EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Pic of all-new 2005 Chevy Corvette

PersianJ

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

If thats' the real deal, it doesn't look half bad. It could compete with Ferrari for looks. I think Chevrolet has worn out that " Mako Shark " look as far as it's going to go though. They have been using that design formula since the late 60s'. Although that concept picture looks good, I would like to see a return to a more mid-60s' Stingray style at some point.

C4 lasted for 12 years, which means C5 has another 6 years to go to match that. And their already planning a C6 for '05. People can't sit stilll these days can they?

the C4 had much more timeless lines, they were new, but not trendy, and while C5 is more attractive (to me at least), it just wasn't the styling revolution or styling success C4 was, C6 (as seen there) seems like a step in the wrong direction, but hey, they wouldn't hurt corvette would they?

I just cant wait for hte new C6 z06 style. See what hte hell tha twill bring to the table. The z06 is the worlds best bang for the buck behind the 03 corba...so lets see what they will deliver!

dude, have you forgotten what an M3 is, much less an EVO.

And if the corvette looks anything like that image, i've lost all respect for GM..

The m3 and the evo are awesome cars, but for the price to performance ration the corvette wins. But for the price to ergonomics..the m3 wins for sure. But i have seen teh z06 eat up teh m3 over and over both on a drag course. and auto x course!

• 1 Monat später...
dude, have you forgotten what an M3 is, much less an EVO.

And if the corvette looks anything like that image, i've lost all respect for GM..

You are also inclined to say the M3 due to owning a BMW, just like I would suggesst a Chevy. I think the new vette looks good, but I will always like the C5. And in the domestic car scene the vette is really only rivaled by the Cobra in my opinon.

Here's how i see it, 45k will get you either an M3 or a base vette. Both run 0-60 in 4.8 secconds, both run even in the quarter, the M3 is a hair quicker through the slalom, the vette a hair grippier on the skidpad, but the M3 seats 4 people, has a longer warrantee, more luxury features, a more upscale and higher quality interior, more trunk space, complimentary maintanance, and lower fuel consumption (as tested by motor trend).

So you get the same performance for the same price M3 to Vette, but the M3 owns vette in practicality. The M3 has refinement and build quality on the cobra, but in bang for buck, you will get more per your dollar on cobra (cobra seats 4, is of roughly equal quality to vette, runs even in 0-60, a bit slower in the quarter, but not much, and is over 10k less. Ditto with the EVO.

but the M3 seats 4 people, has a longer warrantee, more luxury features, a more upscale and higher quality interior, more trunk space, complimentary maintanance, and lower fuel consumption (as tested by motor trend).

What do any of these things have to do with "bang for the buck"?

I spent the weekend at summit point raceway for a DE in my M3 this past weekend-- There were plenty of c5 vettes and e46 m3's and when it came down to it the stock c5's OWNED the m3's around the track (and I'm not talking about z06 -- those owned EVERYONE including Wrx's, Evo's 944's, 911 GT 2's, Mustang cobras and CLK55 AMG's ..just to name a few) It doesn't matter what this magazine says or this test found--- Bang for the buck the corvette is the best you can get and Z06 is the king of the hill.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo PersianJ,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

the zo6 owned the 911 gt2???? how is that possible?? the 2002 911 gt2 has 456hp, 457lb-ft. it weighs a little under 3200lbs. 0-60 in 3.6, 1/4 mile in 11.9. average slalom speed of 68.7, which is the fastest production car road and track has ever tested. not to mention a lateral acceleration of 1.02g. how is it possible that the zo6 "ownes "it???

Summit Point is a track with lots of room for a car like the Vette to stretch it's legs. The Corvette needs room to shine. ZO6 is a great performer, but I'm thinking that the people in the Porsche GT2 did not know how to drive. Everything else probably still had a limiter on it. Again, Corvette is a capable steed, but it's unlike a Vette to " own " everything else on the track. Were there any Vipers?

Anyway, M3 was never meant to be a bang for the buck kind of thing. Your paying for the racing technology, and sharp refinement of the whole package.

By the way J, it's ZO6 with an "O", not a zero :D .

The numbers are there, a GT2 is a race car, ZO6 is a great performer, but it's no GT2, and by the way, persian, your dinky autospies stuff has proven inaccurate, if you'll look at the other new corvette topic on this thread.

the 2002 911 gt2 has 456hp, 457lb-ft. it weighs a little under 3200lbs. 0-60 in 3.6, 1/4 mile in 11.9. average slalom speed of 68.7, which is the fastest production car road and track has ever tested. not to mention a lateral acceleration of 1.02g. how is it possible that the zo6 "ownes "it???

Why does the sun rise? What are clouds made of? No one knows the answers to these questions, but we still see them happen! :wink:

Summit point is a good track for the vette -- very few brake zones and two long straights back to back with a high speed corner in between.. NO vipers there, but from what I've seen at other tracks the Z06 can keep up with one pretty well.

how is it possible that the zo6 "ownes " a 911 GT2???

Why does the sun rise? What are clouds made of? No one knows the answers to these questions, but we still see them happen! :wink:

I know the answer to that question : Rich guy who can't drive, and couldn't win a race if he had JATO rockets and his life depended on it :wink: .

the sun rises because the earth rotates, changing which part of its surface is pointed at the sun. The clouds are condensed water vapor.

The 911 GT2 outhanles, out accelerates, out brakes, out grips, has more top end, and a flatter torque curve than the ZO6, and is lighter in weight to boot. The only possibility is that the GT2's driver sucked.

i agree with you LNC. i love the I6 that is in this M3. a V8 doesnt appeal to me. i wouldnt think of having a V8 in anything less than a sedan. to me 6 cylinders, with or without FI is the magical number. i mean look at porsche, they never needed the v8 in their beasts... cayenne excluded, but thats a bigger car... i think you get my point

The 928 is an exception, but that was always a V8 car. It's like they want to corode the M3 with every passing generation. Can you imagine an E30 M3 with a big 5.0? I'm sure it's been done before, but it's nutty.

do you have any idea how fast an E30 with the M5's 5.0L V8 would be? That would be sick beyond words. Sure, it was in no way what E30 was about, but admit how fast that would be.

I've been offered the oppurtunity to buy a 1988 BMW 750i for $1,000, it needs some mechanical work (but the tranny and driveline are solid, mostly just small engine stuff), but the body is in good shape. My buddies are pulling hard for me to tweak that 5.0L V12 up and put it under the hood of my 318i (it fits too!). I'm against the idea, as i like the idea of effortlessly going 160mph in a big V12 sedan, but you have to admit an engine like that in a small car like that would be something alright.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...