EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New Audi RS6

Seb2

Empfohlene Beiträge

it is possible that next gen.rs6 will have that powerplant shown in nuvolari....no it is not possible,it is clear...next gen S6 is gonna have v10 from gallardo detuned to 450hp...rs6 will have its turbo version...so why not nuvolari's??? :)

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Audi has shown high favor to the in house 4.2L Bi-Turbo. It is for one cheaper, 2 smaller, 3 lower in maintainance, 4 - already in the audi line. I honestly believe they will likely continue using the 4.2L for a while. The only thing that could put a V10 in RS6's hood is the earth-shaking 550hp V10 to be in M5's hood.

that V10 will be bi-turbocharged and will only push out 450hp?

you do know that BMW is putting a naturally aspirated V10 in M5 that makes 100hp more? The next M5 will have greater than 400lbs less in weight to carry around than the current V8 RS6.

Scary thought.

• 1 Monat später...

I'm not a big fan of German cars, but this one is different. I love the interior (it's bullet-proof!), and the styling isn't sexy, but it's very butch. Anyone heard the exhaust note? It's insane! I'd take the Jag any day, but this car is worthy of comparison.

german cars always win over fans on technical merits, fastest accelerating, tightest cornering, best at the limits engineering at work, british cars for their character, british cars have always been able performers, but their appeal is that they are sexy and elegant, top quality, and have feelings.

german cars always win over fans on technical merits, fastest accelerating, tightest cornering, best at the limits engineering at work, british cars for their character, british cars have always been able performers, but their appeal is that they are sexy and elegant, top quality, and have feelings.

It's funny how Germans are renouned for their engineering excellence, yet when surveyed it turned out the Jag XJR was actually more reliable than the BMW. Fastest accelerating? Jaguars are usually faster through the 'box than equivolent German cars.

It's all opinion though. You can't really compare Jags to German cars, because their personalities are different. The S-Type R isn't as fast as the BMW M5, but that's not the point. The S-Type is designed to drive long distances at speed while keeping its composure. The M5 is more of a flat-out 'thrash me' kind of car.

The thing a lot of people don't like about German cars (me included), is that they have no soul.

Well, it isn't that they have no soul, they are very cool and calm under pressure. They don't have the out and out lovable and charismatic character of a british, italian, or swedish car, but their engineering is top notch. BMW has good reliablility across all model lines, while XK and XJ have very high ratings, S and X reliability ratings flat out suck. Small things in german cars is where their attention to detail comes out. People who hate the J-Gate for example because it is a pain in the ass would typically opt for the all function german brands, and those who enjoy the strange action and the exclusivity of the J would buy a jaguar.

• 3 Wochen später...

actually

the E55 passes the RS6 at 30 miles an hour. the RS6 never catches up.

an M5 E39 beats the RS6 to 120. that says something, seeing as the E39 is less powerful and the same weight.

RS6 is that THAT fast compared to the competiton.

rs6.com would show such a thing. I'm going by a comparo done by a major car mag, E55 v. RS6 v. S Type R vs. E39 M5.

they said the E55 was the fastest, the RS6 took M5 to sixty, but by 120, M5 pulled ahead, never to be caught. Sorrily the S was always last, but the most comfortable ride.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...