EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Ford GT40

thepolarfoxqx

Is the GT40 good enough to go toe to toe with europe's best?  

1. 1. Is the GT40 good enough to go toe to toe with europe's best?

Empfohlene Beiträge

Well, Fox seeing as to how sub-4 acceleration and ~225MPH top speeds are almost a thing of the past now, I think we should instead look forward to sub-3 and 250MPH+ top speeds. And even if we aim low and expect 225MPH and sub-4, I can think of at least 4 German cars that would receive super-car status for these. The new Porsche GT, the Porsche 911 GT3, the Porsche, the Mercedes-Benz SLR, and the Grand-daddy of them all, the Lotec Sirius. Oh, and for anyone who wants to challenge me on whether or not Lotec is German, look at the official website's domain: it's a ".de" which stands for Deutsche, German domains (http://www.lotec-gmbh.de/)). The company's contact info (postal address) is:

Lotec GmbH

Kurt Lotterschmid

Staatsstr. 42

83059 Kolbermoor

The reason why I say that is because I've had a lot of people argue with me on whether or not Lotec is based out of Germany or not. They even argued with me on the basis that Lotec didn't use a German engine. Even that was wrong, as the Sirius actually uses a highly-modified Merced-Benz V12 engine.

But, anyway, getting back to intelligent non-poinless car discussion:

Don't expect the Germans to just stand there while a battle rages on for supercars around the world. The Germans know they have an excellent chance if they actually give a damn about it, and they can leave everyone else in their dust. Especially if they were to work together like the Swedes do. BMW and Mercedes may not even need to make brand-new super-cars. Their sedans slone are approaching super-car-level performance as we speak, and all they need to do is remove the speed-limiters on those bad-boys and you have yourself and unbeatable line-up of high-quality super-sport-rockets. Porsche has at least 3 cars that can pull quarter-mile times of ~12 seconds, and sub-4 has already been achieved many times over. Mercedes is so crazy with power that at this rate they will have four door sedans performing equal to or better than a Cadillac by 2008. And BMW's mad arrogance and highly competitive spirit is one that can single-handedly crush Ford (well, maybe not as easily as I make it sound, but you get the point). We already have cars like the M6 in or past the proposal concept phase, and with one hint of a chanllenge they can go mad and turn the M6 (or any cars that follow it) into a 700HP+ something-beyond-super-car.

And believe me when I say Audi will want a piece of the pie as well.

Oh and imagine if Lotec was bought by Mercedes-Benz or some other German company. Then you'd be facing imminent defeat.

I think you can answer your own queastion yourself, Fox. And it wouldn't be "no German car."

Anywho, sorry a007pl, I forgot about your post. Those are nice pics you posted. Thanks for the info as well. I hope they make a super-sportier version of the 5.4L 500HP version, pushed up to 600 or something. This car deserves to be up there with the best, and the looks are amazing no matter what a bunch o' crazy spy-photographers think. And also, it's not all that surprising that the spy photos were published by Ford. It's not like the car was tested at Nurburgring. If you just take the car out to the streets to test it out, chances are no "spy photographer" will follow you and take pictures. Ford is just trying to a bit of real-life in-the-streets live-advertisement and showing of the car. And although they would tell you otherwise, they'd obviously rather build hype over the car than to do everything secretly.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo thepolarfoxqx,

kennst du schon Ford GT40 (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

US Cars Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | US Cars Zubehör (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • Antworten 73
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

I will use the same statement that has always worked my whole life.

Just wait, time will tell.

Do you know anyone who owns a Lotec? Yeah, me neither.

You wanna tell christian von koenigsegg that his swedish egg is getting beaten by germans, because I think he doesn't see it that way.

Lotec has always made cars costing well over a million dollars. A Ford GT will cost 120k when it comes out, and with 550 hp (yes, 550 now) will nearly equal a Lotec (ya see, lotec can make tons of power, but somehow, their cars never really get much faster). With better than 900k in my pocket, I'll be happy to say I drive a ford. For 400k, which is less than half of that of a lotec and still much less than the SLR, I can have a Koenigsegg CC or Saleen S7. As of now, no car has specs to beat a CC. 1.15g on the skidpad, 264mph topend, and high speed trials are still under way, 0-60 in 3.2, and a new engine on the way.

