beleive in them you will burn for eternity. i dont get it..... who do we choose then?

I think the word LNC is looking for is "kumpel" which means buddy. But lets blacklist him anywayz, just to be on the safe side.

:D:D i thought this was funny.

back on topic for me however i would love to do what LNC wrote. the idea is great... you just missed one ver important thing. hot women.... eeeverywhere.... :D

Tarantino haha, I have seen only one of his films, and Marx's books are at the public library. No, absolute power would not corrupt me, and I assure you I would not turn out Bangle style. I would make beautiful cars, then I would make you all buy them, and if you refused, I would hold all your women and children hostage in secret camps. - Wait a minute, I didn't say that :wink: .

When it comes to being spiritually evolved, I don't think it has anything to do with pressing one's views on another as the only truth, worshipping God in church three times a week, or threatening people with eternity in hell if they don't " get saved ". Rather, it's as simple as letting your own higher self be your guide in life naturally, which in itself is Godliness. It's really just common sense. Live well, and share your bounty with your fellow man ( and woman ). Very simple.

Anyway, I come back and you're all talking about Karl Marx, religion, capitolism and communism, which is very interesting, but GIR gave me a bit of an answer in relation to the topic, what about the rest of you? Surely you would change something about your favorite carmaker.

Well the problem is that I already have everything I ever wanted so there is no need for wanting more is there :) But in the highly unlikely situation that MB would offer em a job as their CTO (Chief Technical Officer), this is what would happen.

I would put all the MB resources into the new engines. These new engines would have many variaties not the current dull MB line up of the same engine except bigger. These engines would incorporate the latest tech delivering lots of smooth torque all over the spectrum and being made out of a titanium magnesium alloy they would be the lightest and cheapest around. All the headlines would read: "MB walls over competition" and everybody would praise me for years to come because I buildt the best engines in decades.

Then I would go over to the design department and slap some sense into the guyz who made the current designs. The new interiour would be made out of the finest materials and won't use any plastic or such.

I would sell the current outdated factories and start building new modern factories which would cut production time and cost in half.

I would pressure Daimler-Chrysler into dropping Chrysler and chaging their name back to Daimler-Benz.

After doing all that and already having shaped MB into the top clas company they once were I would start researching new lightweight alloys. I would invent a new titanium alloy which would be practical to manufactur, strong and cheap. This combined with the light engine MB would have the lightest cars around.

Finally, lets face it, people want manuals for their cars. And what the people want, the people are going to get. I would start researching into new clutch and transmissions which would allow automatic control of a manual box, not the other way around. And on the side I would start building all new, very advanced, open sourced entertainment systems which will allow 3th parties to build their own addons very easily. Opensource would become the key around the whole entertainment system. Using only the finest speakers, the best screens and the most useable and well thought out interfaces. Everything would become possible.

This all combines, within a few years I would have MB building the lightest, fastest, most luxurious and cheapest cars ever.

I would go down in history as the person who set autmotive engineering forward lightyears. My name would be among those of Daimler, Benz and Maybach.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo LateNightCable,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Verschiedenes über Autos (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Finally, lets face it, people want manuals for their cars. And what the people want, the people are going to get. I would start researching into new clutch and transmissions which would allow automatic control of a manual box, not the other way around.

im trying to picture this. do you mean a regualar stickshift without the clutch pedal? if thats what you are talking about i love the idea. i thought about that a long time ago, but it would cost a lot to do R&D on something like that. it would be great if you had a switch for full auto, or semi-manual. for traffic reasons. thats one thing i hate about manu trannys. when im stuck in traffic.

I would put all the MB resources into the new engines. These new engines would have many variaties not the current dull MB line up. These engines would incorporate the latest tech and being made out of a titanium magnesium alloy they would be the lightest and cheapest around.

$$$$$ ...

The new interiour would be made out of the finest materials and won't use any plastic or such.

I would sell the current outdated factories and start building new modern factories which would cut production time and cost in half.

$$$$$$ ...

I would start researching new lightweight alloys. I would invent a new titanium alloy which would be practical to manufactur, strong and cheap. This combined with the light engine MB would have the lightest cars around.

$$$$$$$ ...

Using only the finest speakers, the best screens and the most useable and well thought out interfaces. Everything would become possible.

$$$$$$$$ :o ...

This all combines, within a few years I would have MB building the lightest, fastest, most luxurious and cheapest cars ever.

I would go down in history as the person who set autmotive engineering forward lightyears. My name would be among those of Daimler, Benz and Maybach.

Those are all good very goals, but none of that sounds " cheap " at all. Especially the use of premium materials used everywhere. MB might be able to afford it, but it wouldn't provide the $$ Returns $$ that they like.

Good Luck making the finest cars in the world for an earthly price :wink: .

By the way : If you didn't any sort of plastic on the interior, what would you use?

Nah with a net profit of 1.2 billion euro MB can afford it. Heck the only thing I would be doing is taking resources out current nonsense projects and putting them into projects that would help the company in general.

And remember I would build the best engines for decades to come so the return is spread over a longer period :)

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...