EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Sequential vs. stickshift

P.I.M.P

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

you know that the Gallardo uses the same sequential that Ferrari 360 F1 uses right. Same exact one.

And the one that BMW uses in M3 shifts faster and is more sophisticated. I personally like shifting, but BMW's SMG II had me impressed.

My thoughts are that you'll be more in tune with the car, and thus more capable of driving well if you have a stick. Also, you can alter your cars dynamics a lot by how you work the clutch, i'm all over mine in hard corners in the BMW when it gets rough, it just gives you more control, and sometimes you need that. A lot of that.

I agree with you, I would take stickshift any day, I was just saying that Lambo had the best sequential out there and that no other company has made their sequentials better than their standards. And why would Lambo share a gearbox with Ferrari?

they are both made by the same company, Magnetti or Magnelli or something like that, Ferrari has been using thier tranny for some time, and since they are the only people who make a transmission for that layout of car, so lambo used it too. Same exact tranny.

It would be hard for me to choose because I like the way of shifting on a stick but i like the auto modes on the sequential so when i drive in the city its not a big pain in the balls. I hope that someone comes out with a full stick that has an auto mode. If anyone ever will, it will probably be Mercedes, or porsche.

Actually, BMW will probably be first there, as their SMG is already most of the way there. It has auto modes and semi-auto modes, and I'd like to see full manual modes too someday. Now that would be a gearbox.

i saw a mazda conept a while back where it was a manual with a linear gate shifter (instead of the H-Gate), you just went straight up and back (and it did have a clutch). Then again, i saw a mazda concept with no steering wheel and a joystick, so go figure.

BMW has raised the issue of making a "simulated" shifter which would be connected to the SMG's electronics, but was shifted like a normal manual. It seemed to be less than sensical, so last i heard it was abandoned. I think if i'd get used to SMG in a hurry if i used it everyday, i hold on to a real manual so hard because i'm used to it, and enjoy it. I don't know, there's just something about driving my old 318i, which has a suspension so tight you can feel any and everything on the road, no power steering (i took that out too), and an amazing shifter that just makes you feel connected. Then again, in an M3, it's all about performance, so i'd rather have the SMG there i guess.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...