EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Lamborhini Replicas and Look Alikes

imported_thugcar

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi. Presently I own a 1998 Lamborghini Diablo. My friend has been really impressed with the looks of it, not to mention the curb appeal :) . However, he cannot afford a real one. What are your opinions on buying a replica kit car built on a stretched Pontiac Fiero frame. Thanks a lot!

• 3 Monate später...
Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I don't know about replica's built on other car's chassis, but here in Australia there's a guy here who bought a Contach kit from over seas and when it arrived it was so bad he dumped it and made his own. He made his own space frame chassis with better then original geometry and handling. I haven't seen one first hand but the magazine articles and website descibe a lot of hte process and all i can say is "I will have one", one day anyway. He produces them now for sale, as a kit or a complete car. Currently he's only produced Contach's and is currently manufacturing an original supercar for track use. But i think your mate should check out his website anyway, it's very interesting www.carbontech.com.au Cheers Craig

Well thugcar, I suggest your " friend " not to fake it. Tell him to get a real performance car that is within his means. He'll have more fun in the long run.

By the way, your 1997 Ferrari Testarossa must be really rare, considering that they hadn't made them for years by that time. Or as you spelled it " Testerosa ". Perhaps that is a different model I had never heard of before.

Good luck to your " friend ". :D:)

• 2 Monate später...

Why copy? Because the real thing probably costs at least $100,000 more. And why would you want to destroy a perfectly good Lambo if you were filming a movie?

Ever seen " The Rock "? There is a yellow F355 that gets trashed in the movie, but we can see it's a fake, because the body panels fall off like Rubbermade. I'm sure a fake was a lot cheaper, and easier to get a hold of anyway.

Why copy? Because the real thing probably costs at least $100,000 more. And why would you want to destroy a perfectly good Lambo if you were filming a movie?

Ever seen " The Rock "? There is a yellow F355 that gets trashed in the movie, but we can see it's a fake, because the body panels fall off like Rubbermade. I'm sure a fake was a lot cheaper, and easier to get a hold of anyway.

I don't see nething wrong with makin copies for movie's

cuz real cars would be 2 expensive and be wasting

them for true potential owners. But for personal pleasure???

I mean who r they tryin 2 kid??

Ne real car enthusiasts would know the sound of a true lamborghini diablo or a ferrari F355.

I mean yeah they would easily fool the average car driver cuz they don't know wat a gr8

soundin car or wat a true exotic sounds like even if it bit them in the ass.

But if they truely would want this for their car then all i hafta say is i hope there

r no true car enthusiasts where they live cuz they will be the laughin stock of the town.

Do any of you guys know how much extra change you would need to maintain/insure a Countach?

Sure they run for around $80k (give or take a few), but for maintenance you would need an extra 15k just to be comfortable, more if you ask other owners (some suggest 20-30k). You would need roughly 1k a month for insurance (depending on your provider)...To top it off, this estimate is just for 2,000 miles a year...If you want to enjoy it regularly, you're definitely going to need more.

Also, some parts for the Countach are very hard to come by, and therefore makes them expensive. Their engine is very similar to the Diablo, so the maintenance is roughly the same (if not more, because of availability of parts, some are discontinued). So that's $27k at the very least to own a Countach.

Ok, so these figures are estimates, but they give you an idea on the running costs of a Lambo. If you can afford the price of the car and have tons of extra cash, by all means get the real deal cause there's nothing like it. But even if you do have $90k to spend on a car, you don't have enough to own AND maintain a Countach.

For the record, I don't own a Countach or a replica, I'm just looking at my options is all.

And lastly for the original poster, I don't like the Fiero chassis, so look for other options, perhaps a custom chassis.

• 1 Monat später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo imported_thugcar,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Lamborghini (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Although im not sure if my sources are totally accurate, but a guy down here in australia bought the black diablo off the movie bedazzled (which is a fake) and that apparently is sitting on a fiero chassis.

And lastly for the original poster, I don't like the Fiero chassis, so look for other options, perhaps a custom chassis.

There are also some countach / diablo replica kit based on the Toyota MR-2 chasis available ...

I personally prefer an american chasis over a japanese ... sorry

• 11 Monate später...

i don t like replicas,because it s not difficult to see and hear the differences.

they often have a lot of less power and sound,and i already saw lots of replicas.not a single replica looked like a real one,furthermore i don t like fakes.my dream is a diablo,or murcie,but i only wanna have a real one,because only the real ones are real Lamborghinis. :wink2:

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...