ViperGTS

High speed crash ...

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Garth   
Garth
Geschrieben

:-o volltreffer, echt heftig!

Das Video find ich auch ohne Vogel ziemlich :-))! , mit dem Speed über diese kurvige und wahrscheinlich noch sandige Piste. Respekt!

Garth

c5-freak   
c5-freak
Geschrieben

Weis jemand was für ein Rennen das ist, bzw. wo das ist ?

muss ja unter der Kategorie "open Road race" fallen, so wie in Nevada.

R.I.P lil´bird :-(((°

ViperGTS   
ViperGTS
Geschrieben

This was at the Sandhills Open Road Race in Arnold NE. 55 miles of closed county road that used to be a cow trail that they continually put sand/rock and oil down to make a driveable road for vehicles. This road is unengineered and the most fun I've ever had racing.

Actually it was more around maybe 120-130mph when the bird hit.(judge it in the video) If you put your finger at the point where the top meets the windshield and try to push your finger through the weatherstripping, you can't even push it through. You can barely get a screwdriver through. We have wondered many times how the heck that bird was cuisinarted into the car. Someone suggested that there might be a slight lift at those speeds that seperates the top from the windshield? I doubt it though. Possibly just the forces when they met??????????

In the straightaway is where we topped out at 160mph due to the 3:73 gear. The Viper won the overall unlimited class with a 130mph avg. over the 55 miles.

There's alot left for the avg. on this road. Notice how much overslowing there is in the entry to the turns. I couldn't hear a thing from my navigator from the very start. We were winging it.

There's some serious rollers and blind dropoffs that suddenly go left and then right. If your not careful you will be rolling out into the black angus cowpies. A vette rolled into the fields 2 years ago. I was told the guy was picking glass out of the farmers cowshit for hours.

I get excited watching this stuff again. 29 miles, around 15 minutes going North, then you have breakfast and do another 26 miles South on the same road. 80 cars race against themselves. So much fun!

poluxx   
poluxx
Geschrieben

sieht nach ner Menge Spass aus, wie die fahrer wohl aussahen.....? :puke: