EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

help improving performance of car

300ZXTT

Empfohlene Beiträge

My friend recently perchased a non-turbo 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Can you please give us some tips on how to improve the acceleration and engine performance of the car. We don't have a super high budget, but can you help us get started? All we've added so far is an Arospeed Muffler. :-?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

well, i assume since you are on a limited budget, a turbo kit is out of the question.

the new muffler is probably a good start (though there is probably still some restriction from the exhaust system being narrow - and gunk in the catalyst).

A cold air intake is also a lot of power for a little money. Maybe think about a variable or more aggressive fuel pressure regulator (the tradeoff there being gas mileage. An adjustable one is nice in that it lets you pick how you'd like it).

Since the car isn't a turbo, a new computer chip wouldn't give enough power to justify its cost. A bigger throttle body is always nice. Also, a new cam always helps.

Hope that helps.

if i remember right, the non turbo eclipse from that era is a single overhead cam engine (SOHC). Therefore, yes I mean adding a NEW cam (there are cams out there with more lift and duration for more performance). these are nice because they make a big difference in power. I would also do a cam gear with this as well.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...