EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

The 7 series facelift unveiled !

cstavaru

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Yes, that looks like an Li.

But they are still deffinitely lost. There is no cohesiveness to the tail at all, it's fussy. The front now resembles a bloated 3-Series. I don't think there is much that can be done to save the E60/65 design.

• 2 Wochen später...
  • 1 Monat später...
  • 3 Wochen später...

Imo, the 7-Series has lost it's way big time, in more than just styling. Do you know what they call the V8 model now? The 750, talk about confusion.

E38 says sleek, sexy sports luxury.

E60 says "hey, I'm fat and I look good in black!" :wink:

This is the new 7 series, BMW will come back - sometimes.. What happened to the good old days someone asked? what good old days? I guess that's not very old days! :wink: Everything change - german statussymbols come and go in periods.

I think you guys are being a little hard on the most succesful 7 series in bmw history.The thing is a beutiful car and so are the rest of bmws new disghns.they must have done something right becaus there selling more 7s than ever in bmw history.

I think you guys are being a little hard on the most succesful 7 series in bmw history.The thing is a beutiful car and so are the rest of bmws new disghns.they must have done something right becaus there selling more 7s than ever in bmw history.

they are selling a lot now because most people are stupid and look at it as a status symbol. they know its ugly and think its a style only the "rich" can appreciate. i would never buy a new 7 series. a8l or s600 all the way.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo cstavaru,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

So what you're saying is that only Noveau Riches buy the 7-series? I think it looks pretty cool. I think it's something you guys will appreciate in 10 years. For now, everyone will hate it.

So what you're saying is that only Noveau Riches buy the 7-series? I think it looks pretty cool. I think it's something you guys will appreciate in 10 years. For now, everyone will hate it.

thats not what i was saying, but why not. in europe if you have money you have an S class on an A8.

i think the reason the 7 series outsells the a8 in the states is due to the fact that people here dont know much about audi. they know MB and BMW. they want the MB but they cant afford it, so they buy the BMW. They see it as a status symbol.

The fact that BMW is selling more cars now than ever is not a testament to the designs so much as it's simply a reflection of how well their marketing has been going for them. Plus, today's BMW's are more packed with electronic gizmos than ever, and in the mass market, that stuff sells cars.

As for whether I will find the E60 attractive 10 years from now. Maybe because I have an artistic eye, but I'm positive it will never grow on me. I know myself and it's just not my style, it wouldn't have been 10 years ago, not now, not ever. The details are much too plasticky for one thing.

The fact that BMW is selling more cars now than ever is not a testament to the designs so much as it's simply a reflection of how well their marketing has been going for them.
couldnt have worded it better myself.
  • 2 Wochen später...

BMW will outsell mercedes this year.

The new 7 looks better, and they had to change things. The old 7 looked the same as it had for more or less 15 years. It just wasn' as up to date as the new mercedes. It was attractive, but aging. The 750i makes sense, bmw doesn't use odd numbers anymore really, and you can't complete about the new class leading standard power. Compare the stock 275hp 4.3L V8 under the hood of an S430 and the comperably priced 360hp 4.8L V8 in the 750i. It's still an awesome piece of engineering.

BMW will outsell mercedes this year.

The new 7 looks better, and they had to change things. The old 7 looked the same as it had for more or less 15 years. It just wasn' as up to date as the new mercedes. It was attractive, but aging. The 750i makes sense, bmw doesn't use odd numbers anymore really, and you can't complete about the new class leading standard power. Compare the stock 275hp 4.3L V8 under the hood of an S430 and the comperably priced 360hp 4.8L V8 in the 750i. It's still an awesome piece of engineering.

Yeah and to be honest with the quality drop Mercedes has the only thing you are paying for is the badge. Although BMW has had some serious electronics flaws.

When it comes to engine power the 7 series way outranks the S class, but when it comes to electronics and little gizmos the S class has the fore front. And lets be honest when you drop that much dosh on a car, gizmos is really what you want. I mean you're not buying a 7 series to take to the track. Smooth ride, luxury and comfort is really what counts. But then again compare the luxurious interiour of the 7 series with the plastic interiour of the S class and you'll start getting doubts.

I think we'll just have to wait till 2006 when the new S comes out so we can compare both models.

I like the new headlights, they make the 7 series look normal again. BMW should put those in the 5 series aswell. Should make the M5 look alot better.

The new 7 looks better, and they had to change things. The old 7 looked the same as it had for more or less 15 years. It just wasn' as up to date as the new mercedes. It was attractive, but aging.

November 15, 2003

the E39 is a far better looking car than the E60, ditto the 7 series, the old ones were more elegant and sporty. The Z3 was classic, Z4 is strange. I've yet to see a spypic of the new 3 i trust, but if he did anything to the grill i'll teak. i want bangle sent to the moon, maybe further.

Aging shmaging, personal opinions may vary over time, but classic is classic no matter what the age, you understand that. Nothing major really has to change but for the sake of keeping the fickle public enthused - that is all. It's really the big reason why most things change in the car world, and often not for the better. Somehow, the more powerful engines for '05 do not spark my interest. It's not exactly like shining shit, but it's in the same yard.

As for the Benz being plasticky, the same can be said for the E60, oh boy. Gizmos sell cars, but from my own point of view, it's not why I buy a car. Fox, you are suspicious of cars that are all extremes. These are cars of extremes. They out size, out power, and out gizmo their predecessors, but looking at the full scope, how much does it really matter?

On the subject of new school, I saw a new MB CLS500 today. Only thing really unique about it was the roofline. From the doorsills down it could have been a Lexus.

I acknowledge the beauty of the classic lines of the older bimmers. They are improving on this new messed up styling. Bangle is out, and they are getting more attractive. They had used the old style for too long though. Benz restyled and was much more modern, and it made the BMW look outdated. BMW sells on being sporty and cutting edge. Out of date is hard for them to pull off. Whether they did the right thing is hard to say, but they had to change something.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...