The germans are great engineers, no one doubts, i am just saying that they are but one country, no matter how great, amongst many. You underestimate Sweden and the US.

Time will tell, we will see, and talk about this when all is said and done.

We'll never see this comin to Europe We've got enough supercars here but we could see it else where.If you have new pics please post them as i would like some for my computer if you can thank you and good drivin' 8)

that thing is soooo nice looking. I defy you to find me a car anywhere that is better looking. Any one else notice it has the Volvo Shift System (the ball shifter).

I didn't kow "ball-shift" was Volvo's.

And yes, I could probably find 1 or 2, or a maximum of 3 cars that look just slightly better. But you're right it looks amazing. I'm gonna buy massive posters of the pics I posted. can't get enough. It looks too good.

the ball shift (as well as a number of other odd parts) are from ford subsidiary volvo AB of sweden. I didn't like the ball shift system until I used it.

I give ford a thumbs up for using this great technology!

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo thepolarfoxqx,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

the shifter motion is very very very smooth, without loosing sensetive feeling. Once you get used to it, you can rattle off laser quick shifts time after time - and it looks cool to boot.

A local dealer of mine said that they shoould be gettig one of hte new realeses of the GT when the release date comes out...i will be sure to try to get pics for you guys!!!! hehe

Man you're lucky. I wish our Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Saleen dealer did that. I don't know if they will for another 2 years or so. If they did I'd be first in line to test-drive!

Well it helps when yo uhave bought 12 fords in 8 years, fabricated and contracted 5 of the managers homes, and helped two of the dealers bring in 4 Cobra R's....haha

Then hopefully they will let me drive it....(keep on dreaming T88. )

Well I think if You’ve done all of that they’d have to be pretty harsh and mean to not let you test-drive the GT.

I’ve bought 0 Fords in “n” years. That doesn’t help my case much, does it?

My ford dealer doesn't really know me. A freind of the family owns the oldest ford dealer in north dakota. if i sold him my soul - he'd let me drive his demo.

then again, he was pretty vigilant about keeping everyone far away from his T-Bird demo.

I remember reading in a road and track(?) that the Ford GT40 might possibly come with a V12. now at that time they had concept sketches only and those sketches were farily futuristic looking, they were no wear near what we see today as the Ford GT. My question is what ever happened to the V12 engine they proposed.?(or maybe that was just R&D wioth on of their "predictions"). I guess Ford going with the V8 may have been a better move seeing as the original GT40 used one (sans supercharger).

well, a very high tech and powerful V12 was developed (similar in concept to the one in aston martins) for the Ford GT90, but for the GT40 (GT) it was found to be a more practical, faster and cheaper to develop solution to put modified 5.4 in there. They did have to have it done for the centeniel remember :roll:

aahhh yes of course. I forgot about the whole centennial thing. Not that the V8 is bad, but if the V12 was similar to aston's (especially the vanquish) I would have loved to see that engine. I love the sound of the vanquish, makes my spine tingle

the V12 in vanquish is nothing short of a work of art. I think it should make more power than it does, but it sounds phenonmenal.

The V12 was similar in concept - but very expensive. It would be really cool, but development would take valuable time.

Ford has a rumored 6.8L V12 DOHC 48V in development - as a high-line lincoln motor. That would be cool too. That is rumored to be a 90 degree V12 - which would make it a one of a kind too.

I want to know why Ford's sub-divisions are just standing around. Lincoln's been kind'a tryin' to do some stuff, but it's not enough. I think the Mercury Messenger (with it's 5.4L V8) and Maurauder concepts can kind'a revive Mercury and help Ford, but at the moment it seems all the work is being done by Ford themselves.

I'd have to agree that the Vanquish 'gin makes too little power (460HP) for a large-displacement V12. I wouldn't exactly complain either, but....

Patrick, might the "futuristic-looking concept sketches" have been of the GT90? Because I've seen a few sketches of the GT40 as well and they looked faily similar. In fact the reinvented GT40 looked very "classic" to from the beginning. The GT90 on the other hand had many different phases and shifts in exterior design, most of which were at the conceptualization stage. It may have been one of the GT90 concept spin-off designs.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...