EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Bentley Continental Flying Spur

WiWa

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Ooh, thats bad. May VW burn in hell.

But from what I have learned, this car is not to replace the Arnage, but act as "entry level" saloon.

So you have the Continental GT and Continental Flying Spur for the poseurs. And then the real cheese Arnage for the real Bentley buyers.

Moinsen

We have to wait until the Mulliner-Option is available.

Sure, the real (and wealthier) Bentleydriver will order the new Arange.

But I think there were some Arnage customers having a closer look to the flying spur.

I agree with you that a Arnage LWB (Long Wheel Base) with Mullineroptions is 100% better and more luxury.

Of course the materials and workmanship are gorgeous, as they certainly should be. But the design and architecture of the interior is actually quite common. Get a load of that shift gate - straight Audi rip-off.

Of course the materials and workmanship are gorgeous, as they certainly should be. But the design and architecture of the interior is actually quite common. Get a load of that shift gate - straight Audi rip-off.

But why is it that the word "gorgeous interior" never crosses my mind when I see an Audi and it comes to me every time I see a Bentley ? :)

It must be something special about their interiors...I for one would not change anything in that interior.

You don't find Audi interiors at least attractive?

Well for one thing, the trademark bulls-eye air vents help the Bentley interior stand out. It has a psychological effect of being something special. The two tone look gives pizzaz, and the lavish expanse of natural wood trim says "gorgeous" all over. Also, the waterfall center console in the rear passenger compartment and highly sculpted dash, you don't see that in an Audi.

Things like this, as well as more subtle ques are used to provide the interior with a rich and timeless air - "Bespoke" as the British would say. Audi has become very good at utilizing such things - like real aluminum trim and detailing to create this atmosphere in their own cars. They use wood, which common to the industry is colored and quite heavily laquered, but Bentley uses a much more natural prosess which does make a difference.

• 1 Monat später...

As far as the exterior goes, I think even the 300C has more visual impact.

Stylistically, there is nothing really special about the Continental Flying Spur. It looks like a car with front wheel drive.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo WiWa,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Bentley (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 2 Wochen später...

This is my first post here and i registered just for this.

I had the privilge of bieng able to attend the launch of this car last night in Preston with the Ribble valley dealership.

While we were waiting for the unvieling itself, my old man and I were discussing the pictures of the car from various angles which were all around the place. Almost instantly we both decided it could be the S-type's bigger brother, as from most angles it looks strikingly similar.

When you get in to the car, the first thing i noticed was just how much plastic there was! its everywhere! To me, this was a major dissapointment and kind of spoils the car as a whole.

There is no doubt that arnage buyers wont be changing to this model any time soon and that its aimed squarly at S-class merc, 7-series and Jag XJ owners looking to go upmarket a bit.

There is no doubt though, at £115,000 this car is excellent value as there is nothing in the marketplace that can begin to compare on a like for like basis.

This car drives like no bentley before, except for the GT of course and is a beautiful place to be, however i think its just been influence too much by the german accountants.

As for my old man, he's sticking with his SL55 for now. He put a deposit down fot the GT convertable, from what i was able to get from the bentley guys its about 2 years off, probably launching around the end of 2006, it looks amazing, probably a soft top, 4 seats, but its not official yet. It has to go through a number of development stages so at the moment its nothing more than a concept. I did manage to find out that the order list has about 250 deposits already, possibly more!

Hey Monkee :wink2: , greetings to the forum.

Too cheap for leather overlay even, just plastic huh? It is a pretty decent deal, but even still it's a VW/Audi in disguise. For an upmarket offering it works, but for a Bentley, it's downscale and all about selling a name. That doesn't appeal to me.

The whole reason people buy Bentley is because there is no other production car today that is hand crafted to such a high degree, and offering the finest materials everywhere - With possible exception to Rolls-Royce. In that respect, a budget Bentley doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Except for VW in financial terms.

• 1 Monat später...

it's a phaeton, it rides on a phaeton platform, has a turbo form of the phaeton engine, has the same hoor gear, gear shifter, center console, it's all straight from the phaeton. also, it's built in germany.

That's all it amounts to. I used to think parts bin cars was like buying a pontiac bonneville with the same doorhandle as a chevy cavalier, but when half the interior bits of a bentley come from a VW, that's just too cheap.

i can honestly say i think that bentley is going downhill , i dont mean the company good sales reflect this but in my opinion bentley is going to get golfitas , where all its cars in the future will be the exact same thing underneath . :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Bentley sales will probably increase quite substantially because of cheapo VW based entry level models. They will be Bentley's in name only.

Odd how thay haven't yet sold out the Bugatti name in the same way.

• 8 Monate später...

I dont think you should be outright dismissing this car, it has presence without being overstated. It has supercar performance (0-60mph in 4.9 seconds, and top speed of 195mph+) and is one of the most luxurious cars on the market. Just because it shares a few bits and bobs from the VW parts bin doesnt mean those parts arent quality - remember Aston Martin used switchgear from a Ford Mondeo in their DB7 - but this is no where near that extent. Its hand-built and beatifully put together - and to compare it to the hideous Phaeton because it shares the same platform and a few bits is beyond belief. Remember whats the point in making a car if your not going to make a profit? This car still has the same "Bentley Magic" - its still built in Britain mostly.

Some people are having a go at it for being "entry-level" - but i dont see how you can describe it as that with prices starting at £115,000 going upto £245,000. Thats a lot of money for a lot of car, and is sensibly priced for the market.

It's a discount Bentley that isn't based on a Bentley, that draws away from it regardless of how nice it is. Having seen a Continental GT in person, I doubt the Flying Spur will have a lot of presence either. I expect more than plastic headlamp covers for that kind of money anyway.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...