EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

04 Pontiac GTO

Arty25

Empfohlene Beiträge

This car is the best I would like to see a new car in the 30,000 dollar range have a 5.8 liter, 350 hp and 8 cylinders you won't be able to find one for performance with minimal pricing it's the best. You can actually hear the car revving up on pontiac.com and click on vechiles and go to upcoming cars and click gto and your there.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

actually, pricing on GTO is supposed to start at 38k and go on up. It has a 346 cui. inch (5.665L - we can call it a 5.7L though) LS1 V8, in fact, the same exact one used on corvette. It is slated to push the large coupe to sixty in 5.6 secconds or better, and is to have good handling. It is also going to be made exclusively in australia.

For 38k, i'd take a cobra or an M3 to be honest.

• 2 Wochen später...

maybe you need to tell Wally McCarthy pontiac that. I went in to ask what they were going for, they are bidding up their allotment of pre-ordered GTOs, he said that they had a pretty nicely loaded one with a sticker of $35k that was at $38k right now, and i'd still have to wait a few months to get it. They are selling over list right now, and sticker isn't that low. Furthermore, they are only being offered with a 4spd auto, which is again, why i'd spend the same money to buy a cobra. That's just me.

yeah i went online and checked out the stats. 390hp is nice to have. its just the handling that worries me. my friend has an 02 gt and it is a boat in the curves. maybe they have that suspension for 1/4 mile? i know you want softer springs to transfer weight to the rear of the car for traction, i hope thats not the case with that cobra. statistically speaking it seems pretty damn decent.

the Cobra has a totally different rear suspension from the GT. GT uses a beam axle (and handles accordingly), the cobra uses a multi-link indapendant rear suspension, and has a slalom speed of nearly 65mph, which is pretty respectable in the curves, in fact, i'd bet it's higher than the GTO's.

• 3 Wochen später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Arty25,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I've heard the SVT Cobra mustang's r actually really nice into curves. They have the same skidpad as

a lancer evo. I'd still take an Evo though and for the $4k-$6k u save

u could easily make it faster and more agile.

The thing is i HATE ford's and mustang cuz of their worthless durability and reliability. But i do give props to the

Mach1 and the newest SVT Cobra mustang's cuz finally they aren't POS's nemore.

The GTO is easily one of the finest GM cars we've seen in a long time, it is well designed, high quality control and fit and finish, and good engineering, the biggest let down to me is that it was designed and built in australia. So much for a great american car eh?

GTO_wallpaper8_sm.jpg

Can you find the missing 20 hp? Why the 90 degree bends? Why not exit on opposite sides of the rear like a true muscle car? Why go out of your way to make your exhaust look like its coming from a straight 6 as opposed to a v8?

. Furthermore, they are only being offered with a 4spd auto, which is again, why i'd spend the same money to buy a cobra. That's just me.

Where did you get this nonsense? Car is available with the same 6 speed as the vette.

the same engine as the corvette, and supposedly a more refined and smooth V8 rumble. everything i've read says it's one of the nicest V8 notes around (especially next to the cobra's floor waxer engine sound). I haven't heard one, but look forward to it.

The recording I've heard over the net is obviously an informal garage recording, so there is a lot of loud echoing, but I doubt there has been any " digital tinkering ". Why would there be? People will know the truth soon enough. It's an LS-1, so there is no reason for the note to be disapointing. If they want it to sound good, it will.

Ford should really find a better way of getting power, rather than resorting to a huge blower. The old naturally aspirated 427 4-barrel was conservatively rated at 390 hp. and 460 lb.ft., and that was 35 years ago. Surely they can crank real power without a blower these days. Some real displacement would help for starters.

The 427 couldn't pass emmissions in a million years, and i believe that ran on leaded fuel no less. Not a fair comparison, but still get your idea.

They never fully tuned those 4V/DOHC heads they put on the cobra to the length they could have been. That engine could easily put out 400 naturally aspirated if they got it to flow well and got more aggressive tuning it. I wouldn't mind seeing a 5.4DOHC V8 without a blower, say if they could get it to pump 425-450hp, that would be perfect in my eyes.

I read an article where ford custom made a 5.8L V10 40V DOHC engine based on the cobra motor, but naturally aspirated. 440hp and a 0-60 of 4.4 - without final tuning. And a quarter mile of 12.3. Not bad. Too bad it likely will never see prodcution.

I read that too, wasn't that a souped up Triton V10? I don't think they would go through the trouble of grafting on two cylinders. Ford definitely needs to get beyond that " 4.6 liter " thing. They don't employ the goods to make that kind of displacement work.

As for the GTO, I'm awaiting a redesign already.

• 2 Monate später...

Hello Guys.....

I agree on the fact the the reliability on the amrican Cars over all sucks.

How ever there are some exceptions out there.

I just recently aquired a 03 Mustang Saleen S-281 and gotta tell you that it is one of the most interesting cars i've ever owned!and i had quite a few of them.

I agree on the fact as well that the handling sucks,but then again take a look at the saleen's!

Saleen variable rate front and rear springs

Saleen front struts (N2) and bushings

Saleen rear shocks (N2)

Saleen front sway bar and pivot bushings

High Performance Pirelli P7000 tires 255/35ZR18 (Front)

265/35ZR18 (Rear)

Saleen five spoke alloy wheels 18" x 9 " front and rear

Saleen high performance wheel alignment and tuned chassis

It makes a difference in what they did.

The Car will never perform as well in the twisties as my BMW 3 series that i had,but it is close to it.

Living in Los Angeles,doesn't matter what you show up with as your car,people don't care anymore there's plenty of every car make and model here,i see grand maa's and grand paa's driving S55's and Porsche TT's Ferrarris and Lambos.

I wanted to go with performance,looks and limited availability car,saleen checked all these boxes when i was looking for a car.

It might be a Mustang but it still gets a lot of looks and people asking is that a Saleen??! :D

The new cobras are great,very fast and agressive looking,but still need to improve their handling issues,the SVT team should look at Saleen and what they do when it comes to handling.

For the money the Cobra is a great car but the resale value sucks!

At least with my Saleen i know that i can sell it and not be up side down!

I'm curious about the 2005 MUSTang saleen

reliability on our cars ins't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, our quality might not be phenomenal, but our cars run and are solid for the money. They are really getting better too, when you say our cars aren't reliable, keep in mind how many european and japanese parts bins we went through to build our new cars :D

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...