EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2004 SRT-4

jterp

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

more power is always good. I think it's great there is a car like that made here in the US, even if it is dangerously close to being factory rice, i think if they offered all wheel drive, a tighter suspension, and little extra top end tuned in for say 3-5k more, they'd have a certified WRX killer.

All wheel drive would be sweet-- but i dont really think it is worth it for DC to develop the system for use in only the srt-4--- subaru employs the AWD system throughout its line but i dont think DC would. More power would be even better, but that would start pushing the price up -- the wrx costs 10k more than the srt-4 ...

The Mercedes E-Class will be introduced with optional all-wheel drive for '04. It may be completely unsuitable for the Neon platform, but I wonder if it could be modified for use in an all-wheel drive SRT/4.

The idea of a wide body SRT/4 racing alongside M3s' and 911s' in touring car races is a wild thought I love to entertain. 230 horsepower, 5 pounds more torque, and a more progressive power band. SRT/4 is really on a roll :P !

Polar, you only think this car is " dangerously close to being factory rice " because your opinion of the Neon is not high at all. The Neon SRT/4 is factory Beef, American style. And getting more so by the year.

you of all people should know, a turbocharged 4 banger turning the front wheels is not AMERICAN BEEF. American BEEF is a big ass V8 cranking wild torque to out back.

And the day we see SRT4 going against 911s, i give up driving and move to nova scotia to become a hermit.

It is a good little car, it is quick, and the reason an E-Class awd system can't be used is because it is designed for a longitudinal driveline and in a car that was natively RWD, since the SRT-4 is transverse engine, front drive, front trans-axle, they'd have to use a system like GM's versatrak (the one used in aztek, made by Magna Steyr) , or something like ford uses in the Jaguar X-Type (Borg Warner), or the one VW and Volvo use (the Haldex). Mitsu has one, maybe dodge can bum it off them for SRT4?

• 2 Wochen später...

yes, when i see a 996-911 get taken down in a road course, i'll give it all up and move to live on the sea (but can i have the option of ireland in case nova scotia is short on beer and too rainy)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo jterp,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

well, atleast i'll have a buddy. The guru on E30 318s lives in ireland.

i've always wanted to go there.

you know they tax cars by displacement, and a 1.8L is considdered relatively big there?

i'll have fun!

yes, very safe to say, I suppose an A-class might get a following, but lots of vauxhall, rover, opel, and of course, for the sporty minded, small engined bimmers (the 318i E46, still using the M44 I4, is quite popular there)

• 1 Monat später...

Omg C'mooooon its a lil bity car that rivals the TT supra in 1/4 miles.

Now tell me how this can be bad?

Hell i wouldn't mind drag racing it against my SDS eclipse

it would be very interesting to find out who would win :D

this year the car is dynoing at around 247hp and 270tq..... at the wheels!!! no doubt its fast, but i dont trust neon rinning at 1 bar all day long. i want to see how this car does in a year. also its way too much power for a front wheel drive car, it will have trouble transfering it to the ground on a race track. the car will understeer like no other.

247 to the wheels? Are you talking about the '04 SRT/4? Because that car has recieved a bump up to 230 hp and a 5lb. boost in torque to 250. Good news for '04 is a limited slip differential.

I would trust an SRT/4 to run 1bar all day long. You think Dodge hasn't already done it? They would not equip that car with something that it couldn't take.

And it's not too much power for a front driver, Alfa GTA is front drive, and puts out 250 hp. in proper fashion, along with excellent handling, so it can be done.

yeah im talking about the 04 srt. they underated the power. they did an indipendant test of the car, and when they dynoed it stock it put out 247fwhp, 270fwtq. and as for the alfa, that car is art in motion, you cant compare the handling of an NA alfa to a FI neon. granted the acr neon was created for one lap and it handles superbly , but that neon isnt turbo either. the power delivery of the 156 is much more linear, and very clean, making it easy to transfer the power without losing control( wheels spinning) the srt spins at every turn.

Here we go again :D ! Dodge cars putting out more power than advertised, just like the Musclecar days!

Whether or not the SRT can handle it's power with the finesse of the Alfa is beside the point. 250 to the front wheels is not too much. I'm sure the SRT will still handle fine. At the rate they're going, it will be improved with every passing year.

this year the car is dynoing at around 247hp and 270tq..... at the wheels!!! no doubt its fast, but i dont trust neon rinning at 1 bar all day long. i want to see how this car does in a year. also its way too much power for a front wheel drive car, it will have trouble transfering it to the ground on a race track. the car will understeer like no other.

one of the reason's y they added the new Quaife Front LSD on the new models :lol: so it wouldn't :)

Whether or not the SRT can handle it's power with the finesse of the Alfa is beside the point. 250 to the front wheels is not too much. I'm sure the SRT will still handle fine. At the rate they're going, it will be improved with every passing year.

i never said it couldnt handle the power. are you familiar with turbo cars? have you ever raced with one? when cornering obviously you decelerate, well when you go to wide open throttle with turbo cars there is lag, then a rush of power. this power delivery is not linear, and it is hard to keep your car from spinning tires. my S4 (granted it has a lot more power, but it is also modded) will break loose in a turn when i go wide open throttel, but ONLY when the turbos spool up. once the turbos spool, there is a tremendous surge of power.

in a rear drive car with lag, you can mash the throttle half way in the corner, and as you transition out of the corner, it will perfectly mesh with the boost coming on hard, front drive cars will torque steer and often break the front end loose, which is scary, meaning they have to be more conservatively driven through the twisties.

Trust me, I had a '92 Saab 900 Turbo, i know about scary front drive turbo characteristics, it's not a setup condusive to stable handling. Sometimes drivng that car was plain scary.

they can be made fast, though the transverse mounting of an engine is a pain, the only issue comes in handling, simply put, a front drive car can't negotiate curves the way a rear drive can, being able to power around a corner and effortlessly control the tail with the throttle are just things you can't do in a front drive car.

they can be made fast, though the transverse mounting of an engine is a pain, the only issue comes in handling, simply put, a front drive car can't negotiate curves the way a rear drive can, being able to power around a corner and effortlessly control the tail with the throttle are just things you can't do in a front drive car.
it cant go through them like rwd cars can but it can do it fairly efficiently. with a fwd car thats balanced you can come out of turn full throttle and the rear end just follows. there is no risk of spinning out of control. the only limitation of fwd cars is that power transfer/torque steer. which prove to be problems when dealing with higher hp numbers.

the problem with the srt4 is that dodge doesnt know how to make the power hook up. the older neons did well, i dont understand how the handling got so much worse

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...