EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Extra HP on Audi TT

rage1128

Empfohlene Beiträge

I have a 2000 Audi TT with 180 hp. It's a great car, but not close to as powerful as I would like it to be. I'm close friends with my car dealer, but he is only willing to install things into the car made by Audi, no other chips or anything. Does Audi make any sort of package to boost up the hp?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • 2 Wochen später...

If you want some real kicking performance out of your car, start by dropping the updated and tweaked 3.2 engine into the TT ad getting the body kit and other upgardes. Then you can fiddle with the 250HP engine till you get a healthy 320HP out of it. I think that should be enough. You'll get 0-62 times of roughly 4.6 seconds or so. And Max. Speed will hover around 175MPH. Is that enough? If you want to get the maximum power with the minimum loss in MPGs and the minimum increase in emissions (if you care) then go for upgardes that require less fuel and more tweaking on the engine itself. Chip-tuning and intercooling are always good to get extra performance out of an existing engine.

swapping to a 3.2L V6 would be astronomically expensive. a TT does not have the aerodynamics for 175. The factory limits it actually quite low for reasons of poor downforce aerodynamics. A revised ECU for the engine, an intake, exhaust, new turbos if you really want, better intercoolers, underdriving pulleys. You already have nearly 130hp/l out of a TTi, so you just have to chip ahead with a bunch of little uprgrades that add up to more power, but make no mistakes, there is plenty of power left there.

Well, I'm getting a new car pretty soon, so I don't want to go spend many thousands of dollars for only a year or two. I would be more interested in keeping a budget of about a thousand to get one chip or something else minor, but powerful. I would be very happy with even a simple 50 hp chip or exhaust system.

really? the current TT is based upon the same platform that underpins the jetta (hence, TT uses a haldex AWD, as opposed to the steyr-puch in other quattros). I am pretty sure no V8 is going into an engine bay anything like that. What will TT be underpinned on for 2005? - knowing VW - it WILL NOT get its own platform. (they are the largest proponents of platform sharing I can think of).

i'm pretty sure there will be V8s....coz there will be no a4 coupe so next gen.TT will be something between present tt and a4 in case of size...i would say it'll be on a4 platform...and a4 has v8....

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo rage1128,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Audi (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

so the next generation TT will essentially be a restyled A4 coupe? They already have the A4 Cabrio, I would think if it road the A4 platform, they'd call it an A4, and the V8 powered variant would be an S4 Coupe. or S4TT, the regular ones would be A4TT? I don't know.

• 3 Monate später...

It sounds like your dealer friend is prone to cold feet. The TT is based on a Beetle platform, it's more of a styling excercise, and will never be a serious performance machine. Even the MTM Bimoto with twin 370 horsepower engines is just a showcase for it's tuner. It goes, but doesn't handle worth a damn.

If you want to drop a load of money into your TT, there are ways to make it really fast, but then you would just have a hot car, by TT standards.

Yeah, it wasn't MEANT to be a performance machine, but since the styling is now ordinary to most people, the best thing to do with it is to give it minor face-lifts while giving it more power and performance packages. It's turning out to be a Honda of sorts. I'd still buy one thuogh, if it got a good V6 with over 400HP.

to get over 500 from the Ltest S4 you need a good twin-turbocharger is all you need. It already makes 344BHP, so it shouldn't be too hard to give it that extra boost to 500. If it were me I'd even consider Nitrous, since the engine would probably be solid enough to take it after some modifications.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...