EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Ford GT40

thepolarfoxqx

Is the GT40 good enough to go toe to toe with europe's best?  

1. 1. Is the GT40 good enough to go toe to toe with europe's best?

Empfohlene Beiträge

The car that america took to europe and won comes back. For 2003, Ford is going to sell a mid-engine sports car - powered by a supercharged DOHC 5.4L V8 - 500+hp. With a curb weight of just over 3,000lbs, it beats a viper off the line and never falls behind. According to ford, it will beat a 360 modena around the track. Does america finally have a car that embodies all of the great american traits (power, spirit, brute force) with the refined central engine body style. For years american auto makers have made concept cars. Today, we build one. Anyone want to chime in on the GT40?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo thepolarfoxqx,

kennst du schon Ford GT40 (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

US Cars Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | US Cars Zubehör (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • Antworten 73
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

no doubt that the 427 GT40 is the supreme car for speed and at the limits handling, and building it from a kit is half the fun - but isn't it cool that the factory is actually bulding one - With 500hp+ stock, a suspension to shame ferrari at the limits (it will probably have the ride quality of a WW2 jeep, but who cares?). I think the Supercharged DOHC V8 alone is worth the 30K in difference between the factory and kit. That engine comes on low - making 90% of its torque by 1,200rpms, and keeps going all the way to its 6,500rpm redline. No naturally asp. big block can do that. Only problem with the S/C V8 compared to a 427, 427 sounds like pure horsepower, the S/C 5.4L sounds like a floor waxer.

Now if only Shelby would start making the cobra again................

• 3 Monate später...

the debut of the GT40 production car has a new name...the name under the GT...because ford failed to trade mark the GT40s name.....the saphir company who specializes in GT40 from 62-69 bought the name of the GT40 in 99 thus asking ford for 40 million dollars from ford for the rights .... ford declined the payment...so 1000 copies of the GTs will now be built and cost about 150.000 US dollars....but with fords mark ups...i twill be more.... :D

• 3 Wochen später...

when was the last time you dragged a nascar at a stop light.

yeah, i thought so.

I have been on both sides of the eurocar v. musclecar (I have never raced in a ricer though - nor will I (will race against 'em though)).

A GT40 should be as good as any european car available at any price, and for a great deal too.

Me:

I have a bit of all american gasoline in my veins, the sound of a small block brings a smile to my face, the wild push of a big old v8, slamming the seat into your back, spinning the tires, smoke, the clutch whines, and you are off, violent shifts, loud growling engines, and power sweat cubic inches. V8

Part of me appreciates the refined power brought to bear by european rocket sleds, rev up a little, slip out the clutch, smoothly wind throught the slick gears, a smooth linear motion, rev higher and higher, hear the engine pick up a high pitched howl, and the feeling as your car passes the other guy at high speed, you both shift to 4th, tripple digits, and the eurocar is still pounding away. That is an awsome feeling to slip away. There is refinement and class to these cars.

Ricer: Ok, lower an economy car, throw a huge muffler on it (which sounds pretty awful too), slap some stickers and funky lights on it, huge konig caffine wheels and 35 ultra low profile tires. Turbo the hell out of it, push NO2 through it like there is no tommorow. First off, they are not really that fast (I shamed a guy in an accord V6 with twin cherry bomb mufflers on (a good 8" wide each, - his was riding right on the deck, and my Jag X Type made minced meat out of him, and I haven't even touched that car yet.

There is nothing there, I don't get why people like them. You can make anything fast, it is a matter of taste how you do it.

I enjoy waving bye at the wild punk (it seems those kind of cars are mostly driven by people who drive like real jerks) as i go flying by a ricer, rather than be in one.

oh by rice i thought u meant all japanease cars.... yeah haha i have no problem eating a civic with a rediculous muffler or accords.... im talkin about skylines... wrx.. nsx... i mean i love my car.... no nos or anything but its boosted its dynod at 680 at the wheels. engine was the last thing i did though i think quarter mile races are stupid. im into autocross so suspension and brakeing system was the first thing done. granted id take a skyline or a ferrari or any of those cars over mine anyday... but i like my own lil creation.. i know its one of a kind....

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo thepolarfoxqx,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

well, a skyline GT-R is a very powerful car, the NSX is timeless, full of class, an able handler, and wowfully underpowered (that car screams for a high winding V8). WRX i believe to be a poor handling car, its shifter is rather balky (even worse than the one in my suzuki). The all wheel drive and turbo motor are awsome, but I believe the Mitsubishi EVO VIII is a much more well rounded vehicle. I don't hate japanese cars, I own one. I hate wound up little economy cars with wild stickers, huge mufflers, no class, what I hate more is when they drive like loonatics. When I tuned volvos, I did race some "ricers". We both had front wheel drive cars, both turbocharged, my 850 was faster than the best streetable civic or integra, looked tasteful, and could be driven to work every day (ok, so I did blow a head gasget). Best of all, my exhaust was quiet enough at my "low idle" of 600rpms that no one knew it was a fast car, it didn't look the part too much, but when I punched it, the turbo spooled, the clutch caught - then all five cylenders sang - civics, cavaliers, integras, celicas, MR2s, saturns, and accords ran in fear.

yes a sleeper is key to races.... having a car look stock and even sound stock... mine used to sound stock but my muffler broke and now its loud :cry: i dont like it loud but i havent gotten around to replace it.. ... i would have liked to see a volvo eating other cars.. i think that would be awesome.... all i see around me are wanna be racecar civics... what a waste of time

people use to laugh when I told them I had a fast Volvo. I even had the T-5R badges on the side of the from fender, everyone thought it was slow, the spoiler did nothing to convince people. The twin exhaust system was well hidden. I had to lower my idle to keep it quiet. I loved to blow the doors off wanna be vin diesel loosers in integras, i shamed the yuppy in his 330i, i lost to a tweaked out camaro Z28 (he was playing on well over twice my displacement). He was amazed just the same. My next project will be tuning my volvo 740. It has a very large engine bay and has a conventional rear wheel drive lonitudinal layout. I am thinking V12Volvo - perhaps an I6 or a high winding V8. If i can get some help, i may just have my V12Volvo. Tell me that wouldn't rock. I am hoping to make this one (currently turning over 11.1second 0-60 on the stock naturally aspirated 2.3L 8V I4 with an automatic. The T-5R at its peak was turning 5.0 on its best days. I want to break into 4s with this one.

it is a ways off, the V12 will fit under the hood, but it won't be easy. A Getrag Manual 6 speed is a must, and of course Something like a Dana 30 out back.

I may just go with a V8 (say like an LS1) - perhaps the Dodge 8.3L Crate. I don't know. We will have to see how things work out.

Sooner or Later, beware, the beastly swede will get a V12.

• 2 Monate später...

Here I am two months after people stopped talking about this topic (oh well, I joined Carpassion in February). I have one thing to say as far as the GT40 is concerned. OH....MY....GOD....!!!! What A Gorgeous Car!!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Oh and I have a question for anyone who cares to take a bit if their precious time to answer: what happened to the GT90? :-?

i would personally sell my soul to drive a GT90. Unfortuneately, it is a purely concept car, never any intention of produciton. Too expensive. Look at the engine and chasis of that bad boy.

LMAO @ "sell my soul"!!!! :) Yeah, you and me both!!!! :D But I think this car will reappear for production in a decade or so (as is usually the case with many Ford concepts), with a minor (or not) facelift and some modifications. I think this thing could be your "American supercar" that we were talking about!

from what I can tell, with a little bit of modernizing (bringing back up to snuff) a GT90 would offer uncontested performance in all areas - bar nothing.

Maybe offer it just to trump Enzo, ford would have two euro-killer GTs.

Tell me that wouldn't boost prestige.

Fox, I love it! You read my mind man! Think about it! The S7 and the GT90. That'll give everyone a run for their money. Of course I'd like to see a good GT90 if it was ever going to be made. No half-ass attempts will do Ford any good. Of course I think the GT40 could still be a contender to the crown as well. Pump that baby up and you've got a car that combines one of the best retro looks ever, with solid performance and super-car status. Aaah, its good to day-dream ain't it? :D

well, I see a GT90 as capable of trumping the Murci, the Gallardo, the Enzo, Ditto with the less high tech S7. The GT (GT40) would take out the 575 and 360s.

You have a fleet of ferrari killers.

It's good to be ford.

Hehhehe! Wait 'till you find out what the Germans are hiding in their stables! I'm gonna love the future! Let's just say you will have at least 4 German cars that trump all the cars you mentioned, Fox. 8) :):P:D

It's good to be Aryan! Hehehe! :D

The GT will

Have Better than 500hp

Less than 3,200lbs

Less than 4 seconds to 60

Better than 225 mph top speed

Handling of better than 1 latteral G

Which german 4 german cars will easily out do this?

Ford unveiling spy pictures of the Ford GT

· Speed testing

· Ready to unveil next year

FORD GT SPY Photography? One of the first prototypes of the all-new 2005 Ford GT supercar was recently spotted during noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) testing on the Los Angeles "River" Basin concrete expanses commonly used for action scenes in Hollywood movies. Surprisingly the spy pictures are published by Ford.

9158_380x285.jpg

The Ford GT has disappointed many spy photographers because the exterior form remains true to the original concept that was a hit on the show circuit. The first fiberglass prototype bodies were created from molds lifted directly from a clay model of the concept. As such, The Ford GT engineering team is testing prototypes without the heavy camouflage that can sometimes hinder testing, especially if loose fitting materials create excessive wind noise during NVH tests.

9159_380x285.jpg

The team will make subtle exterior changes in future prototypes and the first three Centennial production cars, including an integrated spoiler and bumper.

Los Angeles drivers were some of the first to see a Ford GT testing in public early in 2002. Part of Ford's Los Angeles NVH testing routine is to repeatedly drive a pre-established public city route to collect data on interior noise levels. The recorded data is then used to help identify and resolve noise

issues, and then compared to more refined prototypes later in development.

9161_380x285.jpg

Ford chief program engineer Neil Hannemann drew quite a bit of attention on the roads, even during this routine gas stop. Ford GT test drivers have even reported "chasers" that follow the car for long periods of times.

9162_380x285.jpg

9163_380x285.jpg

YOU MIGHT THINK the Ford GT team is celebrating the end of a long day by having a little fun. Actually, this burnout is part of an NVH test to determine how it impacts interior noise volumes. Ford GT development engineer Jamie Cullen is behind the wheel during this test, part of a battery of tests performed with early prototypes.

The early cars use 4.6-litre 400-horsepower engines before prototypes of the final 500-horsepower 5.4-litre production motors are available. Engineers primarily test attributes like NVH, steering and braking with these cars since the engines don't significantly change results.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...